L85 drill error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85 drill error

I know that this isnt a huge issue, but if they want to be realistic in PR then they could of at least corrected the mag change drill for the L85. On the game you insert a new mag, then RE-COCK the weapon, where instead you should be easing springs as its already cocked. Anyone else picked up on this??

Re: L85 drill error

Not familiar at all with the L85 drills. But maybe the right place to point this out would be on the Project Reality forums.

Did a quick search on the PR forums and it doesn't look like this was discussed. I recommend you do your own search though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Para View Post
      I know that this isnt a huge issue, but if they want to be realistic in PR then they could of at least corrected the mag change drill for the L85. On the game you insert a new mag, then RE-COCK the weapon, where instead you should be easing springs as its already cocked. Anyone else picked up on this??
      Unfortunately I gave up on the REALITY of project reality when I noticed a player running and aiming straight after a torso shot with any standard rifle.
      Murderous

Comment

Its always going to be an arcade game, I just like how it occasionally matters if you think or not.

Is the OP about animation or would it make a difference to reload times or something.
        The devs reside @ http://www.realitymod.com/forum/

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

2 Para, this is known by the dev team of course. We have several active british servicemen who have meticulously demonstrated how the L85 reload drills go.

the current reload animation is from DICE. our animator (spearhead) is working on some more pressing matters currently, namely fixing the insta-prone diving crap, but it is on the 'TO DO' list certainly.

If you want to help, start animating and you will quickly be added to the dev team as there is a crapload of animation tasks that need to be sorted ;)

Comment

Murderous: yes we know about this problem its a huge problem right now, the fact that you can instantly aim accurately anywhere, even when getting hit.

Were working on a solution for v0.7.

Currently in v0.7 test build the 'accuracy' has been much improved. Basically, you need to stay motionless for a period of time to get max accuracy. If your constantly moving around, your weapons 'deviation' will suffer accordingly (unforunately no scope sway yet).

Still to do is to figure out a way to either increase the deviation of your shots when you get hit, or add some kind of visual screenblur/shake/etc when getting shot so that you are severely disadvantaged.

Trust me the devs all play, and we know all about the **** that happens, like when you shoot someone in the back and they instantly turn around and shoot you in the head, or when you engage a man running in the open, he is unaware of your position, you are prone, you carefully aim your shot, you hit him center of mass, he stops, turns toward you, hits prone while simultaneously putting a headshot. That type of stuff is crap and as Lead Tester Ill be dedicating alot of my time to making sure this doesnt happen for v0.7

Comment

Wow... nice post fuzzhead!

Cool to know...!! The v0.7 will be very "different" in a better way comparatively to v0.6 (maybe that much from v0.61 tho... :) !!! )
              Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

COOL! I might have to come back to BF-PR if most of the "crap" gets taken care of.
                Dam cold in 2142, stupid body amour is NOT insulated! and I hate frost bitten fingers.
                {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post

Currently in v0.7 test build the 'accuracy' has been much improved. Basically, you need to stay motionless for a period of time to get max accuracy.

I think you can currently see something like this in action on the m203. I might be wrong but I think that was the change between how it worked in 0.6 and now.
                  It actually has stopped me running around with the nade launcher primed all the time because it does dam all good as an instant fire weapon now, typically it flys off at a right angle and kills a teammate.

Anyway, if this turns out good it will be the most significant ever mod PR has done to the bf2 engine imo :icon20: It could prove to be incredibly unpopular as a result but Im for it personally though like I say its messed up my favourite kit allready! (I need to practise)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    I think you can currently see something like this in action on the m203. I might be wrong but I think that was the change between how it worked in 0.6 and now.
                    It actually has stopped me running around with the nade launcher primed all the time because it does dam all good as an instant fire weapon now, typically it flys off at a right angle and kills a teammate.
                    Yeah, I remember in the tunnel on OGT I took aim with a chinese nade launcher at a group of brits, fired, and tked the squad member 4 feet to my right and about 1 foot ahead.
                    I think maybe in RL it would go mostly ahead and a bit to the sides instead of mostly to the sides and a bit ahead. (but what would I know about grenade launchers)
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

hey fuzz, thanks for advice. What sort of software should i use then to animate?
                      I have the ideas, just not the equipment (yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                        Yeah, I remember in the tunnel on OGT I took aim with a chinese nade launcher at a group of brits, fired, and tked the squad member 4 feet to my right and about 1 foot ahead.
                        I think maybe in RL it would go mostly ahead and a bit to the sides instead of mostly to the sides and a bit ahead. (but what would I know about grenade launchers)
                        IRL you dont use the 203 unless you're under cover and have an "idea." Even then, you'll probably miss your 1 shot oppurtunity. But yes, they don't do the 90 degree turns or even 30 degree turns for that matter.
                        Murderous

Comment

I was trying it out before and it works much better if you just restrict yourself to using the scope on it, right click. That way you delay and stay still long enough.

Even the smallest movement or sidestep to align yourself will throw the aim off which includes turning on the spot I think.
                          If you do pause it did seem to work fine, at least as accurate as it was in 0.6 (still not perfect obviously)

Comment

Heh...if you think the 203 is bad, try the LAT rockets... o_O those things are just bizarre...I think they shoot 10 degrees off target unless you spin three times and pray to some Hindu god. Or when you line up the perfect shot, accounting for drop and for some reason, the thing fails to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDayPariah View Post
                              Heh...if you think the 203 is bad, try the LAT rockets... o_O those things are just bizarre...I think they shoot 10 degrees off target unless you spin three times and pray to some Hindu god. Or when you line up the perfect shot, accounting for drop and for some reason, the thing fails to drop.
                              If you shoot them from crouched position without moving, they 're pretty accurate.

+rep for Fuzz, great info :).
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X