so long.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so long.

i'll get right to the point. for the xx times in the past 2 months i've played on the server, it has been the same thing every time: stacked teams. playing on the losing team again, i am just about done for tg. i loved this server and have played on it since mid .5, but i cannot stand it anymore. all the tg guys + most of the veterans on one team, winning every single round we played for 6 maps, before getting kicked for being shot out of the rebel truck on mestia because there's a squad camping the main road out of the main base when the main base is 4 flags from being cappable. the server is great except that all the great veterans are always on one team while the other team runs around like it's vanilla, with 6 of the 7-8 veterans locked in a squad and the other 2 or 3 split trying to pull the team together. i am leaving for alaska in a week for about a year, and will likely not be playing bf2 for a while, if ever. in any case, i am saying so long and it was great while the server was on top. more of a rant since i seem to be the only guy that realizes this every time i play on the server, probably because i am literally always on the team that is getting their asses kicked, but that's the way i prefer it anyways as i feel i can at least do my part to prolong the loss.

Re: so long.

Some here will disagree with you. There just are some nights when the games seem lopsided. Nobody here wants stacked teams -- not TGers, the In House Squads, nor the general public.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Going to Alaska for a year, heck, I am jealous of you!

Regardless, this post should be a reminder for everyone that the best games are often the closest of games. No one enjoys being stomped and we control the fun for everyone on the server. It's important that we do find ways to keep the games competitive for all involved.

Lucky Shot

Comment

If this is referring to last night, IIRC, the teams were not horribly stacked and iios asked if he could lock his one man squad, which was the only thing I saw from him the whole game. Remember that if you think theres a problem with the teams, you have to let someone know, we're not mindreaders.

Comment

not to make excuses, but i probably seem like a whiner because i've been under a bit of strain over the last few months, and i play bf2 to try to wind down a little. i asked to lock my squad out of sarcasm of the whole situation. i suppose that because of the last 3 squads i had been in and mentioning the problem, most of the guys i were with that actually had voice and understood the objectives were quitting after each game or joining the 1 squad that had all veterans in it that i felt was actually a squad with communication and 6 functioning members. and it was locked. i know nobody wants the teams stacked, as, at least for me, it's much funner when the game is challenging. i try not to speak up as much on the server anymore, as it usually brought me more trouble from random people (hardly ever bearing a TG tag), and i am confrontational.
          anyhow, picturing myself in the bering sea will probably yield me a more enjoyable experience :)

Comment

Don't leave TG. Keep at it, stay with us and someday soon you'll be one of the TG vets that others look up to. It happens all the time.

Find me in game or join my squad when I'm leading. Look for Grunt Sqd or 1st MIP Sqd. If you invite me in I'll help you whip the newer guys into a cohesive squad. I welcome anyone in my squad if theres a spot. Occasionally the 1st will squad up as a full unit but other than that we welcome all who want to follow orders.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I would recommed that you keep active and keep posting! As you get to know everyone, you can easily find non-vets or non-clan members that will join you in the fight against being a losing side over and over. I meet the same few folks regularly even though they are not affiliated with me in a clan - I just bump into them and in a few rounds, there is a squad formed up that sticks it out together. The cool thing about the TG server is that if you keep playing it, you meet folks that do the same, just takes time.
              sigpic

Comment

we had some good rounds with a llos tonite i dunno if it was you though...

i was initially tank squad, but kept getting CTD so when i rejoined i was with falcons and all teh tanks got killed by helicopeters... so for the rest of the round we were hunting the apaches with some good success... managed to steal both enemy HAT kits and used them to great effect :)

llos drove for us for a short time in APC before making teh fateful move of advancing before the infantry had a look at the area ;)

Comment

I played yesterday in a squad with Dirt. We where a couple TG's in the squad and on the team. All members of Dirts squad had places from 1-6 on the scoreboard, yet we lost the map...so stacked doesent always tell the whole story

Comment

I always enjoy being on the underdog team anyway.

If you win you rejoice in the fact that you embarrassed the team of l33t players.

If you lose , well ..you have an excuse..teams were stacked eh ..

it's a "win win" situation. :D
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      we had some good rounds with a llos tonite i dunno if it was you though...

i was initially tank squad, but kept getting CTD so when i rejoined i was with falcons and all teh tanks got killed by helicopeters... so for the rest of the round we were hunting the apaches with some good success... managed to steal both enemy HAT kits and used them to great effect :)

llos drove for us for a short time in APC before making teh fateful move of advancing before the infantry had a look at the area ;)
                      ehehe. to my own defense, i thought i had cover :icon_eek:
                      today's my last day for bf2 for a while... i guess you all will find out how the internet is in alaska if i show up on the server again hehe. it's been great, and if the server is still around in a year or so, you can bet the farm i'll be on it! thanks for an awesome server even though i got frustrated like a little girl from time to time

Comment

The game is stupidly frustrating often so your not alone there. Have fun in alaska, take some photos to post up :)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Trust me...if I can play in Korea, you can play in Alaska:)
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

on some free time, just checkin in to say i'm having a great time :)
                            alaska kicks ass. anywho, i'll be kickin your asses again next saturday on my leave. can't really play in alaska right now, as 30 cu ft doesn't allow my rig any room on the cutter. anywho, see y'all soon

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                              Some here will disagree with you. There just are some nights when the games seem lopsided. Nobody here wants stacked teams -- not TGers, the In House Squads, nor the general public.
                              I'd have to disagree with you there tempus. May just be my opinion - if that means anything - but a lot of players do teamswitch to play with their buddies.

I'd rather make my own squad of rag-tag outcasts and put the glory hunters to the post, but that's just me. :)
                              Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X