Have you noticed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed?

Have you noticed the influx of new players into Project Reality?
    It's nice to see a renewed interest in the mod from people, but they really need to read the PR-Manual. AFSoccer and I ran into an instance where a squad leader of a infantry squad didn't know how to set rallies and constantly attacked the wrong objectives. Too bad we can't make reading the manual a server requirement, hehe.

I grit my teeth whenever I get the new kid who says, "I keep dying when I want to drive this tank! Why do I die!?!"

Me - You need a Crewman kit.
    Kid - How do I get that?
    Me - Hold 'T' near the main flag or rally point, or even an APC.
    Kid - Hold what?!
    Me - Hold 'T'
    Kid - Hold 'T'?
    Me - Yes.
    Kid - Do I go to 'Select Kit' to request a kit?
    Me - We are an infantry squad though buddy.
    Kid - That's gay.
    Me - ..... /kick from squad.

Some of the new people I've run into are fantastic. But lately, I've been running into the adolescents, and boy-howdy, do they give me ulcers!

Rant, Rave, Complain, Sexy-Time... whatever you wish.

Re: Have you noticed?

Yeah, I've been noticing that too, probably cause it's getting closer to winter break.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I don't know why kids try to play this, none of em have the attention spans to have any success in it. But yes, I have noticed lots of people who are new and further more I've noticed a lot of them leading squads (poorly) without any kind of knowledge as to what is going on... Sometimes I just freak out and say [Arnold Voice] "Come with me if you want to win(live!)" [/Arnold Voice] and make a squad ;)

Comment

Hey, not all kids have short attention spans, well at least not canadian kids. I dont even have my beginners yet and i do just fine in PR.
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman1987 View Post
          I don't know why kids try to play this, none of em have the attention spans to have any success in it. But yes, I have noticed lots of people who are new and further more I've noticed a lot of them leading squads (poorly) without any kind of knowledge as to what is going on... Sometimes I just freak out and say [Arnold Voice] "Come with me if you want to win(live!)" [/Arnold Voice] and make a squad ;)
          Uh, I am a teenager and i love the game since it is slow at certain times.
          I've tried being a SL and i now the rules but im more of an advisor than a leader.

Speaking about the new people. They really make me mad when you are trying to defend your main base and they are on the other side of the map.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Yeah, it's even worse when they try commander.

"Why can't i set the bunker!?!!!!?! i got the truck"
            "uhhh, you need the CP"
            "CP?"
            "...control post...didn't you read the manual?"
            "manual? manuals are for gays...so are control posts"

Comment

Nothing makes me cringe more than when a young'n joins the squad and starts yelling in a high pitched voice...

Man I feel old some times.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Oh, shut up. I'm older than you and I have a high pitched voice. But yes, new people who didnt take any time to familiarize themselves with the game annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  Hey, not all kids have short attention spans, well at least not canadian kids. I dont even have my beginners yet and i do just fine in PR.
                  "I'm from Canada, they saaay I'm a little slowwww eh?" lol

Well, I was thinking more of the 14 and under demographic that EA tries so hard to encourage parents to buy these games for :P Teen and Kid are different anyways, kids play with Pokemon cards, by this definition there are people that are 40+ that are kids!

I apologize for my mildly ageist (<- thats a word because they say it is!) statement, I simply just dislike high pitched voices that get excited easy and people that don't like to play by my rules as SL or COM ;) (again, the word kid can define people 40+ in those regards aswell :D )

And I understand not everyones voice is as sexy or as manly as mine, so I encourage you to join my squad to hear my sexy Barry White barritone so you can aspire to be as cool as me when you grow up!

Comment

I get annoyed too, but I usually try my hardest to walk new people through the rules and stuff, especially when Im squad leader. It's a painful first several minutes trying to get someone to understand the rally point system and kit requests, but once you get a person going it helps in the long run. There are those that just wont listen and ultimately get the kick in the pants (boot from the squad).

As for me, I was too lazy to ever read the manual for this, until I got more involved and wanted to learn the nitty rules, like AT mine lasting times, etc. It was the nice players who helped me out in the begginning. It's the players who get all angsty and start flaming the noobs and stuff who actually make the process take longer............
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman1987 View Post
                      so I encourage you to join my squad to hear my sexy Barry White barritone so you can aspire to be as cool as me when you grow up!
                      Where and when, cause I have to hear a Canadian Barry White.
                      |TG-Irr|Victam=NS=

Comment

yea I usually try to help these new players by telling them something like 'ok, you can stick with the squad but try to stay queit, and observe what we do. dont ask too many questions or i will kick you from the squad. if you ask me how to drive a tank or get the sniper rifle you will get kicked, if you want to know this stuff read the manual. next time you die spawn as a rifleman on my position, the spec ops is a noob kit and not useful to the team. stay in formation we are moving to the objective right now, stop rushing up like a smacktard and stay with the squad. use your compass to point out enemy troops. if you need a medic call for one and stay in cover my medic will come to you as soon as he can. STOP SHOOTING hes friendly!! make sure you ID your targets before firing'

etc etc hehe

Comment

I still dont know how long AT mines last for, its a while. New players should start as medic

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, if someone WANTS to learn the game they're totally welcome to be my PR love slave. It's the ones that A) dont ask questions B) dont say anything C) try to lead a squad on their first day. And before someone says "well you gotta learn to be an SL someday" Ive just gotta say "You gotta walk before ya run baby" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                              I still dont know how long AT mines last for, its a while. New players should start as medic
                              mines last for 10 minutes after your death

I looked it up last week, after having a line of mines across the road north of east beach on al jabal. We were covering the road for so long, my mines were perfectly in place for so long, and then disapeared about 4 seconds before a convoy of humvees drove through. I was swearing veryloudly.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X