Bug, lag or me being stupid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug, lag or me being stupid?

Every once in a while when I try planting the C4 it explodes in my hands!, never used to have this problem with standard BF2 but in PR this keeps happening to me more and more.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Bug, lag or me being stupid?

Bug.

was terribly rampant in .607RC1 beta, then went away...

Now its back. No idea why.
    Skud

Comment

Oooh, nasty. That sort of thing can really ruin your day...
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yeah...happening to me a lot, too...
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I had the same problem....the solution is this.....you are used to playin vanilla and having 5 C4 packs. In PR you only get one so when you lay it on your target you habitually switch to your detonator with a right click....in doing so you blow yourself up.

Lay C4 on your target and dont click again until you are ready to detonate. After you place your C4 you will auto switch to your detonator.

Unless you are an insurgent....I think their ambushers get 2 C4 packs.

|
          |

Comment

I had this with grenades, I went to throw a smoke and it disappeared. 5 seconds later while I'm holding a grenade the smoke finally gets thrown, could make for nasty tks

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by =420th=Bootytrap View Post
              I had the same problem....the solution is this.....you are used to playin vanilla and having 5 C4 packs. In PR you only get one so when you lay it on your target you habitually switch to your detonator with a right click....in doing so you blow yourself up.

Lay C4 on your target and dont click again until you are ready to detonate. After you place your C4 you will auto switch to your detonator.

Unless you are an insurgent....I think their ambushers get 2 C4 packs.
              It's not that. I haven't played Vanilla (maybe once) in over six months maybe...all PR. But often I lay a C4 pack (just one click, mind you) and it immediately blows up on me.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                Oooh, nasty. That sort of thing can really ruin your day...
                ... And your team's. Hehe, did that once on an important APC spawn while trying to pull my wrench out. Eeek.

Comment

Its actually an issue with either the mouse (being too sensitive) or the game (reconginzing 1 click as 2 due to a delay and overclicking, possibly related to the first issue).

Ive noticed this happen in vanilla, where there is a delay in laying the c4 and as a result I clicked again to try and get it out, only to be blown up as both clicks caught up. However Ive never had it happen to me in PR.
                  Focused

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X