TG Server PR Crashes a lot ... WHY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Server PR Crashes a lot ... WHY

unfortunatelly TG PR is about only thing I do online when i have spare time but it seems the TG / PR server crashes a lot I am a paying member as are others is anything being done to improve this and what are the latest efforts to fix this it seems the problem hasn't improved in over 10 months. .... Do we need to buy a new server/location/hosting service.. Can we ask other PR servers what they do... Thanks in Advance ..

Re: TG Server PR Crashes a lot ... WHY

I notice that other servers seem to crash on insurgent maps, just like we do...BUT...it does seem our server is more prone to crashing.

I had a theory that Dirtboy was hosting the server out of his basement in South Korea and just pocketing the monthly cash to pay for his entertainment slush-fund. I heard that the Air Force caught wind of & stopped paying for his full-body "mesages" from Mrs. Moo-goo-gai-pan that he was playing off as physical therapy.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

....it does make sense now.......x-fire-dirtboy-sleeping !!! LOL

damn, only showing half of my post.

I think the server crashes are related to PR itself. Not to the hardware or ISP hosting it !

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
        I had a theory that Dirtboy was hosting the server out of his basement in South Korea and just pocketing the monthly cash to pay for his entertainment slush-fund.
        Egad! That explains his 1 millisecond ping!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I haven't got the slightest clue why it crashes. It irrates me as well, but I just "keep on truckin". Sorry about this gentlemen...if I could fix it, I would.
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Its just the mod I think. At least it improved in the last patch

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Just be glad it is less often than it was in the previous version. Restarts every 3 rounds. No Basrah.
              Skud

Comment

I don't know about the server crash but I get complete disconnections every 2-3 maps.

Maybe ours crashes more because it consistently has the highest population load?
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

According to Game-monitor.com which records server stats over time 'suggests' that the TG server is online just as much as other servers. Although, this shows how much time it is online or 'up', it does not show how OFTEN it crashes.

Here are some stats on percentage uptime for different servers. Listed in order from highest to lowest.

Thors Brigade 98.67% ('Down' for 1.33% of the time eg approx 19 mins per day)
                  Texas Teamplayers 98.61%
                  GSA 98.50%
                  Devils Brigade 98.26%
                  TacticalGamer 97.92% ('Down' for 2.08% of the time eg approx 29 mins per day)
                  thebattlearena.com 97.10%

The most noticable thing is that these servers are roughly 'up' the same amount of time ie 97-98% of the time which equates to only about 20-30 mins offline time each day.

It's probable that the crashes are mostly due to the PR mod, not the entirely the server. I think Belhade is also right in suggesting that the high pop. load contributes to instability.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Maybe ours crashes more because it consistently has the highest population load?
                    Because it's popular! [Apo's world domination plan enters stage 3 :D]
                    I have found that it only seems to happen once I've got into a great squad or have just snuck up on an enemy RP and squad and am about to get an awesome nade kill. Anyone else find that?
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

DVB has a delay timer after each round, I think they crash less too, maybe its a coincidence or maybe not

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X