90 sec round delay for password night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 sec round delay for password night

The last couple of password nights have had their 90 sec round delay setting turned off. We need this time to form up into squads and get slow loaders on the same page (like me...).

Re: 90 sec round delay for password night

I agree! I was getting annoyed with that.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I fully endorse this idea and/or product.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Actually it should be there. I'm not sure why it's turned off but we'll look into it.
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by xcannon69 View Post
          The last couple of password nights have had their 90 sec round delay setting turned off. We need this time to form up into squads and get slow loaders on the same page (like me...).
          It's not intentional, it just "happens." But yeah somebody has to restart the server and do something special to get it back when it does happen.
          Murderous

Comment

Its been like that for months afaik and I quite like it but I can see it'd be unfair on some

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i load quickly, but it still sucks when the round starts and either there are only 2-3 small squads or all the squads are near empty...i actually wouldnt mind a 2 min round delay

Comment

Originally posted by Mix0lydian View Post
                i load quickly, but it still sucks when the round starts and either there are only 2-3 small squads or all the squads are near empty...i actually wouldnt mind a 2 min round delay
                Agreed, I vote for 2 minutes (which it is on normal nights right?).

Most of the time when I get in the server, there are no squads present and when I then create a specific squad... all the pubbies with fast pc 's will just join me without even paying attention to the squad 's name and purpose. I then end up with half a squad after 5 minutes because the pubbies were doing their own thing, grabbing sniper kits, choppers, etc... I 'd rather wait a minute before I create my squad so everybody gets a chance to join.
                Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Actually, I'd rather have a longer than 2mins start time on pubby and PW nights. it gives more time to get the squad organised, if people are a bit slow in joining you barely have time to say "* and ** are medic, ! is rifleman, ^ get engineer and we're spawning at-"
                  And they've spawned.
                  What is the max start time it is possible to have? I think 3 mins would be better cause the 2min timer starts once 2 people are there, so joe public with our slow computers join with 1min to go.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I believe 2 minutes is the max. That should be what it's set on. The admins are discussing it.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

good to hear

Comment

Heh, i still don't get in even with the two minutes :/

Comment

I also agree with the max 2 minute option. As a lot of kits require you to join for a minute before getting the kit it makes organizing the late loaders a little harder. The timer was off for a round or two tonight (but was fixed after) and it really made the start hectic.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X