Map start-up time too short on password nights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map start-up time too short on password nights

On normal nights, the server gives everyone 2 minutes to form squads and get prepared, but on password nights it's only 30 seconds. This is way too short, IMO. It doesn't give time for a SL to get his squad together, give some ground rules and prepare for the first attack... and it definitely doesn't provide enough time for a CO to get selected and prepared.

In fact, I would almost champion for making it LONGER than 2 minutes on password nights. After all, aren't those the nights that we're trying to promote MORE squad and team work? So anyway, it just seems a little backwards.

I'm pretty sure this was brought up before but I haven't seen it fixed. Is there a plan to change it back to 2 minutes on all nights? I think that would be a much better choice.

Re: Map start-up time too short on password nights

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
    On normal nights, the server gives everyone 2 minutes to form squads and get prepared, but on password nights it's only 30 seconds. This is way too short, IMO. It doesn't give time for a SL to get his squad together, give some ground rules and prepare for the first attack... and it definitely doesn't provide enough time for a CO to get selected and prepared.

In fact, I would almost champion for making it LONGER than 2 minutes on password nights. After all, aren't those the nights that we're trying to promote MORE squad and team work? So anyway, it just seems a little backwards.

I'm pretty sure this was brought up before but I haven't seen it fixed. Is there a plan to change it back to 2 minutes on all nights? I think that would be a much better choice.
    I second that man! The more time there is on the beginning is more time to get CO and SL to get some "strategy" !

Good Ideas AFsoccer
    Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

I also would like to see that happen because for some people with the slower computers, the game has already started and they are not in a squad because it was only a 30 start time.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

You know, this is quite possibly the only "make the start time longer" thread i've ever seen. I completely agree. Strategy time is crucial to the game and we need to make sure we keep it incorporated into PW nights.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ord-night.html
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ning-time.html

Comment

I agree with the longer start times. Lets every get organized. Lets me grab a cold one between maps...all VERY important.
            sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I'll make sure to increase the startup time on Sunday when password night starts

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Thanks greatnardini!

Comment

Yay! longer start times!
                  I noticed this too last night. i really do like having longer amounts of time to prepare for the coming round.
                  umm... hello?

Comment

I just checked and it seems like the startup time is already set to 2 minutes. Either someone changed it between last night and now, or something else is going on. If it's still not giving a 2 minute break at the start of the round on Sunday we'll try and straighten it out

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Nardini: If I remember correctly, PW nights have never had startup time for more than 30secs. Everytime the server switches to PW, it goes to 30secs automatically.

Comment

What's probably happening is that on the switch to PW, everybody has to rejoin again, and the countdown starts right after two people join, so by the time many of the remaining players have joined, the round's just about to start.

The admins can simply restart the round in these cases.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I think its because its on a match script maybe. Its been like this since I started playing password nights, see my join date and it applies to every round.

I can join in time to see the count down so its not a bother to me but its obvious that many others only join upto a minute or so after others have first pick of kits, vehicles, etc which is probably a bit unfair.

Overall last night was a very good password night. Its counterintuitive in many ways but starting off with that 16p Street map seems to help kick start things much better then any other map would do.

I was probably wrong to ask that we play it out though, when theres 40 players on a 16p map and one side has all the flags but one, it can become a spawn kill massacre.
                          I reckon 30 or 20 mins should be enough for that map at the most

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

My 4 year old emachine would be very thankful of this "improved" start up time. By the time I load into game it has already started like 1:30 seconds ago! No joining good squads for me!
                            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Cheers to that !!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X