No announcement yet.

Have loads of trouble on TG's server..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have loads of trouble on TG's server..

OK so I loaded PRM a few months ago , logged onto the TG server , had some great games and thought "WOW..this is the place to play" so became a supporting member , not so much for the reserved slot but simply because I know the cost of maintaining a server and wanted to chip in.

All hell breaks lose then what with a client selling his operation , another going 24/7 to catch up and then a whole passel of personal family medical emergencies (thankfully a happy outcome).

Basically I've been just too damn occupied with RL situations to play much but when I can play , I don't seem to be able to play on the TG server now.

Usually it's full (or close to being full) and my internet connection isn't the greatest. Because of my location , I can only get wireless and the signal seems to fade every once in a while. This causes ping spikes up in the 700's for a short period of time which sometimes results in me being kicked form the server because of my high ping. Frustrating to say the least.

Throw in 60+ players and quit often I get so much lag I can't move , even though my ping seems to still be in the <180 range.

In desperation I looked for and found another server that pings less than 1/2 of TG's (not really once I get into game) and though quit populated , never seems to have the number of players that TG carries and subsequently not anywhere near the lag.

In short .. that would be why you very seldom see me on the TG server though , in watching the server , it looks like the PW nights would be the time to play as it seldom maxes out then so think I'll give that a go.

So that's my story..if anyones interested. :row__265:
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Have loads of trouble on TG's server..

It's unfortunate, but thank you for the supporting membership regardless!
    Skud

Comment

ya man, that really sucks about ur ping but like skud said, we appreciate the membership eventhough u cant really play here.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

lagged a lot tonight

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post

Throw in 60+ players and quit often I get so much lag I can't move , even though my ping seems to still be in the <180 range.
          What's your download speed ?

Because of my location , I can only get wireless
          Can't get cable ? Who is your ISP ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
            What's your download speed ?

According to Speedtest.net right now (7:21 AM MST) my speeds are : 1193 kbps down and 711 kbps up

The best down load rate I've ever achieved was 4,467 (July 30/07). The worst was 81 kbps (May 9/07)

The best up load load rate I've ever achieved was 3,188 (April 12/07). The worst was 17 kbps (April 30/07)

Pretty wild eh?? :D

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
            Can't get cable ? Who is your ISP ? DB
            Bell Canada is ISP.

No cable or ADSL. Just damn lucky to get wireless. Live about 20 miles outside the city and out acreage is heavily treed. Only managed to get wireless because there's an old firebreak that goes down into the river valley and coincidently the ISP has a tower right across from the fire break and thats the signal we get.

Performed a few trace routes to the server and it seems all ok until my hops get into Virginia then I almost consistently get timed out responses.

But want to try PW nights as server isn't always packed. It wasn't the few times I tried before either....40 or so players on board.. and didn't have any problems other than the occasional ping spike.
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Your uplink is more than enough, I only have 256kbps and I have cable... Your downlink pretty much s*cks but I think the main problem is that you 're working wirelessly. I have tried gaming over WIFI with my Belkin router only 2m away from my pc and had lag on a regular base (every one minute or so), which made it impossible for me to fly anything without crashing. It might have been an issue with my router, but I have no problems with my wireless network besides gaming.
              Last edited by Ghost Dog; 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM.
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

No cable or ADSL. Just damn lucky to get wireless.
                Keep checking this web site. Who knows :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                  Your uplink is more than enough, I only have 256kbps and I have cable... Your downlink pretty much s*cks but I think the main problem is that you 're working wirelessly. I have tried gaming over WIFI with my Belkin router only 2m away from my pc and had lag on a regular base (every one minute or so), which made it impossible for me to fly anything without crashing. It might have been an issue with my router, but I have no problems with my wireless network besides gaming.
                  I had this issue when I first switched to wireless and it was the windows wireless zero service causing it. Once disabled in the control panel it stops looking for alternate connections and things stabilize :).

Comment

Originally posted by [HI]McLean View Post
                    I had this issue when I first switched to wireless and it was the windows wireless zero service causing it. Once disabled in the control panel it stops looking for alternate connections and things stabilize :).
                    That wouldn't apply to me though as my wireless network is the only one I see. There are no others in range.
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

That wouldn't apply to me though as my wireless network is the only one I see. There are no others in range.
                      It doesn't matter if there aren't any others in range, the service scans automatically every x minutes, unless you disable it. I think McLean is right, at least in my case, as the lag I was suffering from took place every one minute.

I 'd still give it a shot... :).
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                        It doesn't matter if there aren't any others in range, the service scans automatically every x minutes, unless you disable it. I think McLean is right, at least in my case, as the lag I was suffering from took place every one minute.

I 'd still give it a shot... :).
                        OK - worth a shot..nothing to lose..thanks
                        [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

That actually sounds like the problems I had with my wireless. Every few minutes it would slow down and drop, until I swapped out and opened another network app (like Firefox) or had to force it to reconnect to my router. My solution was to chain 20 feet of ethernet together and run it around the side of the living room.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X