99.9% true widescreen.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99.9% true widescreen.

Came across this when browsing the PR forums. The original thread can be found here and the developer 's thread here.

I haven't tried it myself but I will tonight cause according to most of the replies, it should work fine. There might be a slight issue when zooming in (ironsight/sniper/turret) because there 's a delay in correcting the FOV (which can be adjusted with the tool). I have yet to verify whether this is usable for PR or not, but if anyone else has a WS monitor and a certain urge to try it... let us know if it 's any good :).

Punkbuster should not kick/ban you for using this.

I 've been playing in WS resolution 1680x1050 for over a year now and I 'm used to the cut off parts. I just couldn't go back to a stretched res or black borders once I found out the shortcut trick...

The 0.1% refers to the stretched HUD :).
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: 99.9% true widescreen.

you're welcome for the link ;) I have yet to try it myself, same with the +FOV 1.08 string.

Comment

wow very useful indeed. I've been waiting to test the 1440x900 on BF2 for ages now, thanks a lots.. I'm going to test this right now.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

awesome thanks!
        sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Cheaters :p!

Comment

report back on how it works for you if you don't mind.

Comment

You know I started that thread right?

Comment

Did a quick test and the program works quite good. It does zoom your view out a little bit so I 'm not sure whether this is better or not... will do some more testing tonight.

Some screens:

Without and with WS Fixer:

Comment

One problem I've noticed with this fix is that when you are using the weapon sight zoom, there is a fairly big movement of the crosshair AFTER you place the centre reticule on target.

This means that using the weapon sight is very difficult if you actually want to hit anything!

Otherwise, it is great that you can actually see more of the screen with this fix. Will have to do some more testing to see if this persistent from game to game or specific to maps etc.

Comment

Playing with it right now, refresh speed at 40 is best for me but I 'm not sure if the gained view is worth the scope lag...

Damn Dice/EA should 've just included it from the start... noobs.

EDIT: Meh, it doesn't work that good after all. I get all kind of weird zoomed views half the time when switching from ironsight to normal sight. The urge to keep it on is big though, I love the FOV :(.
                    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I tried the +fov 1.08 with unconfirmable results. Would you mind testing adding that to your command line?

Comment

You also get a HUD bug when Ironsighted in a moving jeep, you can see the bottom of the Black Iron sight, so you have a Ironsight floating in mid Screen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheskilledoneOSOK - YouTube Videos.
                        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=454724633178684067 - Old vBF2 Sniper Video (all clips are from when Scope was full screen)

Comment

Yeah, please update with results. I've been scared to use Widescreen Fixer because of a possible punkbuster ban. Right now just using a command line edit and I lose a little at the top and bottom.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yay! Widescreen.

Comment

I used it no problem on your server, but I got rid of it because half the time I forgot to turn it on. And really it never helped me, especially diong command work :D
                              sigpic
                              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X