headset randomly broke -_-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headset randomly broke -_-

Well, not completly, if i move my head in the right position both ear pieces work, but if not only the left one works. It is so annoying cause i didn't even do anything to the thing. Anyone have suggestions?

Re: headset randomly broke -_-

Did someone in ur house accidentally run over it with the chair? Cause thats what happened to mine expect my mic wire broke becuase it got crushed. Maybe one of ur wires were snapped or broke.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

You could possibly lay out the wire (flat) from the device and troubleshoot while playing music, work from the headset back. Sounds like an internally broken connection, check the solder joints if you have access to the individual speakers, or the jacks to the computer. Sounds like a razor knife, electrical tape job. :-) Steady fingers...

Comment

>>> manages to destroy every pair of headphones he's owned within six months of buying them

I had that problem with my old headphones, the wires from where the cord leaves the headset got pulled out a little bit and after a while stopped working completely. Although hey got pulled out the black rubber covering was still fine, so I had to take the headphones apart and tape it back together from the inside. It was hopeless with mine, hopefully you'll have better luck.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Well, i have some walmart headphones so i'll probably just have to buy some new ones, woe is me.

Comment

If you are a little experienced with "Tinning" wires with solder, it can be done rather easily with heat (Indirect) to heat the solder then fusing the wires with a thin film of it. Most people think you have to glob it like a copper pipe which does not hold true with electrical wiring. Hence the word..

Comment

nope no expereince at all.

Comment

Alright instead of going all insane just do what i did when my headset broke. Go out and buy new ones. I found 3 of em really cheap from Princess Auto believe it or not. Who would guess electronics at an automotive store...
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

For me... All headset I bought was broken within 6month of use like nardini...

The last headset I bought was some Sennheiser PC150... I had them for like 1 1/2 years now... almost 2!!! I think the last model of the series are PC160... they are a bit pricey but man those headset are very good! Worth buying since cheap headset usualy need to be replaced by other each 3 to 6 months!!!

Cya!
                  Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

I'm having a similar experience, however my functional earpiece is the rightside one.

The problem comes from the contacts of the wire being pulled away from their soldered-in positions. It's usually just cheap solder work that you can fix yourself if you feel so inclined.

If you're willing to risk losing sound all together (in case you mess up) just pop open the cover on the outside of the headphones where the wire enters and take a look at the wiring. Also, a solder gun will help in this situation. I know I've fixed several pairs this way, however they don't work for much longer.

New headphone time, my good friend.

Comment

I think i got these near the end of summer, pretty bad quality i'd say.

Comment

Ahhh, Let the guy experience aircraft maintenance procedures! Do some tinning man, Heat the wire, tin the wire, your done. Presto.

Comment

Oh, and read your MSDS on Haz-Mat considerations. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DoorGunner53E View Post
                            Ahhh, Let the guy experience aircraft maintenance procedures! Do some tinning man, Heat the wire, tin the wire, your done. Presto.
                            See, DG summed up what I suggested in 1/4 the time. Listen to that man, he's NCO material =)

Comment

I use some nice cheap Logitech headphones but on my latest set the mic stopped working. I could break it open and try taping the wires together but instead I just got a cheap table-top boom mic. The earphones on the headset still work great.
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X