You guys with the good computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys with the good computers

do you guys ever freeze up like when flying or even as infantry. if so, how often? i just wanna see if getting a new computer would fix these problems for me too as ive got good internet and 32 ping to TG

Re: You guys with the good computers

Originally posted by FeistySheep. View Post
    do you guys ever freeze up like when flying or even as infantry. if so, how often? i just wanna see if getting a new computer would fix these problems for me too as ive got good internet and 32 ping to TG
    I never see it. I think the best way to fix this type of issue is to get more memory...I'd highly recommend 2 Gigs.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

not often... but usually when I do everyone else is having it too and the server crashes shortly after. I've only seen this 2 times and it was on Kashan.

core2 duo
      2gb ram
      8800gpu
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I have a fairly low-end system and I don't outright lock up and crash. Some rubber-banding and lag on the Chinese jungle-and-grass maps, but playing at lowest settings makes it better.
        P4-3.0 Ghz
        2Gb RAM
        ATI x1350 Pro
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I generally crash out, strangely enough, about an hour and a half into every scrim we play. No kidding. Scrims only. Generally fine the rest of the time.

Opty 165, 2 gig good ram, ATI 1950pro. All water-cooled.

The 2G ram advice is the best single and cheapest possible fix.

There's so many variables. Hit up the hardware section before buying stuff; I'm sure there's lots of guys that'll talk about good stuff to buy. I'm one of 'em.
          OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Sometimes I get massive FPS drops. (from 50 to 0.1 or so) out of nowhere.
            I have a 512mb nVidia 7600 vid card, 2 gigs of ram, 2.4 ghz AMD 64 processor, and about half my hard drive is free. (100 of 180GB)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I can't tell you my System specs off by heart, but I often get freezes and connection loss just as I round a crner and see a squad of enemies looking the other way. Something to do with 'easy kills=connection loss' I think...

Oh, but I do have 2 gigs ram.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I bumped my dual core 2.8GHZ pc to 3.5GB of RAM to make it play correctly. I also installed an NVIDIA 6800 video card to take care of memory on the video side. I think the RAM is the most important for good play and the video memory allows you to up the graphics settings to see more detail. Ping is important for reaction time and lag, but shouldn't send you to the desktop if you have poor ping.
                sigpic

Comment

I've got a decent System and I play on the highest settings with absolutely no lag or rubber banding at all. I used to have 1 GB though, and I couldn't even play on medium/high settings on vanilla, so memory is definitely the key.

Pentium D 3.2 ghz
                  3 GB's ram
                  Geforce 7900GT
                  Plenty of HD space

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I've got descent comp but I experience a huge FPS drop in some grass areas of Qwai (80 to 15 fps)
                    I never froze in game but I sometimes crash to desktop, it's very rare tho

e6400 @3.0Ghz
                    X1950XT
                    2 Gb DDRČ
                    Last edited by eol; 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Going to 2 gigs ram made the difference for me. Kinda like Warehouse said if I see issues, usually the server crashes soon after.

3.2 GHz P4
                      2 Gig DDR2 Dual Channel
                      10k rpm sata
                      7600 GT

|

Comment

I used to have the following...

AMD 64 3200 2.0 gHz, 7300 GT (Actually a solid card for the price I paid, 79.99 in August 2006.), and 1 GB of ram

I got stuttering on big maps, slow load times, but medium all and no problems. Couldnt fly reliably.

Now...I upgraded...

AMD 64X2 4200+ , 8600GTS, 2 gbs of ram. I havent tried all high, I could do it, but I prefer blazing speed compared to looks. On medium PR is a impressive game, all things considering it's a 2005 engine.
                        Skud

Comment

I have an AMD 3200+, 2x512 of OCZ PC3700, 9800Pro...! So my comp is pretty old... I play everything at low and only [email protected] (damn this suxxx!! :P).... The only lag I got is in the beginning of the map (to load the ram) and sometime in the game when alot of action is going on!

But in general, I think it play well! Even I don't have 2gb... but I know I should buy a stick of 1gig.....!!!
                          Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

wow, my computer is 5 years old and its all stock, Summer 2003 Dell XPS P4 2.8, 2gb ddr pc3200, ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb. I play on all medium, except I bumped up the resolution to 1280 x 1024. That just shows you how great the 9800 was and still is. Nothings overclocked!!!!! it plays great with no problems on pretty much all servers

Comment

Hgl, I used to play on a 9800pro and it will do medium settings if you add more memory I think.

If you want high settings then 3gb is about the right amount, 2gb will still lag unless you have a 1gb video card.

You wont be completely clear of loading lag till you have toured the entire map at least once. This only matters alot when travelling at high speed in aircraft, its not a massive deal when on foot unless you've just turned the corner and met a squad of course! :o

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X