Bring back Kashan 64 for PW night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back Kashan 64 for PW night

I understand the grief that this map can bring when pubbies start piling in with 1/2 the team on average waiting around at the main base, but us Pirate Air Wingers need more air practice before v0.7 comes around.

So I figured, why not replace Kashan 32 with Kashan 64 on PW night only? Us pilots get to tear sh-t up, like I normally do in my froggy (and maybe, finally get recognized with a freakin ribbon for all tank busting I do for you guys) and do it with a more mature crowd. Seems like a win-win to me. Not to mention, the map goes by faster on the 64 version.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Re: Bring back Kashan 64 for PW night

I second this terrifying motion!

Comment

More transport on the 64 version as well ;) Plenty of BH to take people from the main.
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Kashan 64 is only fun for the two pilots. It nullifies armor and makes the map just ridiculous. Putting this on PW night or other night would suck.

Kashan is fun now, but just barely. The only balance it has is that you can sometimes shoot down the choopers. With ineffective AA, Jets run rampant.....they are in no way balanced....

|
        |

Comment

Originally posted by =420th=Bootytrap View Post
          Kashan is fun now, but just barely. The only balance it has is that you can sometimes shoot down the choopers. With ineffective AA, Jets run rampant.....they are in no way balanced....
          You did notice it was a pilot who requested this right? ;)

Personally I wouldn't care if you replaced one with the other but please don't even think about putting both of them in rotation. :row__536:

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I endorse this product/and or idea.

Comment

Password night usually has lower numbers, if you want to play either version of kashan you want as many players as possible surely.

In general I think infantary maps suit a passworded server best.

I dont like kashan anyway and usually log off when its played but prehaps the suggestion should be to continually swap which version is used in the normal map list

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I would LOVE to see Kashan 64 back in the maplist. The 32 version gets pretty boring because of people being stuck at the mains due to not enough transport. I really really hope the admin team puts it in again, even if it is just for PW night :)
                sigpic

Comment

O come on guys. I know that you all dont like getting ur asses kicked by the jets/choppers but u got to realize something.

TG is all about TEAMWORK. If we only ever played small inf maps that would be great for people that like inf maps and the Irr squads that are inf based and all the other inhouse squads. But you have to remember that in maps like kashan it is the pilots time to shine and that rarely ever happens now in the server because everyone is SELFISH towards having small maps. Take into consideration that most of the pilots dont like inf maps (especially me) but i play with all of you because that is what a team does! Sticks together whether or not they like the map they are on. The people that like inf maps should take just 2 rounds a week out of their regular schedule for PR and let the pilots have some fun for once! I think that it would make everyone happy because i would KILL to have a round of 64 kashan. Someone tell me when the last time we played kashan was. Not since the new version right? How often do us pilots out of all those rounds get to fly helis(not including LB/BH cause they trans).

Think about that.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Sure.

Why not :)

I really enjoyed the days of the 6 man Jet/AA squad. It was intense. 2 shouldermounts, 1 linebacker, 1 warthog, and 2 F16. Or other variations. Either way I shot down alot of jets with AA.

And he speaks the truth guys, Jets are making a big comeback for .7
                    Skud

Comment

personally I wish they would bring back the A'10's in al basrah. theres not a better feeling in the world then calling in an air strike and watching the 10 insurgents youre engaged in a firefight with 10 ft away get blown away by the close air support that the a10 provides. As far as kashan, i honestly believe the apaches are much more lethal at tank busting than the jets, simply because tving missiles is much easier to control than droppin bombs. where you have to equate for speed,trajectory, that sort of stuff.
                      Theres always going to be argueing over who flys what, the noobs that who dont even know how to request a kit half the time and then try and fly, etc. but at least with the Tg server,thats sorta kept down to a mininum. Hopefully the devs will increase the amount of air assets in .7. Im a firm believer in using air power and close air support to accomplish the mission, + its fun to fly.
                      "Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice"

Comment

kashan 64 = fun for 2 pilots, 2.5 hour beat down for 60 of us. You can't drive a tank, you can't drive an APC, you can BARELY sneak around in a jeep. It's actually ridiculous.
                        Once the intial air battle is over and one team has established air dominance...the map is over.....just a matter of time. Just my 2 cents....I know it doesn't mean anything cause I am not a member.....just HATE Kashan 64, but love the TG server.

|
                        |

Comment

For those saying its fun for 2 pilots.. You either cant fly or have been around people that cannot fly. say an A-10 goes up. In 20 mins guess what spawns? Another A-10 regardless if it blows up or not. So if you are any good at flying in 40 mins. 2 A-10s same with the F-16

Comment

I think it should just be accepted that the Air Forces of the world are just unmitigated angels of death. I used to get mad at the whole death from above thing but at least we had every aspect of the battle going. Air support is an important aspect that, as an armor/infantry person I don't mind seeing. I don't fly, my computer hates flying ;) But the roar of the A-10 is lacking and I think we need it back :D

Comment

Originally posted by =420th=Bootytrap View Post
                              kashan 64 = fun for 2 pilots, 2.5 hour beat down for 60 of us. You can't drive a tank, you can't drive an APC, you can BARELY sneak around in a jeep. It's actually ridiculous.
                              Once the intial air battle is over and one team has established air dominance...the map is over.....just a matter of time. Just my 2 cents....I know it doesn't mean anything cause I am not a member.....just HATE Kashan 64, but love the TG server.
                              I agree with you completely, the air power dominated the map so much as to make it unenjoyable for myself, and watching 8 people stand in line for a jet while the rest of the team gets hosed is just frustrating.

It doesn't even make the map go any faster, it just drags on while the infantry hides in the bunkers. Please don't bring it back.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X