Allied Intent Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allied Intent Night

All BF2 Supporting members are invited to join the 5th Joint Task Force for an Allied Intent Night! This is open to all supporting members as we run through a newly released mod for some fun. If you have ever wanted to see how Throwing Knives, Timed Dynamite, and Chemical Weapons work in game, this is your chance! Also included are many reworked BF2 Core maps as well as some ported maps from 1942 including Wake, Midway, Kursk and Island of the Phillipines. Everything in the mod is overdone including support guys running around with portable mini-guns to snipers with claymores with laser triggers.

For When, How, Where see http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post824556

Here is what other TG'ers had to say about this event:

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire
    The FUNNEST mod I've played. Period.
    Originally posted by E0
    ...I think this mod has potential...
    Originally posted by Dirtboy
    It is rather "cartoonish", but it is still pretty fun. It is a welcomed break from PR ;)
    So click that link, download the mod and if your available on the 31st, join us for Allied Intent Night!

Lucky Shot
    Last edited by Lucky Shot; 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM.

Re: Allied Intent Night

I played this mod a couple of times and I have to say this is the most whored out mod for bf2. anyone can be a whore in this mod no matter your skill level. Everything is just drawn out to the extreme. My favorite is the stealth bomber, dropping that huge laser guided bomb is pretty awsome. i got like 15 kills with one huge bomb.

Comment

Wow, the pic looks a lot like TF2... I saw a video of the A10 with megabombs and about 200 of them on youtube, was wondering where it was from.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Whenever the grind from PR gets you down, hop into a singleplayer game and just beat the living bajesus out of some bots for half an hour and you feel like superman afterwards. It's really a great mod. (The Falkland islands map kicks ass!)

I was planning on suggesting something like this for a while since I love AIX, but to be honest, I'm really POed this is only for supporting members. If you don't mind me suggesting, maybe switching the PoE server over to AIX for a couple hours during a weekend might be something to look into.

In case you didn't follow the link, everyone needs to see this video. Freakin amazing.
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjLlXX7Fwk

This one is pretty cool too.
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kgzb68DIyNA

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

This isn't a TG Admin directed activity, although it's done with their approval. This is done with the time and generosity of the 5th Joint Task Force who signed out the private server and who will be actively running this activity. So if this sounds like fun then join in. If it's successful, I can anticipate us doing this again with other mods in the near future.

Lucky Shot
          Last edited by Lucky Shot; 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Can I change what you quoted of me in your first post Lucky? after spending a whole day playing this mod, I'd rather it read :

"The funnest mod I've played. Period." :row__577:

If your looking for lots of new and amazingly powerful weapons, vehicles, and aircraft, then this mod is for you. Not for the feint of heart :icon_lol:
            Focused

Comment

Server is up, get in whenever you want. Event starts at 8pm.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I just downloaded and installed this game today so I wasnt there for the AI night.

I played for about an hour, and I can see it being fun on occaison. I dont really see any difference between it and BF2 vanilla, other than some of the player skins and weapons, and a few other things.

It seems to me that BF2 and any of these other similar mods would be so much better if, at the very least, they got rid of the UAV and scan, and they required flags to be captured in order (I guess that's AAS2). Otherwise, it's just mindless running around and doing whatever one wants.

Also, no one used a mic, and none of the squads I joined even attempted to work as a team.

But I had a fun time flying around the warthog, which is armed with 4 types of explosives and a massive machine gun, and causing havoc on the multiplayer server.

Now im installing the CRYSIS demo which I expect to be good, aside from the fact that I will have all the graphics settings on negative values
                sigpic

Comment

AIX Isn't PR. You have to learn that everything isn't PR. Mods aren't all the same and are mean't for a different group of people. It's basically like an advanced arcade game and in my opinion is 500 times better than vBF2.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                    AIX Isn't PR. You have to learn that everything isn't PR. Mods aren't all the same and are mean't for a different group of people. It's basically like an advanced arcade game and in my opinion is 500 times better than vBF2.
                    whoa a little touchy there bub

i was just giving my opinion, and the way you're talking sounds like you want to drag me into the road...
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think Kitty Kat hit the nail on the head. PR and it's gameplay is meant to attract a certain type of player. AIX is meant to attract a totally different one. AIX is more arcadey then BF2 and everything is overdone. More weapons, more flags, more variety of aircraft. It's not designed to appeal towards everyone, but neither is PR and the dev's flat out admit it.

We kicked on AIX for something different, nothing more and it definitely delivered that it was different then POE and PR. AIX accomplished what they set out to do and did it well.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                        whoa a little touchy there bub

i was just giving my opinion, and the way you're talking sounds like you want to drag me into the road...
                        :\ Sorry it sounded like that, sometimes I talk that way and don't realize how it sounds like. Didn't mean it that way...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X