Kicked/banned postings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked/banned postings

I have been seeing a few postings from players wishing to appeal their bans.

Pretending I was a first comer to the forums to appeal a ban I found it a wee bit confusing even knowing there is a proper procedure and roughly where to find it.

After looking it over , I thought that possibly the few minor changes could make it easier.

---as it reads now--------------------------------------------------

Kicked / banned from the TG Project Reality Server? READ THIS!

EDIT: Here's a much better explanation post than I'd originally posted - thanks to WhiskeySix, Root and Silver.

If you were acting inappropriately and were kicked or banned from our server, please click here to resolve your issue!

If you were following the rules and were kicked anyway, it was very likely due to an "auto-admin script" that runs on our servers. This script will auto-kick players for three reasons:

---proposed style and wording changes -----------------------------

Kicked / banned from a TG Server? READ THIS! <- made bold.

EDIT: Here's a much better explanation post than I'd originally posted - thanks to WhiskeySix, Root and Silver.

If you were were kicked or banned for acting inappropriately on our server, click here to resolve your issue! Un-ban requests in the general forums will be locked and ignored. <- minor wording/font change for emphasis and warning of being ignored

If you were following the rules and were kicked anyway, it was very likely due to an "auto-admin script" that runs on our servers. This script will auto-kick players for three reasons:

Now there are still going to be those that don't/won't bother reading and following directions. That's unavoidable.

But for those that are looking for the correct proceedure to follow , the changes proposed just MIGHT make it easier for them.

Or,do you even WANT to make it easier assuming that if they cant bother reading the forum rules , have they bothered reading the server rules? :p
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Kicked/banned postings

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
    I have been seeing a few postings from players wishing to appeal their bans.

Pretending I was a first comer to the forums to appeal a ban I found it a wee bit confusing even knowing there is a proper procedure and roughly where to find it.

After looking it over , I thought that possibly the few minor changes could make it easier.

---as it reads now--------------------------------------------------

Kicked / banned from the TG Project Reality Server? READ THIS!

If you were acting inappropriately and were kicked or banned from our server, please click here to resolve your issue!

---proposed style and wording changes -----------------------------

Kicked / banned from a TG Server? READ THIS! <- made bold.

If you were were kicked or banned for acting inappropriately on our server, click here to resolve your issue! Un-ban requests in the general forums will be locked and ignored. <- minor wording/font change for emphasis and warning of being ignored

Now there are still going to be those that don't/won't bother reading and following directions. That's unavoidable.

But for those that are looking for the correct proceedure to follow , the changes proposed just MIGHT make it easier for them.

Or,do you even WANT to make it easier assuming that if they cant bother reading the forum rules , have they bothered reading the server rules? :p
    I'd like to share your optimism, but experience has made me jaded.
    Clear statements, logical formatting... I've not seen it matter in the past.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Went through and added a couple boldfaced changes and that extra sentence. Thanks.
      Beatnik

Comment

I think most people are still too shocked to read the stickies and just want to post.

It would be nice if every new thread with BAN/KICK in the title would redirect the creator to the above thread and ignore his post. Don't think this is possible though... at least not with these standard forums.

I keep being amazed how polite you admins are in those threads... even after the 9999999...th time :D.

Respect!
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Beerhunter, +rep for being proactive and looking out for people. However, I have to agree with Poker here in that I have seen countless people ignore something essentially slapping them in the face about appeals and making posts anyway.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." - Lazarus Long

Comment

Just wondering, how many people do you get that correctly pm an admin about this?
            (coming from someone who got banned for being a smacktard when he first started playing and posted it on the forums :madsmile:)

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

More than you want to know. ;)

That being said, whenever I reply to an unban request PM, the first line is always "Thank you for using the correct feedback channel" even if they already made an errant post.
              Beatnik

Comment

The only thing you can do to maker people see these stickies, is to work on their basic instincts.

Therefore I would recommend using a .gif file that shows something like wiggling boobs to indicate stickies, and a picture with repulsive content (lots of possibilities here) on the "create thread" button.

:)
                Sure it would ruin the layout, but it works! Saw this on a site that had a sticky called "Jessica alba naked", and it worked one me, even though I'm virtually gay.

Comment

If you go back and look at all the locked threads about getting unbanned, these people are almost always brand new to the forum. Maybe if you added a javascript pop-up or checkbox or something to redirect them to the ban sticky if they say they are joining to repeal a ban. Maybe give it a flashy title like "Click to unban immediately"...*shrugs*
                  Last edited by SeventhDayPariah; 09-12-2007, 11:47 AM. Reason: Grammar bad, edit good.

Comment

Don't make it a pop-up, almost all browsers will block those, a redirect to the page for like 2 mins (you have no choice but to look at it) would be the best option.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                      Don't make it a pop-up, almost all browsers will block those, a redirect to the page for like 2 mins (you have no choice but to look at it) would be the best option.
                      TotalBF2 has a similar thing, where you have to wait +-30 seconds before you can click the 'I accept' button and join the forums. That still doesn't mean people will read it :).
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Can't the homepage for the forums be something like "if you're complaining about a ban, click here to message an admin!"

Then if you create a thread with "ban" in the title it deletes the thread and redirects to a page that says "You are a moron-click here next time fool"

Might work, just a thought.
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yeah, people won't read it but the longer it is the more chance they have of reading it. If they can't read it they deserved the ban and shouldn't even be on the forums and should be banned from the forums for being retarded.

Tactical Gamer
                          The PREMIERE online community for MATURE gamers
                          Mature, not idiots who can't read.

There is the exception of people that speak a different language and don't know English very well but there are many people at TG that know other languages too.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X