Pw night complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pw night complaint

I started playing on TG pw nights a while ago and found the game play in terms of organization better than public games, yet the actual game play worse.

I'm wondering, if you are running some sort of special setting on pw nights, since the pre-game timer is 20 seconds (?!) and you can get a sniper kit with 5 people on your team.
    Heck, I was the only guy in someone's squad and he could get an officer kit?
    I was pubbing with PR.NATO.ZaZZO on Ejod last Sunday, we we're on Teamspeak and in our own 2-man squad, and he could get a Heavy AT and the rule for getting one is having 3 (!not 2) people in your squad.

M95/M82 squads. I see them here and there, one guy making his own locked 1-man squad and then going to the 1337 spots to pick up the .50 sniper.

Team switching. Not happened lately, but on particular maps, everyone goes to the "team cool" faction, either for being 1337 or leaving the other team with only reg pubbies, so its Veteran team vs. 32 poor souls. Particular ones would be:

Qwai River - USMC > PLA, because they get to whore the LBs and be kewl Hydra spammers.

One one round, I came in as PLA and got killed by AT4 3 times in a row before leaving.
    I just engaged a guy, he was staring at me like a dumb ass, I though "yay easy kill" only to get an AT4 0.45 seconds later in my face from that exact guy. Turns out, he was aiming the launcher at me instead of shooting me with the M16.

Mestia - Because Militia equipped with WW2 weaponry isn't "1337". Enough said. :/

And so on...

Snipers or Heavy AT on Street.
    (May I suggest Ejod 16p for populating the server instead of this map?)

I watched the BFR from Thursdays pw night, and the first guy who came into the server, as other were still loading in, made his own squad and got a sniper kit. (2nd paragraph is related to this)

Heavy AT. Either for easy kills, or flushing out the sniper on the other team, as it was in the case of the squad I was in.

Kashan 64p - I saw the thread about brining it back into pw nights for the jet whores to get some practice. THROW THIS FKIN MAP OUT!
    If the TG pilots want to do practice, run the map on pubs, not pw nights, where it ruins the entire round.
    The only way to shoot them down for the USMC was spamming the MANPADs until someone got a lucky hit.
    We had 4 squads, 3 full, one 2-man for jets.

We had no armor squads whatsoever as everything got raped by the Su-25 and random pubbies kept crashing the F16 into the hesco wall.

The only way, we could get a cross the map, was in a Humvee with a Stinger in the back to scare off Mr. MiG from spotting us for the Su 25.

So on.

In conclusion, ONE player, namely the Su 25 pilot; ruined the entire round, as the only way to travel around the map was on foot or in jeeps! An armor map played as an infantry match, because there was no way to get anything larger than a Humvee out of the base!

Thank you for reading.

P.S. We still had more flags than MEC on Kashan despite being raped all the time.

Re: Pw night complaint

The kit limitations are based on the amount of people in a server. The reason you don't see lower limitations in a pub is because it's generally more populated. If you were playing in a 2 man squad on foot and the enemy two man squad decided to hop in a tank you'd be f'd in the a if you couldnt grab the HAT. This goes for every game of PR ever played.

The M95/82 thing is frowned upon aswell as locked one man squads, team switching, and HAT vs open-field infantry. I noticed the majority of your complaints were against the AT4 which is the LAT and entirely legal on the server albeit a stupid waste of ammo which will usually get you a disatisfied groan from other players.

The 1337 motivation... I won't even touch that; it's a bit asinine. People here switch teams to play with their buddies, it's silly, but not 1337 silly.

HAT on street is nto allowed. In fact LAT HAT and AA are banned from street (I assumed the first two and thought I was being smart with the AA and learned otherwise lol) So use good old teamspeak, xfire, reporting, yatta yatta yatta because players caught doing stupid things on pw nights are smacked around more than usual.

Kashan 64p was an experiment. On a personal level I'd like Kashan removed from existance. But looking at it in a general view 64p does without a doubt provide a different gameplay experience from 32p which I think some people needed (I went and played portal for that different experience whi 64p was on).

Umm, I think that's everything. I'll throw in my own two cents and say the level of ridership on the pw night bus is dropping. 6 on 6 Ghost Train leaves me feeling I've wasted my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlawz7 View Post
      I started playing on TG pw nights a while ago and found the game play in terms of organization better than public games, yet the actual game play worse.

I'm wondering, if you are running some sort of special setting on pw nights, since the pre-game timer is 20 seconds (?!) and you can get a sniper kit with 5 people on your team.
      Heck, I was the only guy in someone's squad and he could get an officer kit?
      I was pubbing with PR.NATO.ZaZZO on Ejod last Sunday, we we're on Teamspeak and in our own 2-man squad, and he could get a Heavy AT and the rule for getting one is having 3 (!not 2) people in your squad.

M95/M82 squads. I see them here and there, one guy making his own locked 1-man squad and then going to the 1337 spots to pick up the .50 sniper.
      We're not sure what's up with the pre-game timer, no matter what I set it to in CC the password night always seems to have the 20 second timer.
      The 1-man sniper squad is a specialty squad. For the fifty-cal sniper its allowed, mostly because it doesn't make sense to have him in a regular squad (and no one would want him in their squad lone-wolfing anyways).

Team switching. Not happened lately, but on particular maps, everyone goes to the "team cool" faction, either for being 1337 or leaving the other team with only reg pubbies, so its Veteran team vs. 32 poor souls.
      The teams were quite even Thursday night, I remember TG'ers being on both sides and a full PR clan on the "pubby" side. There wasn't a single map in which one side dominated.
      Qwai River - USMC > PLA, because they get to whore the LBs and be kewl Hydra spammers.
      They get a tank, not to mention the mine rush the PLA can do...
      If anything, I think the US has a slight disadvantage.

One one round, I came in as PLA and got killed by AT4 3 times in a row before leaving.
      I just engaged a guy, he was staring at me like a dumb ass, I though "yay easy kill" only to get an AT4 0.45 seconds later in my face from that exact guy. Turns out, he was aiming the launcher at me instead of shooting me with the M16.
      The light AT is allowed, but continuous use is frowned upon. If you have a problem with someone report him on TS or in chat to an admin and we will issue warnings.

Mestia - Because Militia equipped with WW2 weaponry isn't "1337". Enough said. :/
      There is absolutely nothing we can do about that, and I don't think thats a problem at all anyways, allot of people prefer militia. The Militia usually win the map anyways.

Snipers or Heavy AT on Street.
      If there are no vehicles there should be no LAT, and ABSOLUTELY no HAT. I enforce that rule on street and gave a few warnings to someone who tried it on Thursday.

Heavy AT. Either for easy kills, or flushing out the sniper on the other team, as it was in the case of the squad I was in.
      Again, heavy at against infantry is NOT allowed. If you saw this happening you should have found me via teamspeak, I was there the entire night.

Kashan 64p - I saw the thread about brining it back into pw nights for the jet whores to get some practice. THROW THIS FKIN MAP OUT!
      If the TG pilots want to do practice, run the map on pubs, not pw nights, where it ruins the entire round.
      The only way to shoot them down for the USMC was spamming the MANPADs until someone got a lucky hit.
      We had 4 squads, 3 full, one 2-man for jets.
      We brought kashan 64 back because allot of people wanted it back. How about shooting down the enemy jets with a jet, or at least keep them occupied? Out of the hundreds of rounds on in a week its on TWICE at the most, at will probably usually be at the end of password night, it's truly not that big of a deal.

We had no armor squads whatsoever as everything got raped by the Su-25 and random pubbies kept crashing the F16 into the hesco wall.
      Then type in global chat you need pilots for your team, I was thinking on team-switching myself to balance the air out but you seemed to have a decent pilot squad, they managed to take our jets out a few times. Besides, you were winning the entire time anyways, although I left early and didn't see the outcome.

I understand why people are posting these threads, but honestly the remedy to almost all of the problems in these posts are YOU! If people have a problem with someone don't keep it bottled up and then complain about it on the forums. Admins are on almost 24/7, and always during password night, so there's no reason you shouldn't or couldn't have reported these people. At the least take a screenshot and pm it to one of us. If you saw something that bothered you, legal or not, hop on teamspeak and talk to an admin about it and we'll see what we can do.
      Last edited by thegreatnardini; 11-17-2007, 12:07 PM.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

There is slight weirdness sometimes like being able to get officer kit with 1 man squads. PW night was fine, more people would have been nice but it was ok.

I prefer miltia because their weapons are varied and different to the same old ones we play on every other map. If your any good you should be nicking kits off the brits anyway

Qwai is a good map but its definetly biased. The easiest point to see would be that tanks are harder to crash/waste then helis.
        Its only something like 60/40 but if you win as usa then you were certainly the better team imo

ejod 16p sounds good to me along with any other 16p map Ive never played :row__523:

Thanks to thegreatnardini for admining, its not a paid position afaik :icon_lol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Give me a mauser as militia. ;) I wouldn't mind at all.

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post

We brought kashan 64 back because allot of people wanted it back. How about shooting down the enemy jets with a jet, or at least keep them occupied? Out of the hundreds of rounds on in a week its on TWICE at the most, at will probably usually be at the end of password night, it's truly not that big of a deal.
          It really isn't but for us working folks who barely get a few hours a week of play, it just SEEMS Kashan is on every time. :p I've tried to sit through it for but I start falling asleep by the 2nd hour.

Comment

Originally posted by {-BaH-} ImagePree View Post
            It really isn't but for us working folks who barely get a few hours a week of play, it just SEEMS Kashan is on every time. :p I've tried to sit through it for but I start falling asleep by the 2nd hour.
            That's exactly my feelings on it and not just for Kashan 64. Lately, it seems like the majority of the time I log in after work that one of the bigger, longer playing maps are on (which I avoid). I almost jump with joy when I get a chance to actually play a map like OGT. Its gotten to the point where I bought ET:QW since my PR time has dropped drastically. Now that's desperation for ya. :row__687:

I actually did play in the Nov 18 p/w night as we did Phoenix, Sunset City, and Ejod 16 before Kashan 64 came on. Ejod 16 gets the big thumbs up btw. Good stuff.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I'd actually like to see more 16p maps on slower nights and PW nights.
              Skud

Comment

Skud, you do realize that requires changing the whole map rotation, which is a major pain in the rear, correct? :P

Comment

Doh, its not showing anymore but Kashan was listed as 7% of server time till today

We played ejod 16p yesterday was brief but different :)

In the ideal world anytime there was only 32 players we'd play a smaller map but they can only change to maps presently in the map cycle afaik. Put them there and you might end up with 62 on a 16p map which can get silly quickly.

Yesterday was another good pw night, well done to usa for the qwai win especially

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I thought the game play on Sunday was pretty good and even.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought there was a way to increase the tickets on maps? can't we have a 16 plyr map with like 300-400 tickets?

|
                      |

Comment

The problem is that 16p maps are so small that it becomes an endless firefight. Theres no tactics involved. It's like playing CS all over again. I dont think I'd want to do that for an hour plus.

Comment

We picked up enough players in the 100 tickets anyways, really no problem that I noticed...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X