Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The grenadier kit as a mortar

Basically its a simple formula: GL + Source of ammo = mortar

This strategy works extremely well on 7 gates when taking the island fort flag. If you can get a source of ammo (RP, crate, APC, truck) it can be very effective at suppressing the defenders and with a few carefully placed smoke grenades, a lone grenadier can single handedly turn the battle.

The GL has a substantial range and with good use of the minmap, one could cause some serious damage on enemy fortifications even if you are beyond their visual range. With a little practice, I've noticed you can accurately hit targets around 300 meters away and much farther than that if you have high ground and put enough elevation on the sight.

So would you guys say this is a legit strategy? At worst it is nade spam although most people continue to run around with the grenadier kit as if it were an uber noob tube, I would like to think that this is a much more realistic approach to using them.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Re: The grenadier kit as a mortar

I have done this on the british side, just a week ago. RP was 10 feet away, I was in an elevated position with my expert 203 skillllz.

I got 22 kills alone with just the grenade launcher before i died.

It's a valuable tool.

?I'm interested to see if this is considered "spam"
    Skud

Comment

Thats fine imo, you should aim to destroy the RP if you can though. Spot it, etc

GL is not beyond the range of a sniper or marksman even so its upto them to respond. Smoke the target first I reckon and use the splash damage to wipe out anything moving

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

If you want to be a real mortar you need a spotter.
        Then you can fire from a hidden position and won't be vulnerable to sniper fire.
        "I'd grown up fearing the lynch mobs of the Ku Klux Klan; as an adult I was starting to wonder if I'd been afraid of the wrong white people all along where I was being pursued not by bigots in white robes, but by left-wing zealots draped in flowing sanctimony,"
        Justice Clarence Thomas

Comment

^^ true but its dam hard to do without seing exactly how far off you were. I use cover, crouch then stand up and switch to binoculars

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

My range accuracy is about 10% with the GL

Any tips?
            sigpic

Comment

wow i tried this yesterday and i got 11 kills. im still trying to work out angles thou

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

As already mentioned, it's an excellent way of softening up an enemy position before an attack.

Comment

Well, I suck with the nade launchers and my only successes so far have all been hitting jeeps. I tried using one once in the tunnel on Ghost Train, I somehow managed to shoot the person next to me...

They're pretty good for room clearing though, like the flag room in tunnel.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I think I will try doing a specialty squad for this on Seven Gates or Sunset City.

Team of 4. SL, 2 grenadiers, and 1 support/rifle.

SL spots with SOFLAM. genadiers pound the target. support/rifle for protection.

- nex

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      They're pretty good for room clearing though, like the flag room in tunnel.
                      Probably a good time to use HAT also I think:row__577:

http://media.putfile.com/m203-spammingmortar
                      Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nex View Post
                        I think I will try doing a specialty squad for this on Seven Gates or Sunset City.

Team of 4. SL, 2 grenadiers, and 1 support/rifle.

SL spots with SOFLAM. genadiers pound the target. support/rifle for protection.
                        Sounds like a pretty good idea.
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                          My range accuracy is about 10% with the GL

Any tips?
                          Like anything else...practice. Load up a local map and get the GL kit. Set a marker on a target and get a feel for the range at distance, using the hash marks on the launcher. Then practice from elevations and precision (shooting into windows, doorways, etc.)
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

This is just nade spam isn't it? I sometimes do the same with regular grenades (sometimes smoke for defense), but I sort of feel bad about it because I'm not sure this is 'realistic' gameplay - IRL I bet they don't have soldiers lying next to a stack of grenades throwing them like a mortar.

Comment

It makes more sense to get dozens of grenades from a crate then half a dozen rockets.

You need to crouch, right click and aim. If you hurry it isnt consistent

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X