No announcement yet.

is it me or is it a technical problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it me or is it a technical problem?

I have been trying to get onto the tactical gamer server a couple of times lately. I haven't played very much Project Reality in the past half year, and I find the new version a very complex game that takes a long time to learn. (It no longer resembles forgotten hope in terms of how much realism versus arcade there is, it more reminds me of battleground europe)
    I probably make a lot of mistakes and such, and i don't know if it is necessary to print noob more loudly in front of my nickname or something:

*Sometimes in the middle of a game I am dropped from the server. No errormessage, no ban message or anything, it just drops dead and the bf2 process exists no longer.

*Very often (like 2 out of 3 connect/reconnect attempts) I get the error message that I am refused access "due to a prior kick vote" or ban by an admin.

Is this the result of me doing something wrong or ??? If it indeed is kick votes and/or admin bans I think it is a bit harsh....I am trying to learn this game :(
    Ingame nick, project reality: bbble

Re: is it me or is it a technical problem?

I get that error also, however I notice its when the server is 62/64 so I just chalk it up to reserved slots.
    |TG-Irr|Victam=NS=

Comment

Welcome Bubble. Glad you found TG.

The PR server is full at 62/64 and has been getting lots of play lately. You were probably kicked to make room for a supporting member.Supporting members have reserved slots. The server has an auto kick script that kicks the the player who has been in game the longest. The kick message says something like "you were kicked for tk'ing" or something like that. It's a stock message that cant' be changed.

Anyhow...keep coming and we're glad to have you. Make sure you tell you SL your new and use that mic. I've been playing alot of COD4 but you'll see me in the PR server sometimes. Feel free to join me or a squad I'm running.

Cheers.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks for the information, it makes me feel a little bit more confident ;)

Comment

The fact you posted here makes you 70% less of a n00b than 60% of the players on the server ;)

Comment

Giving it another try! now...if I can get in!

Comment

Just keep trying for a little while. Most often, after 1-8 connection-attempts after each other, a slot will have opened up. Just keep banging on the door. :)

Oh, and I almost forgor! Welcome! I will try to spot you in game and see if I can´t give you a helping hand now when you´re starting out.
              sigpic
              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Another great way to do it is to jump on teamspeak and get in the PR public channel and ask how close the round is to being over. Very frequently people will bail from the server at the very end and very beginning of a round. This is generally the best time to connect to the server, and nobody on teamspeak would have any problem helping you out in that regard.

Comment

An even better way to get in is to become a supporting member of TG. It is really cheap, like $8 a month, which is cheaper than going to a movie where I live. And considering how many hundreds of hours I have played on TG's server, it is a great deal.
                  Once you are a supporting member, you get to jump into the server, no matter if it is full.
                  (I actually stopped supporting couple months ago because crappy computer problems. Now that I'm back, going to start supporting again.)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X