• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from the PR front.

Check the Project Reality site.

Patch news sounds interesting:

Originally posted by Project Reality v0.61 Patch Update

While progress has been steady, we are taking a bit longer than initially intended to finalize the v0.61 patch as a few of our project leads have been busy dealing with real life issues. None the less, we do hope to release the Project Reality v0.61 patch in the very near future.

Here are a few of the finalized changes and fixes which will be included:

- Removed Crewman Wrench from Crewman Kit, tanks will now have to have engineer support to repair themselves.
    - Rally points now give ammo again.
    - Some maps have had significant game play adjustments, including ticket bleed adjustments, vehicle spawns and timers, Capture Point adjustments, etc. Full list of all these changes will be posted.
    - Scoring system has been overhauled to encourage more teamwork actions and to fix a few incorrect scoring bugs.
    - Fixed a lot of python scripting problems that were causing server and client crashes.
    - Python code has been refined significantly to hopefully improve server performance.
    - Insurgency mode overhauled, should be working properly now.
    - Finally no more solo-tankers? Sure hope so.
    - Not too sure about ammo from RP 's, used to be like this in 0.5 it seems so it 's just being fixed. I can't really remember how fast and what it exactly reloaded so I guess I 'll have to find out if this is good or bad...
    - Fixed maps -> more in rotation -> stable server... sounds good.
    - And last but not least -> INSURGENCY!! Really looking forward to this.
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: News from the PR front.

Thanks for posting this here. I'm looking forward to this as well. SO IS TROUBLESOME :)
    Skud

Comment

sat night you and troublesome were in "we win" squad that never followed my orders on 32 phoenix when i was CO

no supplies for you!!

j/k it's cool now

Comment

Awesome news Im really happy about no wrench for crewman

Comment

Originally posted by Mix0lydian View Post
          sat night you and troublesome were in "we win" squad that never followed my orders on 32 phoenix when i was CO

no supplies for you!!

j/k it's cool now

We kept the flank clear for the whole round, without a rally.

YOU BOW TO US.
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by DarkestSpade View Post
            Awesome news Im really happy about no wrench for crewman
            2nd that

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I think they should leave the wrench in..........or let a normal engie be a "driver" only
              Gerardnm

Comment

Good to hear they are cleaning up the code some more. Great update!

Comment

More:

Originally posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead
                  Spec Ops - no changes in this patch, expect alot of changes in v0.7

RP giving ammo - gives ammo to ANY infantry weapon/item. in BF2 there is no way to differentiate ammo (like in 1942). So you can rearm HAT, grenades, field dressing, etc. This was in v0.6 beta and v0.5, it was a bug that was introduced in 609 which will be corrected. The RP is a vulnerable thing, so firing from its position is not always the wisest idea. We want to maintain that the RP is a squads lifeline, so going back to it for rearming and regrouping is an important aspect we want to keep.

ETA - probably September, its done its just awaiting someone vital to package it all up.

Apache - will be in the 32 player version of Kashan, as USMC have borrowed some from the Army/Brits ;)
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Wonder why they'd swap the heli tbh.

The apache is much less convenient to use I reckon, the pilot is looking at the sky only unless he puts it into a dive

Is the apache a PR made model, prehaps thats why

Originally posted by Jaymz
                    KoC is trying to hack in some sort of sway but even if that doesn't work we'll overhaul the deviation system so that your accuracy depends how much time you took to settle as well as several other things. DON'T assume you'll have realistic shooting in future builds of PR but DO assume that we'll make it as realistic as we possibly can within the confines of the BF2 engine.
                    Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 09-07-2007, 06:39 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Sooooooo, does this mean I won't have to uninstall and reinstall BF2, the patches, and the mod every week in order to avoid the "Your CD-key is not valid" BS?
                      playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                      I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Thats nothing Ive ever had or heard of being connected with pr, try the technical section

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Stop stealing keys :P

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I do not see a note on the insurgent's models for moltov cocktail and IED but I will keep my fingers crossed.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Checked the technical section, nothing. Don't steal CD-keys. Any other questions? Oh, and are they really putting in models for the Molotovs and IEDs?
                              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X