Team shuffle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team shuffle

Playing password night tonight was incredibly frustrating, and for one main reason in my humble opinion: stacked teams. There were good people on our team, and good people on the other. For whatever reason, the pattern was 3-4 hours of losing every round with our team. Because of this, i have to ask why there isn't a shuffle of teams? I love to play with the same guys over and over when it just clicks and everything is working like a swiss watch, but when there is a very recognizable team difference, why not shuffle the teams to help even the battle a little? it just isn't fun if you are stuck on a team that is disorganized, full of newcomers, isn't cooperating, or lack of competent leaders, round after round. I feel this way even when i'm on the winning side. is it possible to shuffle teams in PR? if so, is it something that can be considered? i fully understand wanting to stick with clanmates, friends, or just people that work well together, but in the interest of keeping it fun and challenging for everyone, can a team shuffle be considered? if not auto-shuffle, maybe just a manual shuffle (if possible) every few rounds when it is evident that one team is disadvantaged?

Re: Team shuffle

I did randomize the teams after two different rounds earlier in the night but stopped when I saw certain clans trying to join the same team. Randomizing the teams after each round on a permanent basis is possible but I'd rather just do it occasionally when there is an obvious unbalance. Also people should step up and switch teams.
    Last edited by troublesome4u; 09-10-2007, 01:32 AM.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Often it seems that teams are stacked, people switch, and it still feels like it is stacked. I think morale plays a big part.

If your team is doing good, everyone starts cooperating better and better. If you are doing bad, people leave the server, there is a lot of squad-hopping going on, and you are is less inclined to help people out or let someone have that vehicle etc. It is a self fulfilling prophecy really, and this transfers from round to round.

The best thing to do is to try and defeat the self-fulfilling prophecy by digging in, and getting organised. Even if you lose lots of flags, if you can stop the enemy advance, chances are they will start to doubt, and their morale will drop. This will give a nice extra boost to your team, and can allow a team to come back from behind. I admit it doesn't happen often though on PR.

Comment

I think that this is something that should be dealt with on an individual basis (asking people to move across) and not something to be permanently implemented. I for one enjoy squadding with the same people for more than one round.

Comment

I think that teams should be shuffled at the start then locked. Though playing with my Devil Squadies is important to me, playing fair games are as well.
          Respect is earned.

|TG-6th|Alpha

Comment

I am a full supporter of the 6th for many reasons, but 1st and foremost...

They dont bunch up into an invite only squad all on the same team. They're all competent SL's. If they're on the same team, yeah, they'll sometimes group up. but they spread thier love around for the whole team. You'll find TG Assault and 6th Alpha squads on the same team, with lots of different members.

I really appreciate that the 6th is active with PR, and I appreciate when they're willing to spread out for the community.
            Skud

Comment

i agree with bigal; when on a losing team its a slippery slope, however when getting beaten back, you need to DIG IN, let them take those forward flags and setup a well rounded defense, if you break their morale and they are constantly attacking and getting beaten you can turn the tide of battle to your favor.

My main problem Ive seen on TG password nights: No commander. I see commanders ALOT more on non-password nights than password nights. This last password night, there was no commander and 3 squads named Alpha Bravo and Charlie. To me that tells me there is NO leadership on the team whatsoever, and the team got their ass kicked...

I think organising a bit before the password night should happen. there should be a bit of a 'signup' so there is AT LEAST 1 competant commander per side and 1 competant squad per side. This would make things not so one sided and would make the password night more enjoyable.

It seems the password night never really fills to full capacity, and IMO its because the squad/team cohesion is actually LESS on password than on regular night, at least what Ive seen from the past 6 password nights.

Comment

Password night can be good and it can be a full server still. It depends if the server has crashed just before the password is applied or while the password is applied, the combination of the two can easily empty the server.

If people are joining during a game rather then from the start then they have less interest in the outcome, it can all snowball into a mess.

I think if you anticipate lower counts then smaller maps should be played ideally but I may be biased there because I prefer crowded maps.

As well as the bad, theres been a few good games recently, so I disagree with fuzzs last point.

As far as shuffle goes, I'd like that

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

depends what side you get on sabre, I always seem to get the commanderless, generic squad side it seems :\

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    Password night can be good and it can be a full server still. It depends if the server has crashed just before the password is applied or while the password is applied, the combination of the two can easily empty the server.
                    I for one can barely participate in password nights due to the time and day they take place... As I mentioned before they should move to the weekend -> more players (63/64 means players are constantly trying to get in) -> more people will visit the forum and hopefully read the rules...

As far as the shuffle goes, I don't really like being teamswitched by a server. If I get a good squad going, I 'd like to keep it a few rounds.

PS: I must say the devs did a good job with 0.6 to get more people in the CO seat. His job has become way more important and most of the time there actually is someone brave enough to step up... 0.5 barely had any CO 's.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

There IS one on the weekend...every Sunday when there isn't a scrim.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
                        There IS one on the weekend...every Sunday when there isn't a scrim.
                        Well, I meant fridays and saturdays, when we don't have to work the next day...
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                          I think organizing a bit before the password night should happen. there should be a bit of a 'sign up' so there is AT LEAST 1 competent commander per side and 1 competent squad per side. This would make things not so one sided and would make the password night more enjoyable.
                          I agree with Fuzz, a bit of organization before a pwd nite wouldn't hurt.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                            Well, I meant fridays and saturdays, when we don't have to work the next day...
                            Yeah, saturday nights would be best as lots of people (and me) might be out on fridays. If the PW night became more of a PW late afternoon, evening and night then it would be better as european players can only play for 3hrs tops (unless they stay up until 1am)
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X