i cannot join your server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cannot join your server

i am able to load the map and click the join game button, and when i do, i go to the squad (tab) page, but then "[my] connection to the server has been lost" and i am kicked back out to the server lists. there i get another error message "your connection to the server has been lost"

i am able to join other servers, but i have a problem with yours? any suggestions?

thanks

Re: i cannot join your server

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-read.html

If its not for one of these reason (stated above) try to reconnect twice in a row . If you dont have alot of ram , stuff like that can happen .
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ratatomik;815217

If its not for one of these reason (stated above) try to reconnect twice in a row . If you dont have alot of ram , stuff like that can happen .[/QUOTE]

no, it isn't one of those reasons. haha
      i have plenty of ram, and i have played on the TG PR server many many times before, but recently, i can't get it to work.

i have tried MANY times in a row, and i get the same results. i am in the game for a second or two, then i get booted because "i have lost my connection"

Comment

Coronado

I was having this issue a couple of weeks ago. Try updating your PunkBuster - this may be the issue.

Punkbuster manual update - scroll down and find the one appropriate for your OS. This is the fastest way to do it.

Good luck!!
        --d1sp0se

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

thanks hero,
          ill give it a shot.

also important to mention:
          the server appears to crash ever time i join. by this i mean when i look at it on my favorites list, the ping is maxed out and it isn't joinable. if i log in and out, the server is listed in red and appears to be 'down'.

Comment

c:\my documents\Battlefield 2\mods

try deleting or renaming this

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

thanks tigger - i deleted the contents of the folder

as for other comments...they didn't seem to fix the problem. thanks anyway though.

Comment

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?i...f2virusph1.png

this is a link to the problem - after deleting shaders

(i had to break the link to post it)

also, symantec gave me the ip of the computer which produced this warning...is it just the server?
                Last edited by Tempus; 10-16-2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Is the problem fixed by now?

To make sure every process and service you don't need is closed, I reccomend the program "smartclose". http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartclose.html
                  It closes everything that isn't essential in two clicks, and then makes an image to let you restore it all. I would add the pnkbstra.exe and pnkbstrb.exe to the exceptions list though.

Other then that your problem sounds very much like a PB initiated kick.

It is always good to start the game windowed (commandline: "xxxxx" +fullscreen 0) when troubleshooting. This gives you an error report that should make more sense then "connection lost", but only if your game crashes though.

Comment

no, the problem isn't fixed yet. ill give your smartclose program a try. thanks.

is it possible that a reinstall could fix it? i have not reinstalled for a while and have been patching patches, if you will.

also, Al, i don't understand your troubleshooting instructions. do i replace what i have in the properties of the exe with "xxxxx + fullscreen 0" ?

thanks - it's nice to see [your] willingness to help.

Comment

good news. i tried to join the server with the smartclose magic and it seemed to work, however, i have a feeling that an empty server is easier to join than a full server. ill find out tonight.

as for smartclose, i had a heck of a time restoring it back to normal, hopefully it will go more smoothly in teh future.

thanks for all the help -

Comment

Good to hear, if it works with smartclose, that means with near certainty that another program (like your anti-virus) was conflicting with battlefield.

On the restoring; to be honest I don't do that. If I'm going online, I'll just manually restart my security software, and most other processes/services will start themselves as needed.

Comment

good -> bad

turns out i was only able to join the TG server when it was empty/only a few players

turns out i randomly lose connection to texas team players server too...

i am just going to reinstall and see what happens.
                          this produces both good news and bad news:
                          bad news: i won't be able to play for a while due to my bf2 disc-set location in relation to my current location
                          good news: you guys won't be getting pwned for a while :P

thanks for all the help - Seal

Comment

Seal, keep in mind that since you are not a supporting member of TG, you can not join a full server and if you are on the full server, you will get kicked for a supporting member. It is spelled out in the SOP's/Primers on the forums for PR. Good luck, I understand your frustration.
                            sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

understood Mr. Ray. i am not getting kicked for supporting members in this situation. believe me, i have been kicked for that many, many times in the past, and i know what that looks like.

when i say full, assume populated. i am unable to join anything other than an emply or nearly empty server. i cannot join the TG server if it has lets say above 30 members playing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X