One man sniper squads/locked squads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One man sniper squads/locked squads

Over the past few weeks I have noticed the number of 1-3 man locked squads on non armor maps (i understand having a locked squad on armor maps).

Especially sniper squads, when you know a guy joins your squad just to get the sniper or marksman kit then leaves and makes his own...that crap really pisses me off....because then you ask him to join back, or someone else asks to join, and they won't unlock it, because they are special and like to be the "sniper guy".

I understand where it is useful...but 1 man locked squads really has no purpose when the person is just a sniper. I understand how it is useful if one is a pilot, but other than that, it really isn't a good sign of teamplay.

Also what is the deal with some 3 person locked squads (those that are not labeled command support or are nor 3 man tank squads) on qwai river or some of the other chinese maps.....do people still not know that you need 4 people to have a rally point?

Just venting please let me know if a 1 man locked sniper squad is really a useful thing.

Re: One man sniper squads/locked squads

1-man squads are NOT allowed on our server. What makes it worse is when that person joins another squad just to get a kit and then leaves and makes their own. If you see anyone doing this, contact an admin and we will deal with it.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I never do this.

I run 2 man sniper squads from the start of the round. I don't squad hop.

It's rude and I discourage anyone from joining a squad just for a sniper/HAT etc...

First, if a sniper dies, he needs at least 1 other guy to request his sniper kit again. Secondly, TG tries to provide a near simulation enviroment. Thus, try to operate Specialty squads realistically. 1 Spotter, 1 Sniper, and maybe another guy for security.
      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
        I never do this.

I run 2 man sniper squads from the start of the round. I don't squad hop.

It's rude and I discourage anyone from joining a squad just for a sniper/HAT etc...

First, if a sniper dies, he needs at least 1 other guy to request his sniper kit again. Secondly, TG tries to provide a near simulation enviroment. Thus, try to operate Specialty squads realistically. 1 Spotter, 1 Sniper, and maybe another guy for security.
        I do understand, one spotter one sniper...and sniper teams can work well together...i just get irked by those one or two guys who join a squad, get the sniper kit (thought i don't think its the best kit out of the assortment) and then leave and make their own locked squads....i have also seen guys do this for pilot kits and if i get any SS and can remember the names i will report them.

It's rude, immature, and not very tactical in relation to the game that is being played....because what is a one man sniper going to do take out a whole army? especially when they don't spot, for other squads...

Comment

Joining for a pilot kit is absurd, as it only takes yourself in a squad to get one...
          Skud

Comment

we made a restriction to help this in v0.6 I think its helped cut down on the squad hopping...

after you join a squad you cannot request a kit for 2 minutes. this does NOT apply at round start though...

IMO snipers are most effective in a 2 man squad, but i have very rarely see an effective sniper team (ive only witnessed it once in v0.6 and a couple times in v0.5). Most people just use it as an upgraded gun, they might kill a few but then they just get sniped themselves cause they are too greedy and dont realize that their weapon is making a huge muzzle report.

Comment

Well, we can all attempt to play as realistically as possible, but not a lot of people would like to be spotter (read: sniper's b*tch) for a period of time longer than 3 minutes. IMO, as radical as it might seem, I think that sniper kits should only be requestable from the main. Reason for this is that I think we would want to have people think and take up a sniper rifle ahead of time instead of going "hey, look at that pretty infantry running 300m away, I'll just run over to my handy-dandy rally point, apc, supply crate, firebase, Fedex delivery truck, and pick up my super duper sniper rifle and send them a telegram. If sniper kits were requestable from main only, perhaps there would be a greater chance that we would have these 2-3 man sniper squads.

Comment

i agree with that feisty

Comment

It would also make sense from a practical standpoint, as I doubt they store precision sniper rifles in the back of an APC bouncing its way across the battlefield. Instead, having it only from the main simulates getting it from the armory, just like revives are in the game to simulate dragging your buddy to safety to administer first-aid. It's just too bad there aren't workarounds for everything, like Rappeling.:row__593:
                  playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                  I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Originally posted by FeistySheep. View Post
                    not a lot of people would like to be spotter (read: sniper's b*tch) for a period of time longer than 3 minutes.
                    Being spotter is a lot of fun if you're with someone that you have played with before and know they are a good player.
                    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Yes i agree with headshot. I know that sometimes i join with Skud in his squads on Mestia. He will grab the 50 and i will take the nagant and i will move in about 200 meters from west/east and he will sit back. Ill call targets and he will take them out. And if he cant make the shot ill take it. it is quite effective if you know what your doing. I have lots of fun doing that.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Out of interest, gijoe, I'm assuming that you and Skud make a two-man squad. How long do you guys stay alive. I've notcied a bit that people will just pick up a sniper from their rally and snipe the enemy sniper (hence another reason why sniper kits should be limited to main).

Comment

Originally posted by FeistySheep. View Post
                          Out of interest, gijoe, I'm assuming that you and Skud make a two-man squad. How long do you guys stay alive. I've notcied a bit that people will just pick up a sniper from their rally and snipe the enemy sniper (hence another reason why sniper kits should be limited to main).
                          Yes, 2 man sniper squads, always. I might add a 3rd if the situation calls for it.

I can stay alive on a couple of maps for the whole duration. Other maps arent really that good for sniping. (Its different for everyone I guess) Someday I might write a guide up...

If you ever want to learn more, certainly start with field manuals. They're easy enough to find online... (Army Sniper Field Manual, to be more specific...)

By the way, +rep for the guy who suggested the main idea. I would LOVE to see this implemented, REALLY! If you wanna snipe, make it a commitment for the team.
                          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                            Yes i agree with headshot. I know that sometimes i join with Skud in his squads on Mestia. He will grab the 50 and i will take the nagant and i will move in about 200 meters from west/east and he will sit back. Ill call targets and he will take them out. And if he cant make the shot ill take it. it is quite effective if you know what your doing. I have lots of fun doing that.
                            We did a 2 man sniper squad in the last scrim, the sl was a sniper and I went way ahead with a marksman gun.
                            As the enemy squad tried to rush me he would take their heads off, I was the live bait and it worked quite well.

I'd definetly advocate any squad that can seperate but still work together around a common objective.
                            You will draw fire seperately, no enemy can look in two directions at once which puts you in command of the situation, just dont shoot each other.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                              We did a 2 man sniper squad in the last scrim, the sl was a sniper and I went way ahead with a marksman gun.
                              As the enemy squad tried to rush me he would take their heads off, I was the live bait and it worked quite well.
                              Yup! That was you and me... I didn't had so much kill on that round but our strategy was pretty nice... I'm sure they were looking for a sniper way to far (cuz I was firing but was missing most of my shot) but you were like 100-200m in from of me and you was taking them of one by one... and when someone was "flanking" you... boom sniped!
                              Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X