A personal achievement.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A personal achievement.....

Last night, on Kashan....the US choppers were wreaking havoc.....destroying armor at will.....and I was in a tank and the chopper set his sights on me....made three passes at me and on the 4th pass....I blasted the chopper with the tanks main gun.........5 minutes later I took out the other apache the same way.....I was so damn proud of myself I couldn't friggin believe it. Just thought I'd share......we got owned but I had a smile on my face the whole time.

|
    |

Re: A personal achievement.....

that's awesome......i have not witnessed anything like that yet...i've done it before on vanilla, but taking out a chopper with the tanks main gun on PR, now i wish I had an SS of that.

Comment

I've done that in 2142 to cocky gunship pilots with my anti-vehicle rifle...
      But on his 4th pass! Did he not have a gunner or something?
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Its no harder to do than it is to take out helos in PoE2...go watch mantis's vids, he makes it look easy. By the way, I was in one of those helos Booty, and I had already fired a TV missile at you, was about 0.05 secs away from wiping you off the map when the screen swapped from the gun cam to "You have been killed". GJ man. It was a nice shot.

Comment

Booty I totally know what you mean mate. I am hopeless in armour and avoid wasting precious assets by putting myself in a tank. However on the fateful day I was gunning with Boston Bob driving. Now I had already got my list of excuses ready for Bob when the US Apache rose up menacingly from behind the hill/mountain range like a flashback to Airwolf. In a rare moment of Armour bound clarity, that I am yet to repeat, I steadied my aim on the main gun and let fly with one perfectly aimed shot and it was good night Jan Michael Vincent.

I must apologise to Bob at this point for being overly excited for the rest of the game, whilst I remember little after the incident we no doubt died shortly after due to my return to the depths of ineptitude. Rommel I aint!

Comment

Ferris- yeah I know about that missle because it took a nose dive and landed 50 yards infront of me.....I am confident at that critical moment I was dead if I missed. ...

It was fun man....and 80% luck on my part......I will admit that.

|
            |

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
              Booty I totally know what you mean mate. I am hopeless in armour and avoid wasting precious assets by putting myself in a tank. However on the fateful day I was gunning with Boston Bob driving. Now I had already got my list of excuses ready for Bob when the US Apache rose up menacingly from behind the hill/mountain range like a flashback to Airwolf. In a rare moment of Armour bound clarity, that I am yet to repeat, I steadied my aim on the main gun and let fly with one perfectly aimed shot and it was good night Jan Michael Vincent.
              Ah, yeah, BostonBob's a great squaddie.
              I prefer using the coax mg on helis though, unless it's moving directly towards/away.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I've got 4 X's on my tank in the TG server all on Kashan. Years of 56k "lag-shooting" in various games has given me the ability to lead like a madman, choppers beware: I know where you're going before you even do ;)

Comment

Originally posted by =420th=Bootytrap View Post
                  Ferris- yeah I know about that missle because it took a nose dive and landed 50 yards infront of me.....I am confident at that critical moment I was dead if I missed. ...

It was fun man....and 80% luck on my part......I will admit that.
                  DarkestSpade, who was my pilot laughed at me after that cause I was so sure I was going to kill you that when we blew up i did the Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Comment

ok, someone post the video BR of this please!
                    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I had a gunner do it once. We were in cover behind a wall and both choppers came in straight from their base right to us. The first one hit the wall with his missile as he died. The second one killed us, as he died from the tank-shell :). I couldn't help smack-talking a little in the chat at that point!

It says a lot about the gameplay on Kashan though that tanks are taking out more choppers then AA. Will they ever fix it on PR I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post

It says a lot about the gameplay on Kashan though that tanks are taking out more choppers then AA. Will they ever fix it on PR I wonder.
                        Yeah, I remember playing on Kashan with BigGaayAl a few weeks back and it seemed like we could never get the AA to actually hit the helicopters. :( The missiles always went off course and the helos seemed to have limitless flare capability. Maybe we should have jumped in a tank! lol

Btw, I was CO'ing the US team during the episode mentioned above. That ChupaCabra guy was pretty good, but I would have taken DarkestSpade over him any day! <wink>

Comment

This whole topic reminds me of the joy of using the bazooka on japanese pilots in BF1942 as they strafed the american carrier. Now THAT made me feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                            I had a gunner do it once. We were in cover behind a wall and both choppers came in straight from their base right to us. The first one hit the wall with his missile as he died. The second one killed us, as he died from the tank-shell :). I couldn't help smack-talking a little in the chat at that point!

One of those chopper was me wasn't it? I blame it on Betterthanred my gunner who didn't take the shot when we were 1km away :D
                            As for the tank being used as a AA gun, I find it rather unrealistic.. I don't think a gunship has ever been reported shot down by a tank irl but I can't really blame the PR tanker who is just fighting for is life..

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Originally posted by eol View Post
                              As for the tank being used as a AA gun, I find it rather unrealistic.. I don't think a gunship has ever been reported shot down by a tank irl but i don't blame the PR tanker who's just fighting for is life..
                              At the same time, when last did a modern MBT go up against any kind of air resistance lol Go air superiority! If the chopper is moving slow and flying low... it might aswell be a ground target, afterall in Iraq Apache Longbows were brought down by small arms...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X