Deployable Mortars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployable Mortars

i was wondering about deplayable mortars, like 60mm or 120mm mortars. ive heard it was used it bf viet and i thought it would be cool for PR. Deployable mortars are used in todays wars by both sides anywayz. A stationary Artillery weapon like a M-198 would be also a cool defense and offense tool, just like the stationary turrets in bf 1942 it is a good tactic to use for supressing fire. Different type of shells may also be a good idea for different situtations, shells like smoke, frag, fire, and etc. Although for the stationary Artillery i might perfer a 3 or 4 man team,perhaps a sq to make it realistic.
    Any ideas or thoughts plz post :D.

Re: Deployable Mortars

I do think mortar whould be awsome in PR, but since you do not respawn that othen, and never at a flaf it is pretty hard to utelize a firesupport weapon like that, for that role ther is the artillery strike.

Comment

I have the feeling we should wait for 0.7 or some ulterior version.

Comment

They have already stated that mortars are a work in progress. There was a non functional one in the beta before the removed it.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

POE2 has em, maybe PR can borrow them... or wait... just make better ones :D.
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Exactly, PoE should be borrowing from PR. PR is a few ranks above PoE imo.

Comment

Well,its hard to say POEs mortars aren't as good as PRs...when PR doesn't have them yet!

Comment

I think that maybe artillary is a little unnecessary in PR i see a mortar for small arms infantry or something but like steevo said that is what the artillary in the CO area is for.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Only a couple maps have arty though :\

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

it was stated that PR will have their own morters and not borrow it from anyone else. It will be 99.9% origional

Comment

what about the 0.1 %???

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

lol .1 is there so, just incase, something is stolen then you can blame it on the .1, Thats why the Anti-Bacterial soap kills 99.9 % of germs. IF it didnt kill some then you can blame it on the .1%.

Comment

Yah deployable mortars would be pretty choice. I could just see it now on Basrah, mmmm.

Comment

I remember back in my Battlefield Vietnam Days. On certian maps one chokepoint could be held off by one guy,no matter how many troops they threw at you. Just needed an ammo source.

Comment

im just saying that the deplayable mortars like the 80mm or the 120mm can be like a pick up weapon ( rpgs, heavy sniper, and etc )for both teams and than you set it up on a platform(1-3 duration). It doesnt have to be a 1 person manned weapon, PR might make it like moveable turret with a 2 person slot seat ( 1 launcher + 1 spotter ). Also to make it even more balance to play make the mortar fire realistic. When i mean realistic i mean you launch a shell in the air and it lands where u aim (aiming designing ill leave it to the devs) but it has a large radius area on where it lands, so it can land anywhere within the 10m or less on the chosen area. The explosive damage and shrapnel (if they have that effect) will make up for its inacurracy. And please...dont ask me why a mortar might be useful in PR, incase you want to know it can cause alot of damage to defending positions, its a good suppressing fire tool, slows down advancing sqs or team, and it can save lives before the troops enter the combat area. Not to mention that it is deployable, you can push back enemies block by block.
                              Last edited by Liquid.Watcher; 09-06-2007, 12:05 AM. Reason: more detail

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X