Map rotation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map rotation.

Alright, here 's the deal. All I seem to be playing lately is Kashan, Jabal and Kufrah. Now don't get me wrong, these are all great maps imo, but I 'm just soo sick of them and I would like to see the map rotation changed.

I checked the maplist and it seems that Basrah is at nr.16. One of the best maps in the last postition of the rotation?? I haven't even got a chance to play it since patch 0.61.

So please all share your opinions on this, personally I would like the see the next 3 maps in the beginning of the rotation, I don't really care what 's next but here 's what I suggest:

1. Mestia (not too big, good to fill the server)
    2. Basrah
    3. Qwai (might as well put it twice in rotation, best map ever imo)
    4. Phoenix
    5. Ejod
    6. Ghost Train
    7. Daqing Oil Fields
    8. Jabal
    9. Kashan
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM. Reason: Forgot all about Phoenix
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: Map rotation.

-Mestia
    -Qwai
    -Seven Gates
    -Kashan
    -Operation Pheonix
    -Al Kurfah
    -Ghost Train
    -Jabal Al Burj
    -Basrah (I really hate this one. Don't know why everyone loves it)
    -Ejod Desert
    -Road to K'ynoganani
    -Daqing Oil Fields
    -Helmand Province
    -Zatar Wetlands

In that order. I have tried to put "long maps" like Qwai/Kashan/Al Kurfah next to shorter/smaller/city based/Inf based maps such Operation Pheonix, Mestia and Basrah.

Comment

The map order seems to change quite often so it does vary. The first few maps will naturally be played more often though admin are excellent at restoring map order after a reboot.

Stuff to consider for the order I reckon would be map type, map bias, length.

So in your order I reckon this is each maps bias (imo)

-Mestia Milita
      -Qwai Chinese
      -Seven Gates Chinese
      -Kashan
      -Operation Pheonix MEC
      -Al Kurfah
      -Ghost Train Chinese
      -Jabal Al Burj MEC
      -Basrah UK
      -Ejod Desert MEC
      -Road to K'ynoganani Chinese
      -Daqing Oil Fields USA
      -Helmand Province UK
      -Zatar Wetlands

Looks to be a good mix from that perspective and I like the first maps personally so I'd not mind so much if the server suddenly crashed :p

I reckon a 32p (or 16p dare I say it ) infantary map should go first after a crash maybe to help numbers rise but mestia isnt a bad idea

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I would greatly welcome a new map rotation. Could this happen for tonight's password night...???
        sigpic

Comment

The reason why it seems like its always playing Jabal, Kashan, or Oil fields may have something to do with the long rounds. Kashan lasting two to three hours. Thats an entire night for most working folks.

Comment

I personally think they should completely remove Kashan from the list...it gets so many people groaning when it comes up. Qwai gets played a bit too much as well, I think more close in infantry/city/forest maps should be played. There doesn't seem to be many of them around. I liked that Mao Valley map from 0.5...
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
              I personally think they should completely remove Kashan from the list...it gets so many people groaning when it comes up. Qwai gets played a bit too much as well, I think more close in infantry/city/forest maps should be played. There doesn't seem to be many of them around. I liked that Mao Valley map from 0.5...
              I agree.
              sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                Kashan gets lots of people groaning because a few noobs can ruin the battle for an entire team. Vehicles are very important on this map, if used correctly it 's a very enjoyable map. Unfortunately this barely happens and all you see is solo-tankers/pilots and people ruining it for others by attacking the wrong flags.

Qwai is imo and I 'm sure many will agree the best map EVER. It has a little something for everybody -> tanks, choppers, boats, TOW jeeps, apc 's and lots of possibilities for infantry. It 's a very well balanced map, I would hate to see it go.

As far as Mestia goes, it was much better during the open beta where the fight actually got passed the first two flags. I 've never seen that happen since...

I too would love to see some of the old infantry maps back. Inishail, Mao Valley and even Steel Thunder. They all had issues but I think most people enjoyed them.
                Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                  Kashan gets lots of people groaning because a few noobs can ruin the battle for an entire team. Vehicles are very important on this map, if used correctly it 's a very enjoyable map. Unfortunately this barely happens and all you see is solo-tankers/pilots and people ruining it for others by attacking the wrong flags.
                  Kashan is just one of those love-hate maps that we'll just have to deal with. Yesterday during password night people were complaining that they didn't want to play Kashan, so we bumped up Jabal to play next instead. Then after jabal loaded we had people who were upset that we skipped it in the rotation, so goatboy put it on for the next map. When Kashan started people started complaining about the map again, it's a vicious never ending cycle :madsmile:

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                    Qwai is imo and I 'm sure many will agree the best map EVER. It has a little something for everybody -> tanks, choppers, boats, TOW jeeps, apc 's and lots of possibilities for infantry. It 's a very well balanced map, I would hate to see it go.
                    I do like Qwai, I just think it gets played a bit too much. It is definitely a 'something for everyone' map and I find it very fun, it can get a bit repetetive though. I think PR needs more maps where boats can be a big asset, so far Qwai is the only one.

Edit: Is Phoenix the one with the US farm, the rail track and the MEC town? I'm not so good with map names...
                    Edit v0.2: Do you guys mean Basrah insurgency or AAS? Because personally insurgency is the best for that map.
                    Last edited by westyfield; 10-15-2007, 12:33 PM. Reason: EVEN More stuff to say
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Phoenix is the map with the farm and Basrah should be played in insurgency mod.

-Mestia
                      -Qwai
                      -Seven Gates
                      -Basrah
                      -Operation Pheonix
                      -Al Kurfah
                      -Ejod Desert
                      -Road to K'ynoganani
                      -Zatar Wetlands
                      -Ghost Train
                      -Kashan

Comment

I think any admin changes in mid-play / mid-night is not good. For those of us who just want to play and don't know what is going on other than getting into the game, it is just distracting and time consuming. I have an 11 month old and I get to play 1 good night a week on Sundays. Restting the server every match to make people happy makes my "reserved" 6 hours of play mostly sitting watching the system load or trying to stay loyal to the PR server on TG. I stay up until 2 am here in Germany to play on Sunday nights and then have to work the next day to get my gaming time in with my friends in the USA. Resetting the server on Sundays has been a real pain and frankly wastes my precious TG PR gaming time. Please leave the server map rotation set once you decide on it. If folks don't like it a particular round on a particular night, too bad. Let folks voice thier opinion in open forum and make suggestions for future rotations known well in advance. We have a good discussion going on an ifantry only night and other issues on the forums. Doing changes on the fly and resetting the server due to a few folks being unhappy will only make the TG server less likely to attract player who want to stay for the night and play.
                        sigpic

Comment

There was a few crashes last sunday. If the map gets changed after that it may be only to put the server back to where it was in the map cycle.

I welcome the maplist being more dynamic personally and admin being around makes people wary of sitting at a ucb with a sniper rifle which can happen even with a password set

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Currently I think the maplist is great!

Sucks about the crashes restarting the maplist, but what can you do... trust me the PR coders are pulling their hair out trying to figure out what it is that is making things crash....

the only things I dont like about the maplist is helmand (its too small for 64 players) and operation pheonix (just never really liked this map)

Other than that I think its great :)

Comment

24/7 Ogt
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse