Point of reserved spots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of reserved spots?

Well, in theory i see how it would make sense, but it just doesn't work. All the reserved spots do is make it so only 31 players can be on each team. Why not take off the reserved spots??? Supporting members just kick people already in the game anyway, they don't take up the reserved spots so, what's the point?

Re: Point of reserved spots?

In order for the system to be able to work, a spot has to already be open on the server. So Supporting Member joins then a non-supporting member gets removed allowing future supporting members to join.

Lucky Shot

Comment

As an SM I want to load up and play. That's what the current system allows.
      If the server is full - I can't load up. Even if I am god.
      The current system removes two player spots, true, but it gives the SM advantage.

Comment

if there were no reserved slot the server would show full and not allow anyone to join. empty slot = open slot which tells the server that there is room for the SM to enter :)

Comment

Eh, i guess that's what i'm trying to say. The system is flawed but OK thanks for the answer.

Comment

How is it flawed? I don't understand.
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Well, you can take advantage of that flaw by becoming a supporting member. I have found it to be well worth it.

Click here to check it out!

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
                Well, you can take advantage of that flaw by becoming a supporting member. I have found it to be well worth it.

Click here to check it out!

Lucky Shot
                The only reason I became a supporting member was to gain access to the 'reserved' spots. If you can afford $8.95/month do it! It's a lot less than a WoW subscription - not that anyone here would confess to playing WoW.

Comment

Sure they would. Feast your eyes upon this.

Comment

Thanks Ferris. :row1_20: Little help, who has some eye wash? Anyone?

Lucky Shot

Comment

It's not really a Flaw with the System. If its flaw in anything it is a flaw in the Battlefield 2 Programing. When I was a member of a DoD community we had reserved slots built into the system. The server would be 24/24 and if someone connected It basically put the person trying to join in a Query zone, did a check, if passed kicked someone and put the person in the server. If Failed Removed from Query zone and did nothing. This is exactly what the (2) is for on the TG server 62/64(2). It is just a query zone.

Ignore if I used the words incorretly. Cause Im sure I probably did. But hopefully you get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheskilledoneOSOK - YouTube Videos.
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=454724633178684067 - Old vBF2 Sniper Video (all clips are from when Scope was full screen)

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                        Eh, i guess that's what i'm trying to say. The system is flawed but OK thanks for the answer.
                        A benefit of 31 per team is that it is a commander and 5 full squads of 6 on each team, no one man squad leftovers.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Owned, snooggums wins the internet.
                          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                            A benefit of 31 per team is that it is a commander and 5 full squads of 6 on each team, no one man squad leftovers.
                            that's what im getting at, the flaw is that in a 64 player sever you don't have 64 players. And remember we're talking about the TG server here, full of rampant locked squads (which i have nothing against) that upsets that perfect 5 squads 1 commander balance.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                              that's what im getting at, the flaw is that in a 64 player sever you don't have 64 players. And remember we're talking about the TG server here, full of rampant locked squads (which i have nothing against) that upsets that perfect 5 squads 1 commander balance.
                              Where are these rampant locked squads? I rarely see locked squads except at the beginning when people are making sure the first 4 people are friends and then opening for a couple randoms, or they lock when someone gets dropped so that they can get back into the squad, including those randoms.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X