Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help but donít know how to get it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help but donít know how to get it.

Hate to be a bother but didn't know where else to turn..

There have been a couple of threads here and over on PRM’s site about “training sessions” which I’ve signed up for but never heard anything back.

Anyway, they sound like they want to delve more into tactics than game play which would be fine IF you get into a squad where all members understand what you’re trying to accomplish.

Haven’t played on line much BUT have been playing SP whenever I can to try and figure things out so when I do get on line again, I’ll know what to do. Hate the thought of bumbling around in a squad trying to win the map and asking stupid questions while utilizing limited kits.

Managed to improve my flying skills somewhat, SL basics and command etc. but there are some things though you simply can’t do in SP with bots and these are the areas I need help in to figure out.

Tried being Medic but stupid bots won’t stand still for healing or come to me. I have to go to them in the middle of a firefight, which makes figuring out Medic tough.

Spotting for a sniper can’t be done (though sniping can) with bots.

Dual tank operating is tough as the bots won’t stop for you to line up a target nor direct you where to go if you’re driving (though I do have some experience in this from RO)

How to use the HAT and AA missiles (aren’t they supposed to be guided after you get a lock on target?)

And some other things…

Don’t know how one could arrange a specific session but any help would be appreciated.

Might be thought for a specific newcomers training session maybe?
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Need some help but donít know how to get it.

find me in game wednesday night after 5pm, we can join an empty server and go over whatever you like. Ill have you hitting 203 shots from 300m before long.

xfire: BUS
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

In a firefight, a medic should be shooting.

Unless the SL goes down, in which case it's:-

1. Eliminate any visible enemies actively engaging you.

2. Put smoke between the SL and the direction the enemy fire is coming from.

3. Dash in > Revive > Find hard cover.

4. Hope the SL follows you.

5. Med kit out. Get close to SL. Hold down LMB.

6. Heal SL. Try to position yourself so the SL can face towards the enemy while you heal him.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
        In a firefight, a medic should be shooting.

Unless the SL goes down, in which case it's:-

1. Eliminate any visible enemies actively engaging you.

2. Put smoke between the SL and the direction the enemy fire is coming from.

3. Dash in > Revive > Find hard cover.

4. Hope the SL follows you.

5. Med kit out. Get close to SL. Hold down LMB.

6. Heal SL. Try to position yourself so the SL can face towards the enemy while you heal him.
        I always assumed in a fire fight a medic was more valuable with his health kit out rather than his rifle since there are 4 or 5 others returning fire but only one to heal/revive.

Medics for the most part are considered non-combatants and carry weapons only for self-defense.
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
          I always assumed in a fire fight a medic was more valuable with his health kit out rather than his rifle since there are 4 or 5 others returning fire but only one to heal/revive.

Medics for the most part are considered non-combatants and carry weapons only for self-defense.
          In theory that sounds good. However, with PR's lethal weapons unless you eliminate the threat that killed or injured your teammate then you are asking to suffer the same fate. Shoot first...heal second. A dead medic doesn't do the squad any good.

While we are on the topic of medics, the person receiving the healing has an equal responsibility here. For God's sake, crouch, get your gun out and keep watch for crying out loud. I can't count the number of times I've died from an enemy right next to us while trying to heal someone who was lying prone flopping around like a fish on dry land. ;) If you crouch then you don't need to worry about hitting the medic who is also lying prone next to you.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

First, I apologize for not responding quickly enough. I have been extremely busy with school work lately.

Currently, 3 people have signed up and I have 2 open seats available.
            Those PRM training sessions are run by me. First lesson will be this Friday @ 6:30 pm - 7pm (I don't know for sure which time I will get on) and it will last about 1 hr to 2 hrs altogether, I just sent out PMs about the lesson and what we will cover. If you want to join just send me a PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X