Hope that PR does not get THIS realistic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope that PR does not get THIS realistic

Would anyone like this to have happen to them in a gunfight.
    http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=19890515
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Hope that PR does not get THIS realistic

Hey, I need an engineer!

Comment

I think that one might have been due to incompetence.

Comment

Headspace and timing bro...headspace and timing!
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Yeah, that's what happens when you dismantle a gun and fail to put it together properly.

Comment

Nah, never.
            Skud

Comment

Noone listened to the clicks when tightening the barrel? H&T indeed dirtboy.

Comment

*sigh* Moron. Setting the headspace is the easiest part of the .50, too. :P

Comment

I'd like to see a 50 cal jam or rifle even, maybe 1 in 100 chance or something just for that random factor

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    I'd like to see a 50 cal jam or rifle even, maybe 1 in 100 chance or something just for that random factor

Clearing a jammed weapon in a game sometimes gets a little too annoying, especially if the randomizer for when a gun jams is screwy. Just look at AA.
                    I remember an instance where I had just spawned and ran a few feet, and fired a shot and that shot jammed.
                    Even better when I cleared a jam on my M4 in that game and fired 2 shots and it jammed again... cleared that jam, fired about 4 more shots and it jammed a third time.
                    It can really get screwy without the proper coding. I wouldn't mind jamming on the crew-served weapons, but personal rifles? Might be a bit far for PR and the BF2 engine.

Comment

Vis what game is that in?
                      Thousands challenge, millions fail.

Comment

Americas Army
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                          Headspace and timing bro...headspace and timing!
                          And this means??? The only thing I am able to associate headspace with is possible use of some kind of drug. However I think you want to indicate something different.

Comment

The gunner is lucky there was not a flash back, then everyone would not be laughing.
                            "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                              And this means??? The only thing I am able to associate headspace with is possible use of some kind of drug. However I think you want to indicate something different.
                              The Browning M2 .50 requires you to manually set the headspace and timing for the weapon. The H&T is different for every weapon, so you can't set the H&T on one .50 cal and then jump to a different .50 cal and expect the H&T settings for the first weapon to work. You need to set the timing if you disassemble the weapon. Once the timing is set, you don't need to bother with timing unless you completely break the weapon down again. The headspace you should confirm each time you screw the barrel back in, in case you took the barrel off for storage or whatever.

There's a H&T tool you use to do this. I'm too lazy to describe in detail how you do it, but it's not difficult. The timing can be tedious to set, but the headspace is a piece of cake.

Basically, the timing sets the timing of the weapon as it cycles. Getting the timing wrong is a pain, but it isn't dangerous: set it wrong, and your .50 will either fire extremely sluggishly or it will fire the round in the chamber and then simply refuse to cycle the next round.

The headspace is the one you really need to pay attention to. Headspace is the space between the neck of the barrel and the face of the bolt. It needs to be set a certain distance, otherwise the bolt can't properly feed the round into the barrel. You either have the barrel too far into the reciever, in which case you'll probably blow your barrel off when you fire because the bolt is short-cocked (as seen in the video), or your bolt isn't completely locked because the neck of the barrel is too far away, leaving part of the cartridge exposed, which causes a nice little explosion, potentially ruining the weapon and/or seriously injuring you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X