Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Formation

Greetings PR players,

I have been playing BF2 for almost 2 years now, finding it is a great game engine. Recently, I have been playing PR (about 2 months). The difference is amazing, and the game play on TG makes this game a step above anything I have done in the past 25 years.

For those that started on paper games and lived through the years of SSI magazine, you know that the recent developments in fisrt person shooter games are quite something. That said, first person shooter games are nothing without real squad dedication to duty and mission.

I retired from the US Army 5 years ago after a 20 year career. This is the best thing I have seen since leading a real squad in the real army. I am excited to play PR with a new group of dedicated players - TG makes that possible.

I play regularly on Sunday nights from 2 - 6 pm EST. I would like to recruit players that would be interested in gaming in a squad that we can get together then, or whenever we can. I regularly play with my best friend WARLAB, and we could use some extra help. I would also like to form a squad for participation in SCRIMS, especally to take on the mighty 6th....

Let me know if you are interested in joining a mostly Sunday night squad. We are dedicated and like to play the game the way it was intended to be played.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Squad Formation

TMAN - I think that I have exactly what you're looking for!!!

As you are aware, TG has several in-house squads, with the 6th Devils being but one. Most of these squads, as I have found, are by invite only (rightly so - they are made up of the best and players should earn their way into these squads via hard work and explemifying what TG is all about), but there is a squad that is open to all - the Irregulars. I myself have joined this salty crew just recently.

Let me point you in the right direction:

Irregulars forums

Irregulars recruitment thread to cast your lot with us vermin

Internal scrimmage that is open to all

Read up on what the Irregulars are all about, their history and I think you'll find this is what you're looking for to help make your experience while playing on TG even better!!

The irregulars would be glad to have ye aboard! I'm pretty sure Warlab has already signed on, so come sail with The Pirates and get to plunderin'!!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I just applied with them yesterday, TMAN

|

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post

I have been playing BF2 .... finding it is a great game engine.
        ROFL.

But in all seriousness, the 1st MIP was notorous for thier formations and drills. They're in arma now, but a couple of them are playing PR again. You should consider talking and playing with them to get some ideas.
        Skud

Comment

Sounds great but unfortunately I only get to play on fridays these days... that might change once me and the misses get our own place. I 'm very interested though and I think I 'm in the same timezone as you (GMT+1) so if anything gets going I might join in later. I love teamplay and like leading and if I get a good squad going I 'm all in for tactics.

Good players are hard to find on weekend nights though...
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

OK a 20 year career and now retired. Congrats BTW.

Well I spent 2 years as a reservist in the KOCR (Kings Own Calgary Regiment) in the 60's and all I learned was was to follow orders , NEVER volunteer for anything and that RSM's don't have a sense of humor while on parade. ;)

Far too many RL issues to commit to a regular time right now but whenever I can play and see you on , maybe I could plop myself in your squad.

Sounds like it would be kinda like a trip down memory lane. :icon_bigg
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Beerhunter,

Sounds good. Hope to see you this Sunday. I plan to keep this post alive at least for a week or so to see if anyone is interested in forming a Sunday squad or just a squad that we can call our own without larger affiliation.
              sigpic

Comment

1pm today TMAN. You said the sever was going to be reset at 1pm EST right ?

|

Comment

I'm willing to join you TMAN. Its tough to get a decent tactical squad going these days with pubbies running off even if you give them precise directions. Then you have to count in the inexperience pubbies have which further degrades gameplay. Is there a particular time you get on other than Sunday? My Xfire is xcannon69.

Perhaps we could create an unofficial division/squad with off-game collaboration??

Comment

I'd love to join serious squad which is not easy to find at public serwers.
                    Let me know on PM before you start battle. I am online quite often :)
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BloodAce View Post
                      I'd love to join serious squad which is not easy to find at public serwers.
                      Let me know on PM before you start battle. I am online quite often :)
                      Cheers
                      not easy to find at public server? Not on TG buddy! :P
                      Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

XCannon,

Thanks. I play as often as I can, but Sunday nights are almost a done deal for me. I usually get on at 2pm EST (8pm here in Germany) and play until 2 am. Makes work the next day a real bitch, but PR is worth it to me.

WARLAB and I share a Team Speak server that we run parallel to all of our Sunday games. If you would like to start forming up a Sunday squad, we should start working on a team logo / something to rally around. I have some ideas, but would be very open to suggestions.

Blood Ace: Are you a regular player on TG servers?

TMAN
                        sigpic

Comment

I will be there on Sunday.

As for a logo.

Comic relief.

Maybe we can try to work out these tactics?
                          link

Comment

I took a look at the link / forum on tactics. Looks like basic ifantry movement to contact formations. BigGayAl said it best that if he had the energy and the squad (the latter being the key) it would work. I am very much interested in having 2 or 3 set formations with kit assignments to attempt movement to contact and defense formations. It would be a huge improvement on just running through the woods and shooting (I hate when PR starts to look like normal BF2).

I will work on some sketches today as well and we can post them here to review.

Great to hear you are on for Sunday. I will talk to WARLAB and at least we can have 3 in the squad to start with. I will also forward you the Team Speak information.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

I took my references for squad logos from Stonewall Jackson and the 199th light Infantry Brigade that served in Vietnam.

Black Flag means take no prisoners. The 199th was brutal in dealing with the enemy, so I think it is only fitting to use the black flag of Jackson and the 199th motto to carry the battle to the enemy in PR.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X