Teamspeak Channel Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Channel Changes

Due to the increasing number of teamspeak users we have decided to overhaul the Project Reality Teamspeak channels. There are now four separate channels, each with different uses:

***Project Reality Admin***
    ***Project Reality Public***
    ***PR Team 1 Coordination***
    ***PR Team 2 Coordination***

Project Reality Admin
    This is the Project Reality admin channel. This channel is used for Reporting problems to the admins. Please keep the talking to an absolute minimum.

Project Reality Public
    This is the Project Reality public channel. This channel is used when you wish to chat between games, or general chat about Project Reality.
    Language enforcements are in place. Act courteously, and no foul language please.

PR Team 1 Coordination
    This is the channel for PR team 1. Use this channel to coordinate between team members. Please keep the chatter to a minimum

Language enforcements are in place. Act courteously, and no foul language please.

PR Team 2 Coordination
    This is the channel for PR team 2. Use this channel to coordinate between team members. Please keep the chatter to a minimum

Remember, although Project Reality Public is the "chit-chat" channel, it would be beneficial if players joined their respected Team channels in-game. Also, we are cracking down on the use of foul language on teamspeak. The use of foul language on teamspeak will NOT be tolerated. Players will be given a warning, and subsequently kicked for this.

Because of the multitude of channels it is a good idea to set up key-bindings for teamspeak to switch channels in game. I, for instance, use F9 for the admin channel, F10 for Public, F11 for Team 1 and F12 for Team 2. These changes should bring some more order to teamspeak, and allow players to communicate with their teammates without becoming distracted by random chatter.
    Last edited by thegreatnardini; 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: Teamspeak Channel Changes

I have not used TS at all, so I guess I am in need of a little education. What is to prevent Team 1's CO from simply listening in on Team 2's plans?

|
    |

Comment

Nothing, only administrative action :p
      Skud

Comment

and the mighty hand of "the indisputable leader of .."

With out exception all persons who reside in the wrong TS channel shall be hassled until either they repent and move on OR create a partition demanding the total banning of "the indisputable leader of .." from the TG TS server forthwith! LOL, i hope to god it is not the 2nd one!

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I dont want to bring up a big discussion but I have witnessed these the few times Ive been lurking in the TG TS and I know alot of other players complain about this too.

A Grounded Pilot brings up a good point - what if someone is observing comms. This is a rare occurence though because most TS users are in TG members so they all mostly know each other.

A much more likely scenario is TG players on TS, on opposite teams, helping each other out. I have personally witnessed an attack helicopter crew asking the opposition "hey, ****** can you tell us where your tanks are at?" and their coordinates were given, giving the helicopter crew a huge advantage. this can be seen as ghosting and is in very poor honor and sportsmanship, it is one step away from cheating in my eyes.

Now as to the frequency this is done I have no idea but just a question for admins, is this allowed and will this be punished if discoverd in the future?

Comment

Yes that may represent a problem, what do you think was happening when people were asking questions for their teammates and both teams were in the same channel? It's all about people being mature and not listening in/ Besides, the channel will mostly be for light communication between players, not battle-plans. That's what the CO's for.

And again Fuzzhead, if you've heard people doing those things on our teamspeak server, let the admins know and we will take care of it. Giving away locations like that is most CERTAINLY against the rules, same as if we had someone typing out the grid location of all our tanks to the other team.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

O and for those who actually use TS for communicating battle information, generally all the players on TS try and get on the same team, so as to improve overall communication for one individual team as much as is possible with the limited number of TS users.
              O, and the large number of people (would say 90% but that truth might be a little too harsh) who use TS are IMAGINATIVELY CHALLENGED, therefore the even finding another group of playing communicating battle info on the opposite team IS LOW (at this time) and then listening in and processing the information into something that can actually be of some use and then finally communicating this to their team, IS IMPOSSIBLE in a public game at the moment!

This problemcannot be a problem at the moment but i hope to god it can be in a few months or weeks when players start using TS for communicating battle information, fingers crossed, we will catch some little snitch!

The communicating between players on opposite teams about info that could allow the killing of players that woudl have been otherwise impossible due to lack of info, is wrong and im saddened to hear it has happened, but not shocked. However there are enough good players on TS to ensure that if this does occur it will be reported and stopped.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Sounds good to me. I'll change my TS keybindings accordingly.

Unless I'm SL'ing, I'll be monitoring the Admin Channel in game.

Comment

Does anyone know why I cant get any keybind to work to switch me to the 6th Devils channel?

Any info would be nice...

Or any channel now, for that matter :(

HALP.
                  Last edited by Skud; 11-07-2007, 07:52 PM.
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    Besides, the channel will mostly be for light communication between players, not battle-plans. That's what the CO's for.
                    I got on TS for the first time tonight... I can't really see this whole thing being a big problem. Seems like everybody just hangs out on the public channel and it doesn't really get used at all during the game. I was envisioning 10 players per side on the TS channels coordinating and plotting, and the enemy trying to listen in. I don't know if maybe it was just tonight, but it doesn't seem like a problem.

~Pilot

EDIT - what's it doing, Skud?

|
                    |

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      Does anyone know why I cant get any keybind to work to switch me to the 6th Devils channel?

Any info would be nice...

Or any channel now, for that matter :(

HALP.
                      You have to switch to the parent channel first and then to the IHS channel for the 6th IIRC.

Like you have to go Lobby>BF2>PRM and can't go straight to PRM.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I load TS into the PRM public channel on connect. From there the keys are set to move up/down channels, but nothing to go to a specific channel yet.

Though, moving channels with Home (console) and End (Squad manager) are a bit inconvenient...
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                          I load TS into the PRM public channel on connect. From there the keys are set to move up/down channels, but nothing to go to a specific channel yet.

Though, moving channels with Home (console) and End (Squad manager) are a bit inconvenient...
                          I had the same problem so I believe I went with Shift-Home and Shift-End respectively.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...