No announcement yet.

Couple of random questions about PR...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of random questions about PR...

1. When I target a tank with HAT, when exactly do I start setting off the dreaded red X? Any time I can see him in my reticle?

2. If I pick up a sniper kit (RARE), do I have to compensate for ballistic trajectory on really long shots like when using the coax mg in tanks?

3. I'm getting comfortable enough with the game and as an occasional SL that I'd like to try my hand at commanding. Is there a map I can d/l that I can use to practice placing CO assets precisely? I understand that it's more about about big picture strategy than pretty razorwire, but I think placing assets well is an important skill to have as a CO. This rings especially true in locations that are easily fortified with a few well placed CO assets (Basrah VCP, Kashan Storage, Mestia East & West). I've tried it a bit on an empty server, but it's tough to learn to place bunkers, AA, etc without an engy and without being able to take more flags. I'd also like to get a little more comfortable with the CO interface before I jump onto a 62/64 TG server and take the reigns, so to speak. Any suggestions?

~Pilot

|
    |

Re: Couple of random questions about PR...

1) as soon as you point it at the tank the redlights go off

2) yes takes practice

3) I believe you can test in local server as there are not as many restrictions. practice makes perfect just start doing it on pubs, trust me you cant be as bad as some of the COs. if you make a mistake no big deal you will eventually learn it, most players appreciate a CO being there regardless if he makes some mistakes. As for the ones that dont appreciate the CO, just tell them to shove it, see if THEY want to step up to the job. MOst of them will fall silent after that.

Glad you consider going CO, PR needs more dedicated CO's, trust me in v0.7 the commander position will be even MORE important than ever before. And I dont mean dropping supplies or vehicles (those are removed), I mean coordinating the team, and we are giving him some more tools in order to do this!

Comment

AGroundedPilot,

The next time I see you in game, I'll see if you want to command and I'll be your engineer / personal adviser. I know it's kind of overwhelming at first, but I remember I had a British guy help me my first time and I really learned a lot from him about placing CO assets, etc. I just wish I could remember who it was so I could give him proper credit. :)

Bottom line, we always welcome new commanders, especially ones that want to do a good job. I will definitely help in any way I can. We can even populate an empty server, take a few flags and place assets... but I bet you'll pick it up quick enough that we can just do it in a real game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
        1) as soon as you point it at the tank the redlights go off
        So as soon as any bit of the vehicle is visible in my sight, it goes off?

...in v0.7 the commander position will be even MORE important than ever before. And I dont mean dropping supplies or vehicles (those are removed), I mean coordinating the team, and we are giving him some more tools in order to do this!
        I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have up your collective sleeves...

And thanks soccer, I may just take you up on that offer.

|
        |

Comment

NO MORE SUPPLIES ?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A note to COing
          Nobody likes a CO that wastes tickets. Also, if you try to place razor wire make sure you aren't trying to place it by an object that can move, e.g. a vodnik. I've done that before and have seen the vodnik fly into the air and then crush me. It's not pleasant.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Carefull you dont drop stuff on peoples hands, it aint pretty :D

Yes the tone is immediate so on really long HAT shots I would line up fire to be beside the tank then steer the rocket into the tank after firing to stop it running away to cover in time.
            The computer aided javelin goes straight up after firing and decends on top of the turret, you might try the same but thats dam hard to do
            Its just the center part of the sights view that sets it off.

So long as you realise your mistakes no one much minds I think. ie. tk a few times and you should go medic till you learn, etc

Does HAT set off a tone in helis like it does with bf2 ?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Soccer can show you the ropes, he's the one guy I like to see in the Commander Position.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                NO MORE SUPPLIES ?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                A note to COing
                Nobody likes a CO that wastes tickets.
                About the no more Supplies. I agree, NOOOOOO!! However, I approach with an open mind and look forward to some changes, though I'm very interested to hear what they are.

Also, I cannot tell you how many times I have been yelled at by SL's who thought I built "1 bunker too many" on Kurfah or EJOD where tickets are so important. I tend to be very conservative now. In my experience, I have seen a number of SL's order me around. I mean, a few suggestions are fine, but, it gets ridiculous sometimes. They even hit a different flag than what I tell them to because in their opinion going to the "Storage Bunker" first is more important than capping the "West Tower" as the British at Mestia, denying us one whole squad, because the SL believed another squad could do it by themselves, even though the other squad repeatedly asked for backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
                  About the no more Supplies. I agree, NOOOOOO!! However, I approach with an open mind and look forward to some changes, though I'm very interested to hear what they are.

Also, I cannot tell you how many times I have been yelled at by SL's who thought I built "1 bunker too many" on Kurfah or EJOD where tickets are so important. I tend to be very conservative now. In my experience, I have seen a number of SL's order me around. I mean, a few suggestions are fine, but, it gets ridiculous sometimes. They even hit a different flag than what I tell them to because in their opinion going to the "Storage Bunker" first is more important than capping the "West Tower" as the British at Mestia, denying us one whole squad, because the SL believed another squad could do it by themselves, even though the other squad repeatedly asked for backup.

Don't forget, bunkers and firebases give you tickets every twenty or so minutes, so after a while they pay for themselves and some. That's why when I'm CO I like to build them away from the action on maps that tend to draw out into stalemates. The extra tickets gained could easily turn the tide of one of those rounds.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
                    I for one greatly appreciate people who step up to do the commander role. :D And if I were you I would be talking to an admin if you have a SL who won't follow orders. This isn't any different from what SL's face with members who won't listen to orders...it's just not as easy to deal with since you can't just kick them from your squad. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      trust me in v0.7 the commander position will be even MORE important than ever before. And I dont mean dropping supplies or vehicles (those are removed), I mean coordinating the team, and we are giving him some more tools in order to do this!
                      Darn it, Fuzz!!! Quit teasing us with these little drops!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                        Don't forget, bunkers and firebases give you tickets every twenty or so minutes, so after a while they pay for themselves and some. That's why when I'm CO I like to build them away from the action on maps that tend to draw out into stalemates. The extra tickets gained could easily turn the tide of one of those rounds.

Totally agree. Unless you get a bleed point on the enemy then what is the use of the flags you gain? None!

It makes a dam stupid game if you get most of the flags and lose by 10 points.

CO should make a bunker at the HQ flag but its very infrequently done. Besides the other benefits it spawns a vehicle and increases your teams mobility, maps like ejod can be turned by small things like this to be sure

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by visCera View Post
                          Soccer can show you the ropes, he's the one guy I like to see in the Commander Position.
                          Thanks visCera! :)

Also, my offer to A_Grounded_Pilot is open to anyone that wants a little help commanding. Just let me know via text, chat, or TS... and ideally before the map starts. Some maps are more forgiving than others for a new CO. lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X