COD4 & Crysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 & Crysis

Any of you PRM regulars going to be playing COD4 for pc this week or Crysis?

I don't like playing with strangers (or noobs).

xfire: BUS
    MSN: [email protected]
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: COD4 & Crysis

Im playing cod4 right now.. but on my 360 sorry :(

Comment

Re: COD4 & Crysis

Hopefully getting CoD 4 this weekend. Doubt I'll get crysis, my computer is too much of an old geezer to play that :'( BF2 max settings just isn't enough anymore :(

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: COD4 &amp; Crysis

Crysis doesn't come out on PC until Nov 16, right?

And I've never played Call of Duty 1, 2, or 3. Is it just "run and gun" (like vanilla BF2) or does it have real squad play?

The graphics on both look awesome, that's for sure!

Comment

I want to play both, but I don't think my laptop will run em. My laptop crashes when it tries to run the crysis demo. (Core duo 1.66 ghz, 2 gb RAM, ati x1400) It looks like both games want at least 2 ghz core duo :(

Comment

AFsoccer: its alot like red orchestra - the potential is there but there is no proper teamwork supporting system (in cod1&2) i imagine 4 will be simular based off the sp demo.

Comment

Not CoD4, but I might pick up crysis when the obsideon edge 2 mod comes out...
              Skud

Comment

I'm hoping to get both, but probably Crysis first.

I think the release dates are
                Crysis: Nov 16th
                CoD4: Today (?) in USA, Nov 9th in Europe.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

COD feels a lot like the original MOH: Allied Assault in terms of feel and control, just looks more updated and prettier.

I'd imagine some sort of objective-based multiplayer mode, but probably won't be close to the sort of team work we see in PR. Think CS:S.

On that note, I probably won't be spending money on a game I probably won't play much.

Comment

I played the MP COD4 beta on xbox 360 a ton. It seems primarily a run and gun with some optional objective gameplays, kind of like BF2. But the graphics rule and it's definitely well made.

The PC crysis demo, on the other hand, is imho, one of the worst FPS's ive played in years. The graphics sucked becuase of my computer so I gave it major concessions for that. But the gameplay is atrocious, at least so far as the AI and gun accuracy goes. A game shouldnt have to look pretty in order to be good. It's too bad, i thought it would be fantastic.

I think it's a little late in the programming game to make AI so dumb that it can "forget" you're there just because you duck behind a rock.

and without crosshairs (i set it to iron sights only) it was impossible to get a headshot at just about any distance but point blank.

I dont know much about graphics, but it seems to me that such a revolutionarily graphics-amazing game should look better than games made 3 years ago, even when on medium settings. It doesnt.

-j
                    sigpic

Comment

I just got COD4 and getting Crysis next week. Both should be great games if the Demos tell the story. I think Crysis MP might have a longer appeal with the Mods that are coming out and bigger maps and the new power struggle mode. I agree the AI could be improved but had no issue with weapons or graphics. It was just awesome to play in their new crytek engine and that was with my 1900XTX and C2D. Now I got my 8800GT ready to play most on high, its going to be awesome gaming the coming months.
                      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

If you don't like playing with noobs, how do you play with yourself? Surely that's a Catch-22?
                        playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                        I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I killed a North Korean soldier with a chicken in the Crysis Single Player Demo...
                          He was sitting on the john, and I hit him with poultry with my suit in super-strength mode.
                          I think it's a world first.
                          Wait, there's that scene in Hot Shots!: Part Deux.
                          Damn.

Comment

I am on a mod team turning Crysis into a present day tac shooter.
                            Check us out at http://www.obsidianedge.net/

I love PR, but can't wait to combine the visuals of Crysis to realism like PR.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                              I am on a mod team turning Crysis into a present day tac shooter.
                              Check us out at http://www.obsidianedge.net/

I love PR, but can't wait to combine the visuals of Crysis to realism like PR.
                              Do you guys need any help with this mod? I can't wait to get a hold of the sandbox tool...
                              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X