Connection loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection loss

I have noticed this happening to me a lot recently and was wondering whether anyone else has this problem?
    Many times when I'm playing on the TG PR server, I will spend ages trying to get into a good squad with people I know are good SLs/SMs.
    Thisa happened to me about 3 or 4 times on Kashan tonight (12th sept 8pm GMT).
    I will finally get into a good squad and play about 5-10 mins when suddenly it freezes. Then after about 30secs it unfreezes and carries on working, filling me with hope that its a temporary glitch. Then it dies and loses connection (same thing really).
    I reconnected and joined the same squad (led by a Maxwell Q Klinger). Same thing happened. I reconnected and joined Dirtboy's squad. We played for about 10 mins, I stole a MEC H-AT, we capped north bunker, I got into defensive position on the roof with Crawlingeye. Lost connection. At this point I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at my computer and making various threats to it.
    It seems to happen more towards the evening rather than the afternoon (or morning on saturdays). Does this happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by westyfield; 09-12-2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: the iron jackboots of the spelling police came down upon my post
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Connection loss

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
    I have noticed this happening to me a lot recently and was wondering whether anyone else has this problem?
    Many times when I'm playing on the TG PR server, I will spend ages trying to get into a good squad with people I know are good SLs/SMs.
    Thisa happened to me about 3 or 4 times on Kashan tonight (12th sept 8pm GMT).
    I will finally get into a good squad and play about 5-10 mins when suddenly it freezes. Then after about 30secs it unfreezes and carries on working, filling me with hope that its a temporary glitch. Then it dies and loses connection (same thing really).
    I reconnected and joined the same squad (led by a Maxwell Q Klinger). Same thing happened. I reconnected and joined Dirtboy's squad. We played for about 10 mins, I stole a MEC H-AT, we capped north bunker, I got into defensive position on the roof with Crawlingeye. Lost connection. At this point I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at my computer and making various threats to it.
    It seems to happen more towards the evening rather than the afternoon (or morning on saturdays). Does this happen to anyone else?
    I was on Kashan tonight as well...had the connection problem once for about 20 seconds. Other than that I was just lag spiking for a second or so. It's there, I just dont think its entirely the server. I read an article about some new worm that has been spamming the internet for the past 3-4 months. Is it just chance that we've been complaining about server lag for that long also? Or is it just .6?
    Murderous

Comment

I wasnt on that night, but i have had the same problem. i think its just my internet connection as it happens to me on all servers. however it seems worse on the tactical gamer server
      |TG-Irr|Link2edition

Comment

There are 4 possible reasons for this happening.
        A) The hosting company for the server is being overloaded and not sending everyone the required information to keep on the server.
        B) Punkbuster
        C) You have many people with the same ISP in your area and what ISP's do is spread out a certain connection speed over a certain amount of people and all the bandwidth of the area is being used up. (I know ISP's are gay but they ALL do it to save money and earn more.)
        D) You might have out of date software (Wireless Device Drivers) or something else related to the internet (Such as a router) which is near it's expiry date :P

Could be something else that I'm not aware of though. I would go with B though.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X