Question on Graphics/Bans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Graphics/Bans

Hello there....i have a quick question.....i recently had to buy a new copy of BF2 and it was due to a ban which i didn't do anything but anyways...i heard somewhere that if you have your video settings on low it is called cheating/hack......? only wondering cause i have to use my laptop while waiting for my PC to be finished....and my laptop is l a bit old.(3 years)

so if anyone can give a little input that would be great...TY!

Re: Question on Graphics/Bans

Not that I have an exact answer to you question, but I would have a very difficult time believing that having your settings on low would be considered cheating. Most people tend to do what they can to increase the performance of their computers, especially since BF can be a little laggy sometimes etc.

Look at it this way, are not the graphics settings in BF there [in the first place] to provide the player with the ability to set up his game so that it run as good as it can?
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
      Not that I have an exact answer to you question, but I would have a very difficult time believing that having your settings on low would be considered cheating. Most people tend to do what they can to increase the performance of their computers, especially since BF can be a little laggy sometimes etc.

Look at it this way, are not the graphics settings in BF there [in the first place] to provide the player with the ability to set up his game so that it run as good as it can?
      yea i didn't understand why it would just heard it somewhere.... and thats the only way i can play it on my laptop is on medium.....

Thanx for the input.

Comment

Thats a definitive no. Having your settings on low isnt hacking. Yes, it may be a cheap trick for some people to utilize the 90m bug with grass and terrain effects, but it is also necessary for some people with older hardware. We would never discriminate against people with older hardware and call it "cheating".

Comment

You can never cheat without editing game files, consider it as a glitch in the game. People with higher settings play with longer view distance... same thing.

I think Crysis is the first game to seperate gamers based on graphics, people with DX10 can't fight people with DX9.
          Last edited by Ghost Dog; 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM. Reason: of course Zaboo :)
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
            I think Crysis is the first game to seperate gamers based on graphics, people with DX10 can fight people with DX9.
            That statement doesn't make sense... Do you mean DX10 cannot fight people running DX9? I don't think that is true.. On a side note, the DX10 version looks nearly the same as the DX9 one.

If you gotta play on low, you gotta play on low... I would never consider running low a cheat. I would call someone a slime-ball if they played with a low setting when they could run effectively on a higher setting, just to get a small graphical advantage.

Comment

Ya, i run my card on low because i have an older card and people know that i do not use that to my advantage cause i die alot.
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                Ya, i run my card on low because i have an older card and people know that i do not use that to my advantage cause i die alot.
                LOL I was thinking the exact same thing.

So you mean if I was able to turn up my settings I'd get grass to draw beyond 90m?!? What setting? This drives me nuts! (not that I'll be able to turn it up anyways...)

|
                |

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                  That statement doesn't make sense... Do you mean DX10 cannot fight people running DX9? I don't think that is true.. On a side note, the DX10 version looks nearly the same as the DX9 one.
                  Fixed*.

Anyway, it 's what I read. DX10 would have too many effects which aren't available on DX9 and therefor MP would be split. I 'm not sure if it eventually turned out to be that way but I 'm sure I read that somewhere.
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                    Fixed*.

Anyway, it 's what I read. DX10 would have too many effects which aren't available on DX9 and therefor MP would be split. I 'm not sure if it eventually turned out to be that way but I 'm sure I read that somewhere.
                    I think one of the main problems is that the dx9 version doesn't have day/night cycles in multiplayer, whereas the dx10 versions does.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Terrain - the top setting - controls draw distance for undergrowth.

Comment

I think he is talking about turning down/off dynamic lighting. With that down/off (i forget which, it's been awhile since i had bf2 games installed) you can see inside houses clearly through windows, (not through the walls mind you) where with it up you get a glare effect that doesn't allow you to see inside the house.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X