Black ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black ops

Since TG server has been have beeen having problems I have tried a few other servers. On one of them they where plaing the night map and it was real fun.
    Is there any chance we can have that map running once in a while?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Black ops

We don't play bi ming here because of all the problems the map had. Not sure why, but it crashes while loading for allot of people (including myself).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

if you load a map before bi ming, it will load fine.

if bi ming is the first map you load, it will crash

its a BF2 shaders issue..... donno how to fix currrently...

Comment

Bi ming just wasnt much fun for alot of players anyway. It was *too* dark.
        Skud

Comment

ya and for me it lagged like CRAZY when i had the NVG on so i ran around in the dark. ;)
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

i actually liked that map. It brought the unexpected and sticking together was key or you would be screwed.

Comment

I personally hate that map as for some reason, the NVGs on BF2 give me a real headache. I could handle it on BF2 SpecOps because there were lots of buildings and lights, but that map just makes me feel ill. it's weird cause that never happens on any other game (Rainbow 6 vegas, ArmA, CoD4 demo etc)
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I thought I was in for a little bashing...

I really, really, really dig that map. Wish the Devs could come up with a quick fix for .7
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

i like the map too, its got good layout and design, which most people dont notice cause its so dark...

light levels: it actually IS that dark at night without a moon.... i like what dr rank did, he didnt pussify night time combat.

nighttime+forest = FREAKING DARK!!!

Comment

I hate that map, and I know I'm not alone.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

It looked lighter in .6 from the screenshots I saw.... I still find it fishy that there is not a single light / lamp / lightpost / lightsource in the entire map.. The biggest source I found was some dang fireflys

Comment

I liked it too. It made you move slowly and deliberately, instead of "vanilla" type run and gun.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                          I personally hate that map as for some reason, the NVGs on BF2 give me a real headache. I could handle it on BF2 SpecOps because there were lots of buildings and lights, but that map just makes me feel ill. it's weird cause that never happens on any other game (Rainbow 6 vegas, ArmA, CoD4 demo etc)
                          I'm surprised to hear someone have a similar physical response to this map.
                          In fact, while I did kind of like the map at the start, playing it for half an hour does actually make me feel physically unwell. I'm not sure how this comes because it is the only map I've ever experienced this in.

I can have fun on the map, until it makes me feel sick. The map is certainly well designed, and it is a commendable attempt at making a night map. Still I can't possibly play it.

The BF2 engine simply does not do night well I think, SF night-maps didn't work well either imo.

Comment

I get sick with the NVG as well. I guess it must be a common problem. Another reason why we shouldn't play it ;)
                            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I agree with Al.

This map makes me physically sick. I start getting tunnel vision and start feeling a little car sick for some reason. I also feel the same way wearing NVG's IRL also:)
                              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X