A map on youtube/training ground?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A map on youtube/training ground?

Hi all, when I was watching the latest PR videos I decided to check out more on youtube and found this below...can someone look at it and tell me where this guy is? He is on some training area map with every jet, heli, gun, etc to play with? I know I am an idiot but I have never seen this before....? thanks in advance...

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AZOESqlmCp8&NR=1[/media]
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: A map on youtube/training ground?

Its a dev test map afaik not a training map.

proving grounds or something like that, I wouldnt mind a go either but its never played multiplayer that Ive ever seen

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I think the saying goes as "The first rule of Training grounds is not to talk about training grounds."

I'm sure you can access it somehow.

I've always wanted to.
      Skud

Comment

If somebody still has a copy of the PR v0.6 open beta, you could upload the map for download, but I'm not sure if the PR devs would like that too much. It was included entirely by mistake.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

...I got on it once,i didn't know we werent supposed to? It was in a previous version of the game.

Am I allowed to say how?

Comment

It would be great to have that map available. It is just what is needed to practice your skills with all those nice limited kits ... or to realize you should never get those kits unless you want to have people laugh at you!!!

The point is, its really hard to practice with limited kits or vehicle, specially in PR. Even if you start a map locally, you have to wait a long time for the plane, tank, etc to re-appear. So practicing is hard.

This map would be great for training grounds and to allow people to better know the weapons available to them in PR and to better use them.
            TG-Irr BoldKiller0082

Comment

I made an even better one, but its a BIG file...email me or pm me here and I can send it thru gmail perhaps...I havent tested it with latest patch though...
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Upload it to rapidshare.com if its less then 100 meg, no reg needed

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bold View Post
                  It would be great to have that map available.
                  This map was created for dev testing purposes. It contains a lot of unreleased and unfinished stuff... I can assure you it is never a good idea to publicly release things like these, and I'm sure you can appreciate why.

So lets just forget about it ;)

Plus, if you want to practice with the special kits, pick them up in game. If you never get to pick them up, why practice with them anyway

Comment

The map was too small anyway, could hardly take off with a plane, flying was pointless.

It had about every vehicle/pickup kit on it... damnit... need to stop talking about it.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

much better training map is in the works

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                        Excellent news.
                        I've posted about such a map numerous times in this forum and also in the PR suggestions. I think it would be great if a map was available with all the vehicles, cqb practice area (with cardboard enemies if possible or something like that), with a shooting range for all weapons (including for tanks, choppers, planes) and what not.

It would be great then If there would be a server running this map 24/7 as I can't host lan games since the second vanilla bf patch :p.

Comment

A small training map to start the server off after a crash and help raise counts would be ideal. Something small till 32 players get on but I guess Im trying to compromise the purpose of said map there :/

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                            A small training map to start the server off after a crash and help raise counts would be ideal. Something small till 32 players get on but I guess Im trying to compromise the purpose of said map there :/
                            That is actually a great idea. The 64 maps are no fun anyway with a low pop count, and people most join nearly empty servers to to practice flying and such. With a time limit set, I think this would be a lot of fun to start the server with.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                              Can't wait to see it and I am sure many people will be happy about it.

Will this be a TG map or will it be in the next official PR release??
                              TG-Irr BoldKiller0082

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X