I need a show of hands: PR squad training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a show of hands: PR squad training

A few days a go Beerhunter posted a thread about the lack of organization in squads.

Thread is here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-call-out.html

I made a post in response which shows a 5 part video narrated by fuzzhead. After watching the video series, it got me thinking, why aren't the irregulars practicing these concepts.

For the incredibly lazy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-xZXf-Rvsg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUnRZDomaQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Ik9kjbIB8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1hTAtZZPE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGUgfbao2E4

So I am thinking of organizing a small, informal event (open to the public and current irregulars) which covers the concepts fuzzhead goes over in his videos.

This event would have a sign up list, will probably take place on a password night (sunday, thursday) and schedule at a time convenient for the majority of attendees.

Basically we will review the concepts, I will try to answer some questions, attempt a few short drills and finally try to employ these concepts against opponents.

So who is interested?

Re: I need a show of hands: PR squad training

O snap i was supposed to post this in the irregulars forum. My bad.

Comment

Pirates Ahoy!

Forum about to be boarded! :madsmile:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

The pirates have a snitch!

'Quick, ask him where they hide their booty before they feed him to the sharks!

-If you need "stunt dummies" to play Op-For while you guys practice maneuvers, I'd be happy to set up some ambushes for you guys.

You might try rehearsing some situations you might likely encounter in game:

1) How to attack & defend the River Fort or Temple on Seven Gates
        2) How to assault North or South bridge on Operation Ghost Train.
        3) Armor combat on EJOD or Oil Fields
        4) Urban combat & maneuvers on EJOD or Sunset City
        5) How to attack & defend East & West tower on Mestia
        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

And one more..

"how to not confuse your squad by telling everyone what to do when you are not the squad leader"
          listen close
          to the rat-tat-tat-
          as the metal flies,
          we should know as fact:
          that unearthly demons
          are part of our pack,
          and as we engage you
          in battle we pass.

Comment

Originally posted by billyinorganic View Post
            And one more..

"how to not confuse your squad by telling everyone what to do when you are not the squad leader"
            ah yes. communication discipline is one of the best things a good SM can have. there is a thin line between making helpful suggestions and simply being annoying. i myself am guilty of being a "backseat-driving" SM sometimes. thats one thing i have to work on besides flying...

Comment

Originally posted by billyinorganic View Post
              And one more..

If the PR community needs to learn one thing and one thing alone, that is it. Half of the players on the mod seem to always think they know better than everyone else. Sure tips are nice but don't tell your squad members how and what to do unless you are the SL or they ask for the advice.

Also, don't say anything unless it is enemy intel. Unimportant voip chatter is very distracting. It lowers the entire squad's level of awareness, ability to hear the squad leader and the enemy.

In fact, when I hear someone in the squad telling me, others and the squad leader what to do, I simply go to the manage tab and turn off their voip to me. It is the worst thing you can do in a squad. You might think you are great because you have a mic and can talk constantly but just do everyone a favor and step on it if you are not going to use it properly.
              Last edited by Gahlas; 09-05-2007, 03:44 PM. Reason: Added the last bit.

Comment

I'd be interested in showing up if you do it on a weekend since I work afternoon shift M-F.

Comment

count me in.anything that will make a lousy bad slow player better.

Comment

Well doh!! Yea - of course..if the time is suitable for me though.

Go for it..because even if you think you know everything , there's always someone who can teach you something else or learn from you.
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Yep I agree, constant orders or constant radio traffic is a negative imo

Even if you are the SL, you might get better results asking for people to achieve an objective rather then telling them exactly what to do.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Count me in if this is during a Sunday Night PW session.

Comment

I believe the guys over at PR are already doing a similar effort :D.

Originally posted by Project Reality news
                          -Project Reality Training Team Goes Live

The Project Reality Training Team (PRTT) has gone live this week, paving the way for players to hone their skills in regular training sessions.

The team will be available each Thursday evening British time (currently 1900 - 2000 hrs GMT+1) on a private server with Teamspeak available. Each session will be a chance for PR players both new and old to practice aspects of the game that they may be unfamiliar or struggle with, or even just to pick up some tips and advice from experienced players.

After an hour-long training session with organized practice exercises, skirmishes and drills, the [ABA] (British Armed Forces) guys will join us; trainees and their instructors will go up against the professionals for a friendly bout in a chance to test their new skills!

The team is currently recruiting two-to-three more instructors; if you think you're a mature team player with experience and knowledge of the game you want to share with others, either get in touch with [R-PUB]Masaq or visit the Training Team's forum at: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f134.html

For further information on how to attend training nights, also see the PRTT forum. Updates with details of the first session will be posted over the next few days.
                          Click the banner for more info.
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

thats a cool idea on TG's side and on the PR side. Sign me up
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                              I believe the guys over at PR are already doing a similar effort :D.

Click the banner for more info.
                              That works for all the Europeans of course. But any North Americans are probably working or in school during that. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...