Teamkill Apology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamkill Apology

At about 19:30 EST I detonated a C4 on the US helo pad, killing at least 5 people.
    I had placed it in there with the intent to kill everyone but then changed my mind and went off to fight.
    I approached a tank at North Village and tried to drop and detonate only to remember it was on the helo pad.
    I said it was on purpose and for that I apologize to 2 people.
    I don't know which 2 but the others were standing around, doing nothing while we were getting our butts kicked.
    The behavior of people concerning the Apache/ attack helo almost makes me glad that I am losing my connection and won't be playing for at least a month.

The crowding and childish behaviour concerning aircraft reminds me so much of vanilla that I wish they would just remove all aircraft from the maps because it causes so much strife.

Again, to the 2 people who were legitimately waiting for an aircraft I apologize for wasting 30 seconds of your life.
    StumbleDwarf.
    "I'd grown up fearing the lynch mobs of the Ku Klux Klan; as an adult I was starting to wonder if I'd been afraid of the wrong white people all along where I was being pursued not by bigots in white robes, but by left-wing zealots draped in flowing sanctimony,"
    Justice Clarence Thomas

Re: Teamkill Apology

I just wanted to say that I played with StumbleDwarf earlier today and he was an awesome squad member. I guess what I'm saying is that I can vouch that he's not a smacktard. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 9mmGSW View Post
      At about 19:30 EST I detonated a C4 on the US helo pad, killing at least 5 people.
      I had placed it in there with the intent to kill everyone but then changed my mind and went off to fight.
      I approached a tank at North Village and tried to drop and detonate only to remember it was on the helo pad.
      I said it was on purpose and for that I apologize to 2 people.
      I don't know which 2 but the others were standing around, doing nothing while we were getting our butts kicked.
      The behavior of people concerning the Apache/ attack helo almost makes me glad that I am losing my connection and won't be playing for at least a month.

The crowding and childish behaviour concerning aircraft reminds me so much of vanilla that I wish they would just remove all aircraft from the maps because it causes so much strife.

Again, to the 2 people who were legitimately waiting for an aircraft I apologize for wasting 30 seconds of your life.
      StumbleDwarf.
      Depending on which team you were on, that's either a breach of the server rules regarding UCBs or intentional TK'ing...

Neither is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
        Depending on which team you were on, that's either a breach of the server rules regarding UCBs or intentional TK'ing...

Neither is good.
        Yeah, but he did say sorry. Most people would just use the Commo rose to say sorry or type it in game.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I was disgusted and left the game.
          It was not a UCB as I said it was a teamkill.
          I play there often and follow the rules but the vanilla scene at the helo pad got my Irish up and I overreacted.
          I would add this was after about 10 minutes of the helo people crying about how it was their right to have said aircraft and given that those people represented about 15-25% of the combat strength of the team, that isn't good either.
          "I'd grown up fearing the lynch mobs of the Ku Klux Klan; as an adult I was starting to wonder if I'd been afraid of the wrong white people all along where I was being pursued not by bigots in white robes, but by left-wing zealots draped in flowing sanctimony,"
          Justice Clarence Thomas

Comment

I too played with you Stumble and think that you are a good player...when you do come back, you have to decide to hold off on reacting that way. I realize that you did hold off, and it was a mistake to detonate the C4. MANY times I have aimed my weapon at the head of a smacktard, and then dropped it. The only way that we can keep TG rules intact is if we all follow them, no matter how hard.

I for one agree, there are TOO many camping on the helo pad. I was on a losing US team last week due to 2 squads waiting for helos...come on ? is flying that serious? Then go to a flying game. Is it kills you want? then go to another game or play vanilla...scores dont matter here much from what I see other than to prove a job well done. If you know me, I like to have fun in game...but the amount of vanilla play lately in PR is to say the least, disappointing.

I do think that it is time that some attention to the PR rules be paid by all players. A reread of the protocols, and maybe even some mods to the original rules are due. In the end, this is just a game. But the fun can go out of it fast if we lose sight of why we play it.
            sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieRay View Post
              If you know me, I like to have fun in game...but the amount of vanilla play lately in PR is to say the least, disappointing...

...But the fun can go out of it fast if we lose sight of why we play it.
              Yea, I think the reason most of us (certainly me) play PR is for a good tactical experience, and even if you are losing or have not got a good score, it can still be a really good thing to do. I heard somewhere about removing the scoreboard from PR altogether. Not sure if this is true or just a rumour though...
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                I just wanted to say that I played with StumbleDwarf earlier today and he was an awesome squad member. I guess what I'm saying is that I can vouch that he's not a smacktard. LOL

I second that. I played with him on several maps and in a couple squads yesterday and he's someone you want in your squad. We've all been there, wanting to TK a douche. And I think his restraint is commendable. He didn't have the mens rea of an intentional TK so what's the problem?
                sigpic

Comment

yea, don't do that.
                  Try running off into a corner and blowing yourself up with c4 instead to cool off. If you fly high enough into the air, the temperature drops significantly and the scenic overlook of the country side does wonders for your nerves...
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                    yea, don't do that.
                    Try running off into a corner and blowing yourself up with c4 instead to cool off. If you fly high enough into the air, the temperature drops significantly and the scenic overlook of the country side does wonders for your nerves...
                    LOL, or you can just think of warehouse......wait, thats just gonna make me go on a rampage

Comment

Originally posted by 9mmGSW View Post
                      Been there... very frustrating indeed, especially when you 're the only squad attacking the right flag and being pwned doing that.

Problem is that there 's only one map with the Apache and one map with the LB 's I think. Some people prefer flying over infantry and with the current maps PR has, they barely get a chance to do that. I myself would love to see more maps with LB 's, I don't really care about the attack choppers, they too remind me too much of the selfish vanilla gameplay.

Worst thing is that after 2 squads have been waiting 15 minutes for the chopper to spawn, 2 guys take it and can't keep it in the air for more than 2 minutes :(.

I hope the next version limits the pilot kits in a way that there can be only as much pilots as choppers/planes!!!
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Played with Stumbledwarf the other day and he was a great squad player and fully understand his frustration at some of the vanilla bs that has been going on lately. Not for me to comment about the application of the rules as I'm relatively new to the community and I appreciate they are there to protect the experience for everyone. However it is frustrating to have to endure these muppets sometimes. The difficulty is that their numptyish behaviour is often not an actual breach of the rules but more a flagrant disregard for the purpose of playing on the server in the first place. Whilst they are not doing anything that would warrant a ban (thus remedying the situation) they are ruining the experience for everyone else none the less. So Stumbledwarf I am ashamed to admit it but I have been damn close to going vigilante myself. Good luck, mate, I'd squad with you anyday.

Comment

I certainly can appreciate the frustrations you felt, and encourage you to take note of these players, call them out by name (politely, without implicit threats and all that) and to use the "REPORTING" format. Find an admin on TS if possible. Find a squad-mate to find an admin on TS... PM an admin with names, map, and times, so we can check logs. Use stickies, links, and other tools to help the admins help you.

All that said, everyone here knows intentional TKs are pretty much one of the worst offenses here and pretty much NO excuse will get you off the hook for 'em. From my point of view, I'm kinda bummed every poster here didn't light it up with a big "NO, don't EVER do that."

Don't give an admin more to do by acting rashly. We're busy trying to get those guys off the helo pads...
                          OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Well I wouldn't be too harsh on the community since I think I made it plain that what I did was wrong and two wrongs don't make a right.
                            I think they are more venting their frustrations than supporting teamkilling.
                            Justice Clarence Thomas

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X