PR Server gameplay degredation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Server gameplay degredation?

Hey, this is Aerosecurity from BF2142. I decided to start playing PR once again, maybe try to learn it (and actually be able to kill something?)

Anyway, i was playing on your/our server the past few days, and particularly last night (during password night), noticed some discontent among the players of lax control over the server. I heard complaints in my squad (over VoIP) that TG was not enforcing their rules very well (one particularly brutal incident in which someone TK'ed a teammate for an M95 sniper rifle, another incident where another squadleader TKed our squadlead out of our car, and stole it with our entire squad still inside claiming that he called it first, another instance where the a not-in-play main was being camped by the other team).

I tried to explain to the players on the server that if they had any issues with player conduct that they should hop onto the TS server to contact an admin about the problem.

Perhaps we should include something on the server announcement messages, that periodically show up on the top of the screen, the TS IP address, and a short message saying that admins may not always be ingame, but can be contacted via TS.
    umm... hello?

Re: PR Server gameplay degredation?

I think that that would be a great idea. Saves time for a first time user searching for TS info, and can help get stuff like that in control.

Just my two cents.
    {-BaH-} RedSeal

Comment

I am on teamspeak throughout the day, and if I'm not there another admin will most likely be. If you can't get a hold of us on TS use xfire, or pm. I was on most of last night, but if I don't know about an infraction I can't do anything about it. Make a screenshot and pm it to an admin, or at the very least bring it up in global chat.

TK'ing for a kit is unacceptable, especially the m95, and if I had known about that the tk'er would be banned, no question. Same with the tk for the vehicle. Us admins try to be much more forceful in our application of rules during password night. If you are playing on password night then you should know our rules, plain and simple, and if you don't follow them you're gone.

The TS idea is a good one, I'll bring it up to the other admins, and I hope you enjoy PR despite what happened yesterday.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
        but if I don't know about an infraction I can't do anything about it.
        This is the heart of it IMO. People shouldn't bitch about rules not being enforced if they aren't bringing violations to the attention of an admin. The admins do their part in making themselves available but its up to us the players to do the rest.

And I would point out that rule enforcement shouldn't make any difference whether it is a password night or not. During a password night you should just expect to see less infractions because players should know better.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
          And I would point out that rule enforcement shouldn't make any difference whether it is a password night or not. During a password night you should just expect to see less infractions because players should know better.
          This is why we don't issue many warnings on PW nights -- only bans. Players who are using the PW are presumed to already be familiar with all of our rules, so there are no excuses for rulebreaking.

And to reiterate what was said above -- yes, please let the admins know, via TS if possible, so that they can do their job.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

If you tk someone and take their requested kit the game will kill you straight away. Im not sure if that extends to pickup kits or not

I thought it was one of the best password nights Ive played so far.
            My only complaint was insurgent civilains deliberately getting themselves knived, repeatedly.
            Not especially funny because it makes the rest of the teams actions a waste of time

If someone tks you on purpose just type it out once and play on. If they do it again to someone else, it'll become obvious who is causing trouble.
            Even if an admin isnt present, someone with 3 consecutive punishes gets kicked I think

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

This is basically what i wanted to bring up. I noticed a lot of complaining, but not a lot of reporting. Many non-TG players feel as though it is TG's responsibility to report infractions. But this is not the case, as i attempted to state during these rounds, that it is everyone's responsibility to report infractions, not just those in TG or TG Admins.

The in-game TS messages (or xfire) would implicitly tell players that they too can report people, and then give them the means to report them themselves.

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger
              Even if an admin isnt present, someone with 3 consecutive punishes gets kicked I think
              To be honest, i almost never punish TK's because 99.9% of the time, it is an accident. If I see someone deliberately TK me (as in they start firing, i run away/hide, and they come after me), then i'll be more likely to punish, but still would consider letting it slid.
              umm... hello?

Comment

Only time I or (shall I speak for BaH) my BaH Brother'en punish if it has been the same guy consecutively tking us with his head up his own.....well, you know. Accidents happen. It's happened to all of us. Now I know that anyone is welcome to contact an admin and report. I haven't experienced being killed for my kit, but I do know how to handle that event when necessary.
                {-BaH-} RedSeal

Comment

There is another way to help out guys:
                  Retroactive Reporting!
                  Heres how this process works:
                  1. See an infraction.
                  2. In chat, type: "REPORTING: <Playername> - <Offense>
                  3. If you can take screenshots, do so.
                  4. Record the approximate time, map, team and player name for later.
                  5. Later on (if you cant find an admin on TS or whatnot) send a PM to an admin with the details you collected and any screenshots you have on the incident. The admin can then pull up the BFR file and have a look and take appropriate action.

Remember guys, just cause the admins didnt see it doesnt mean that it didnt happen. Everyone is responsible for their actions ALL the time. Think of it like the movie Deja Vu: the admins have the ability to see back in time and make people pay for their transgressions, but they have to know where to look and what to look for. So if you see problems, report them. Easy as pie.

Comment

well stated ferris. I am so glad someone brought this up because it has been an ongoing problem since september. It seems that not only is the gameplay deteriorating, but so is the teamwork. Aswell, there has been so much rule breaking and infractions that i cant believe it sometime. I have seen more rule breaking these last few months then i have seen in my whole entire TG/PR playing time. Thank you to all of those who still follow the rules and keep the game fun..... To those of who do dont, thanks alot. ;)
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                      To those of who do dont, thanks alot. ;)
                      I just kill (enemy) rule-breakers ;) Just keep killin' them over and over till they are fed up and leave :D
                      umm... hello?

Comment

lol. owned
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X