Training regiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training regiment

Hello people. I would like to ask a simple question. I was thinking about this the whole week long and wanted to ask, if someone who knows the Tactical Gamer SOP's and who has a cnack for teaching people, can actually make a squad on the public server, that teaches Tactical gamer SOP's, thus training a number of 5 people each about how Tactical gamer thinks and breathes.

Secondly, I would like to know what you think of this idea, so maybe I could try and put it into action (if I'm allowed that is) on the public server.

If you need any more info, you can ask on this thread aswell.

Re: Training regiment

wait what exactly are you training the people in... i have no idea what SOPs are..
    Specal ops???

if i knew i would kinda sorta teach people. i prob know what they are just not what to call em.

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ng-procedures/

Here is the page, that has listed all Standart operating procedures for tactical gamer. It is good to read trough the rules and Standard operating procedures.

The military uses them, Tactical gamer tries to simulate that enviroment actually.
      I don't know really if it would help any. I am really crazy for Standard operating procedures, formation, Chain of command, it is all more organized, but I'm asking the guys here at TG if they can give me an anwser or oppinion on if this would push the people that visit our server away.

I know that some don't really like the SOP's, though as I have read, this is listed as a rule on the server really and the guys of TG should promote that and give that experience to others.

So tell me people, would this filter out those, that are just for the kills, and out of the filter we will get those people that want this and wish to be part of such squad SOP's?
      I have been watching the server a bit (the public server that is). And I have seen that many squads don't use these SOP's, let's face, none of them really do (or I haven't been looking much).

At this I am asking, are we lowering the SOP's cause we want to make it fun and enjoyable? I know it is great to have a laid back team, but for myself I must admit, I love these SOP's and knowing that my other team mates know them aswell, I am asured I won't get shot like a lone weasel.

I admit aswell that I haven't joined any private PR nights yet before, and I hope that it is different there. I want to have your guys' opinion if it is right to portray these SOP's to people on the public server, or is it too harsh and disciplinary, and can I only expect these SOP's from squads that are in the in house squads?

Comment

The best way to learn them is to read them a few times over, go play in a squad with a few guys tagged with the TG tag, then come back and read them again. Once you get comfortable enough with them, start squad leading and try to stick to them the best you can.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
          The best way to learn them is to read them a few times over, go play in a squad with a few guys tagged with the TG tag, then come back and read them again. Once you get comfortable enough with them, start squad leading and try to stick to them the best you can.
          Yes that would be a great idea, though I was thinking of making a up a training program and getting my guts together to then go teach TG on the pub server. I was thinking aswell of looking up formations and such and other tactics, hints and tips to put them into that training program.

The training would be in a green zone ofcourse, where enemies rarely attack.

Comment

Hi
            I understand what you want to do but i dont think its a good idea on the public server. Im not sure but i think Tg have a training program or something like that (TG university , look in the general forum).

the SOP proposed are good , but keep in mind that battlefield 2 , even player with PR mod stay a very fast paced "arcade" game. So i think we all try to follow it the best we can in the environement proposed.(at least the people who hang around this forum)

If you really want a more realistic simulation , i suggest that you give Armed Assault a try, its really something!
            sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

PolarisFOX, a lot of what you ask has been disussed in the past. The forums have a section dedicated called Tactical University for training. 2142 is on now, PR is to be next. When I joined up, I asked for the same thing, and found out that the best way to train is to play on password nights, Thursday and Sunday, and get into a squad with some |TG| players. There are also many that can help you that are not tagged. I see you are in Slovenia. I am in the US. I know that BiggaayAL is a VERY good leader to squad up with and he probably plays most times you do. Start there is my suggestion.

I know a lot of players would like what you propose. Check the forums (search back) for more on this, and you will find a lot of good info on it. Good luck...StevieRay

check these out: Thanks to XCannon69 for a lot of the legwork....this helped me out.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactical-gamer-university/

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...up-thread.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-training.html
              sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Learning the SOPs is quite simple. Just read them and try to apply them while playing. For instance, try practicing the enemy contact sop while in a TG squad. Announce over the intercom the direction, range, estimate the type of threat (HAT?, Sniper?), and distinguishing features the enemy target is close to ( ie. scrubs, threats, bus stop, etc...). Just communicating with other squad members increases the effectiveness of your squad no matter what! Even if you end up talking about non PR related subjects! (lol)

As for the training program, there wasn't enough interest so I have canceled it. Instead try to join squads run by TG tagged players.

Comment

I think the SOPS are mostly for milsim games like OFP or ArmA, but communication helps. Noone really uses the fire situation (green, orange, red) as far as I know. I just say 'return fire only' if I want to stay stealthy.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

PolarisFOX,

I think StevieRay is correct. The best way to do training is to play on a password night and get in a good TG squad. The 6th is a great team if you can get in with them on a password night, or if you play on a Sunday, look for me or WARLAB on the server.

I hope if we can form up another official PR squad we can do some formation and basic maneuver to contact and defensive formation plans. These would be helpful in stock situations, but PR and BF2 are tough environments to develop formation plans in. Mostly, PR is a squad leader driven battle, where on the spot decisions will likely override SOPs in most cases.

We should try out some things next sunday if you are on the server.

TMAN
                    sigpic

Comment

Ratatomik:
                      Yes I understand that PR is very fast paced still, though some SOP's can be taked into action, like fire discipline, formations and contact reports.
                      I would play Armed Assault, but dang, if you can give me the money for a new rig, I would love playing that game :) or atleast tell me what kind of RAM and graphics card I would need. (I have 1 gig of ram and a 125MB ram graphics card- Radeon9600 series)

StevieRay: I have checked all those sites and have been already on the forums Stevie, though thank you for trying to give me the info needed. Actually it does help now that I am looking at it even and that Xcannon69 is here.
                      And yes, I will be joining the Private nights as soon as I can, that's for sure.
                      I was thinking that with these programs we would be spreading our way of play to the pubbies actually.
                      Thank you Stevie. And I would like to ask you, if anyone on that forum can put out a training program or give a call out in a thread for people to join?

Xcannon69: you said on one of your threads that you Irregulars could use more of these SOP's in live action and practice them, right? Is it possible that we could get something going together as a training regiment for your guys?

Comment

PolarisFOX, if you wanna see a bunch of what you're talking about in action, sign up for the scrim this Sunday. It's in-house, so it's TG vs TG, and while it isn't going to be as "formal" as a scrim vs another community the rounds will be very organized with each person given a specific role. I'm not sure if there are slots left, but you can probably get in the reserves and I'm sure someone won't show up and you can take their place. That's probably one of the best ways to see true TG teamwork in action.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          PolarisFOX, if you wanna see a bunch of what you're talking about in action, sign up for the scrim this Sunday. It's in-house, so it's TG vs TG, and while it isn't going to be as "formal" as a scrim vs another community the rounds will be very organized with each person given a specific role. I'm not sure if there are slots left, but you can probably get in the reserves and I'm sure someone won't show up and you can take their place. That's probably one of the best ways to see true TG teamwork in action.
                          Thank you for the info, I thought inhouse squads could only join those?
                          I will try, though firstly I will try a PR night to see how it is, and this Sunday I don't have time aniway.
                          Last edited by PolarisFOX; 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM. Reason: my inner gramar Nazi chucked me in the gut.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarisFOX View Post
                            I would play Armed Assault, but dang, if you can give me the money for a new rig, I would love playing that game :) or atleast tell me what kind of RAM and graphics card I would need. (I have 1 gig of ram and a 125MB ram graphics card- Radeon9600 series)
                            From what you wrote i see we both got similar PC specifications. My also have Sempron 3300+ processor and I find PR very slow on my machine.
                            Sometimes its too slow to engage in close combat at all when playing on 64 players server :(
                            I havent got that problems with vBF2 and I'm sure ARMA would make much more difficulties on such a slow PC.
                            Thats why i have to wait till I get new comp and then try out ArmA 2 which is coming soon!
                            Btw anyone know what specifications it will need to run at least on medium details smooth?

Comment

Originally posted by imaword View Post
                              wait what exactly are you training the people in... i have no idea what SOPs are..
                              Specal ops???

if i knew i would kinda sorta teach people. i prob know what they are just not what to call em.
                              Wait till you realize what FOP's are :p.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X