just an etiquette reminder...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just an etiquette reminder...

Santa copied and pasted from Bommando, and I'm copying it from him... I've seen a lot of this on the servers lately, so we'll bump it up and into PR as well. It'll help us all keep that professional air about us...

Bommando posted this for 2142, and it seems its needed now for POE. Since hes so damn eloquent ill just copy and paste

Just a little reminder for those folks who have trouble reading the stickies. Specifically the one labelled reporting infractions.

I've been seeing a disturbing chat trend among our players along the lines of:

|TG| VigilanteJustice > "Get out of the UCB or you will be banned!"
    |TG| SelfProclaimedAdmin > "Stop bunny hopping or you will be kicked!"

... and other such nonsense.

The admins decide what action to take based on player reports. This does not include antagonizing people with idle threats on which you have neither the right nor the capacity to act.

Please read the thread linked above carefully for how best to handle issues relating to infractions. Even if an admin is not around at the time, we have the ability to act retrospectively on serious infractions.

Please refrain from spreading your own form of hot-air vigilante justice. It just makes you look like an idiot when nothing happens and will likely provoke a less than favourable response from the offending party.

Suggested alternatives:

|TG| IReadStickies > "LEETNOOB, UCB CAMPING IS AGAINST THE RULES ON THIS SERVER."
    |TG| IMakeConciseReports > "REPORTING: LEETNOOB FOR UCB CAMPING."

Please read the above as many times as you need to help you understand. We don't need Internet tough guys making threats they can't act upon. We need more reports that follow the guidelines outlined above.

Thanks.
    OPS, the bacon is on you.

Re: just an etiquette reminder...

Indeed, after you report someone, if they respond with something like "what, you gonna ban me?", the appropriate response would be something like "No, I wont ban you, but the admins are going to handle the situation however they see fit when they get to it."

That way, you arent making a threat, you're not giving them any guarantee on a course of action. you're just making them aware that they are going to be dealt with in some fashion by the admin staff.

Comment

I see a lot of this going on, and try and encourage others against it. It usually happens when there is a disccusion on aircraft. I inform someone of the rules, but then another member says "Or you will get banned!". To me it doesnt do anything but make the person feel like they are being threatened.
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Yes well put by Bommando. When you threaten someone they get defensive and i have seen it happen. That is when people from both parties get banned either temp or perm. Although i wont mention any names it does happen within TG.

Thats what TS PR Admin channel is for guys. USE IT!
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X