Negative score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative score

In the first minutes of Jabal I was taking the APC from the carrier to west beach when it got heavy AT'ed (with just me in it - and my score was 0 before that).

I was immediately kicked by PB for a negative score!

I've heard several others complain about this as well and am wondering whether the negative score amount is set a bit too small? Is it possible to change?

Re: Negative score

When your in a vehicle and it gets blown up you'll get a neg score. I think the neg score kick should be lowered to at least -50 instead of -24 or w/e it's at (somewhere around there).

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Its about 25 I think. If you lose a major asset at the start of the game then you have failed tbh and I dont think a kick is too hard and yes Ive had to sit out entire maps because of similar.

However getting attacked like that should never have happened, that was basically a UCB attack imo.
      I dont really love the attacking flags out of sequence thing at all but attacking traffic as it leaves the UCB is especially low.

The game wont stop such tactics being effective so I do think admin kick or ban should have been applied but its not easy for them to do that immediately even if they did agree with that action.
      If you do get something like that, record the date, time, map and grid reference and ask an admin or even look at the BR yourself and pm the screenshot to an admin asking for their opinion/action

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

STT, I don't really agree here. If you shoot a vehicle somewhere on the map that is moving towards an UCB, you can hardly call this an UCB attack. Nor if you attack a vehicle somewhere on the map, even if it left an UCB some while ago.

I really doubt the APC was attacked as it left the carrier, but more as it got close to the shoreline. That really can't be called an UCB attack.

Then there the whole argument about defending flags that are grayed out but not capturable to slow the enemy advance. That is, in my book, a totally legitimate and valid tactic. It is even encouraged in some maps (Kashan desert, to name one example).

Comment

If it was firing on the shoreline then fair enough I guess. Grey flags has been discussed before, it just doesnt feel right to me overall but each to his own I guess. We played this tactic in the last scrim, I'll play along but I wont pretend I think its great though its definately effective

Moving from the UCB to the first flag should not be something you have to worry about imo unless either of those flags are actually in play, I just think thats below the belt.

The mirror of that would be if USMC jumped in a BH and moved to attack the bridge by MEC HQ. Blow up the bridge and stop any traffic crossing it with HAT, etc
          Again its debatable, they can go around or something I suppose.
          I think its below the belt though and if sucessfull it invariably turns into attacking the traffic closer and closer to the UCB.

Another irritating one, attack traffic leaving either of the HQ on EJOD using a tank sitting miles away. Again, I think such players suck tbh

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I think it's fine, same as the Chinese attacking mine at the beginning of a round of Quai. You may not be able to cap it, but it certainly delays the enemy. Besides, the more people using this tactic, the less people there are on the front lines.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

STT, I can't believe that you have not ever driven an asset that has been destroyed within the first few minutes of joining a map! It's a calculated risk, when you know the MEC may be rushing the beaches with APC's and HAT's it calls for the USMC to also rush the beaches with similar assets.

How else is the USMC supposed to get people to shore? Boats (even more easily destroyed) Choppers? (easily destroyed).... Swim? (lol)

A player shouldn't be kicked (it's auto by punkbuster setting, not an admin) for a calculated risk. I would still have been kicked by PB even if I had driven to a safe land location and driven 5 minutes along the shoreline and then gotten destroyed. There's a difference between wasting an asset because someone is being a 'tard and from losing a calculated risk. You may not agree the risk calculation is worth it in this situation, but I think many people would agree with this risk.

Comment

I said I have been kicked for the same reason.

In my case it was just me being stupid, in your case I think its unfair and cheap of people to do that.

Im not sure if its a bug and massive negatives are being produced because you have not yet got past zero score or if they increased -points to more then 25 for any vehicle lost.
                A boat shouldnt get a kick really. Find out which it is and ask an admin to raise the limit maybe I guess.
                I personally favour a kick because I'd prefer penalties for lost vehicles be applied to players not silly 20 minute spawns which are just boring tbh

You get points for transporting people, if you carry one passenger and get him to step out before you approach the shore then you will get past the zero score. Thats if the latest patch has not altered this.

One thing people dont do with tanks or Apcs enough is use cover. If you can have it just so the turret pops out over the top then you stand a much better chance.
                If your prepared to compromise their own view for some cover, Im sure it makes a difference. Use the 2x zoom where you can, Hat only has 1x

So in your case I would advise use of the mountain ripples/hills to the east of the w.beach to give some cover

(Boat is -28 I think so would be a kick & APC is about -48 )
                (somehow I got -20 for getting killed while driving a car, the car survived..)
                Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 09-22-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Since the new patch, I'm pretty sure you also lose points for getting killed while you have a requested kit.... My first time playing the new version and I got a -10 score for dying with the LAT kit...which was odd to say the least, but understandable. The problem would only be between people requesting kits needlessly and dying within minutes or people tking and people who legitimately die while attempting some sort of action that fails and happens to blame them for the consequence. Maybe faulted TKs could actually be given some sort of grievance, in which case the auto kick for negative score could be removed?... I've watched people intentionally TK multiple people and never get kicked. And on the other hand have people legitimately transporting multiple people get killed and blamed (at least in points) for the death and get kicked in turn. It's a fine line, but then again...this is the TG server and both circumstances are rare.

Comment

If you punish for a tk then 3 punishes will get the person kicked. I think thats done from the amount of punishes rather the score.

I just got booted for my sucessfull jihad, doh!

Comment

one down side of the "negative score boot" is the slippery slope effect.

If a team gets pushed back to a couple bases the chance are higher for them to lose assets and achieve negative scores. If players are kicked for losing these assets, the team that was already behind, is now short players. Now a new player joins with a score of zero, is placed on the losing team, hops in an APC gets killed 2 seconds after entering and gets booted... rinse and repeat... end of round.

Comment

The kick limit is not working with the latest patch. I got kicked this evening with a high KD ratio, lost an APC and still had a high score, then was booted for a negative score (which I did not have) after being shot while on foot. Something is fishy in score counting land.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                          The kick limit is not working with the latest patch. I got kicked this evening with a high KD ratio, lost an APC and still had a high score, then was booted for a negative score (which I did not have) after being shot while on foot. Something is fishy in score counting land.
                          You got kicked for negative scores, but had a positive overall score? Did you have a negative teamwork score? Any more information on this may be helpful.

Comment

Nope, that was fine too. Getting negative points for dying in a vehicle is stupid in the first place. I don't think it is worth my time to go back and look for specific points values because we shouldn't be getting negative score kicks for dying in our own vehicles anyway.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                              Nope, that was fine too. Getting negative points for dying in a vehicle is stupid in the first place. I don't think it is worth my time to go back and look for specific points values because we shouldn't be getting negative score kicks for dying in our own vehicles anyway.
                              I actually like this to be honest... makes you think twice before driving an APC right into a fight. The vehicles are simply too important in PR, especially the tanks and in some of the maps they decide the outcome, no matter how good the infantry is fighting.

About the forward attacks... as mentioned it 's been discussed before and it 's a very effective strategy if it works but I 'm not a fan of it myself. Imo it takes away the entire point of AAS and in some maps (Jabal, 7Gates,...) it can be pretty lame.
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X