No announcement yet.

What maps have spawn camping problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What maps have spawn camping problems?

Just wanted to have a discussion here, what maps do you think have spawn camping problems? Id like to eliminate as much spawn camping as possible to make it a fairly rare event.

By spawn camping, not refering to bunkers or rallypoints or APCs/trucks, but 'fixed' spawnpoint located at the mainbases, as any other spawnpoint is destroyable.

And I dont mean, that you spawned in, requested your sniper kit, walked 100 meters and got shot. Thats your own damn fault.

What I mean is that you spawned, and within the first 5 seconds you were shot. That to me is a problem.

So bring up any maps or exploits here and I will attempt to fix or improve the situation.

Re: What maps have spawn camping problems?

US main base on Qwai river seems to be the main culprit, that ridge on the west side is a whore magnet, especially if the chinese get office.
    But really, this is the wrong place to ask, because we're starting to see the dividends of a no tolerance camping policy. It really doesn't happen that often anymore, and when it does it's dealt with quickly.

Comment

I could say Kufrah Oildfield (something like that with the 2 little bird that spawn once)... it happens to me 3-4 times that either US or MEC was loosing and were getting their ass kicked at the main base...! Not sure if this is what you meant... but sometime it isn't fun and the round keep going for 15-20min even if the last spawn point is the US or MEC main and the winning team have 4-5 tanks + XXX number of infantry with their gun aiming the MAIN...
      Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Hills of Hamyong, open slaughter anytime...
        Skud

Comment

Jabal al Burj or w/e it's called.
          Not so much spawn camping, but if the U.S. loses the beaches at all, they're done.
          From that point on, the map becomes the U.S. team waiting on the carrier until tickets run out. It's retarded not to have the beaches become UCB's after the USMC initially captures them. It should be like Gulf of Oman in my honest opinion. That situation is just as bad as spawn camping.

Comment

I dont think Jabal counts, its your standard assault map story . However you can fire from west beach at the carrier deck with a vodnik or whatever, Im not sure if anyone ever bothers but its still possible I think (ie. you can see the blackhawk outline well enough)

With Hamgyong Chinese UCB, its not immediate spawn death but people cant exit the building without getting shot at because the only exit is a single doorway.
            Obviously the Usa UCB is a red circle but immediately the MEC can fire upon it and people spawning. There should at least be some smoke

7 gates now is a good example of how final flags should be

The USMC base on EJOD seems too open to me, more brims or trees or whatever would be good. A common tactic is to sit outside a UCB and fire at traffic leaving

You can drive a suicide car right upto the Basra APCs still parked

Qwai should have AA guns at each UCB but the CO should or could do that allready

TG is good on this point so I cant think of instances where its especially bad.

Years ago when I played the bf2 demo all the time (I didnt buy the game for ages), mec oman base was terrible for camping. No admin, no autobalance and 64 players on a 32 map. I expect its just as easy to camp now

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

On jabal and Gulf of oman there is a problem with the carrier being to close to the beach. if you can lock on to a heli from the carrier on oman(carrier is 600m away from shore) and jabal(will take measurements when playing)

Comment

Thats true of the handheld AA in general. It will actually lock upto 750m but the lock on tone in the heli itself will activate with no line of sight and 3000m away

We're just playing Basra now, with no spawn cars, the insurgents are camped heavily at the Mosque. Maybe its deliberate and they do have the choice of palace or the village spawns as well (both permanent) but its very irratating to spawn and die before you can press fire

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Al Kufrah, when the US tanks get south of the refinery (or whatever the first MEC flag is) - they have an open field of fire into the MEC main when they could be positioned to be assisting on the refinery flag. Had this happen recently, with 3 US tanks raping the MEC main when it was not in play.

Otherwise, I don't see it very often on TG as has been mentioned previously.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Daqinq oilfields, the chinese base has wire fences to protect their ucb which is on top of a hill in open view.
                    Unsurprisingly this isnt very effective and they often suffer compared to USA which has a ring of solid buildings as well as an open field vista to see any oncoming enemies

Comment

ejod desert, both mec and usmc spawns.
                      phoenix, more both of usmc spawns.the western one near the river but also also the farm.
                      sunset city both usmc and chinese main
                      7gates british mainspawn
                      ghostrain both british and chinese mainbasespawns(having here most issues)
                      (note: im speaking for my clanserver in europe not for tg server)

Comment

Al kufrah - made changes, spawn camping via infantry should be impossible, and new vehicle loadout means spawn camping via vehicle would be extremely hard.

Daqing Oilfields - made changes to spawn positions, the spawnpoints were INSIDE mainbase radius, meaning if you wanted to capture it you literally HAD to spawncamp. Big problems, but been addressed now.

Jabal - moved helicopters to the other end of the carrier to stop shooting from shore (AA still possible, cant fix that). MEC mainbase is now off limits to USMC (just the area where they spawn, which is NOT inside the flag capture radius).

Gulf of Oman - moved helicopters to the other end of the carrier to stop shooting from shore (AA still possible, cant fix that). MEC mainbase is now off limits to USMC (just the area where they spawn, which is NOT inside the flag capture radius).

EJOD - added more TOWs to help base defense

7 Gates - increased dome of death around british main

Hills of hamgyong - cant do much here reallly... its a modern day omaha beach. that being said, its nearly impossible for chinese players to kill USMC right at their spawn points, they have to use HAT and even then it is hard.

Qwai River - working on a solution

Comment

These all happen when our team have more flags. TG usually takes care of them quickly with an admin around.

Qwai River - snipers and AT hitting helos or apcs

Operation Ghost Train - sometimes sabotage teams with mines/c4 not always killing assets But also sniper and AT infantry. Doesn't matter what main base either... someone c4'ing helo, or blowing up APC.

Kashan Desert - no matter if 32 or 64, there is usually someone that doesn't understand no baserape, and will blow up valuable equipment. Or take their sniper kit over to the airfield mountains . But not as bad as other maps.

Gulf of Oman WAC - Sometimes cobra pilots can get a little ridiculous :). But also the MEC tank convoy spawn area.... should really just have all that spawn on the runway in my opinion (or make a long 'reinforcement' road come from behind the airfield, instead of in the middle of nowhere)

Zatar Wetlands - BIG spawn camping problem with mine/c4 crews here. I guess having such a huge abundance of armor, it encourages big time mine sabotage (US base is most vulnerable)

Daqing Oilfields - Tanks will usually rape the US spawn area.

Al Kufrah - Not always, but sometimes a US tank can get carried away and rape the MEC spawn.

All other maps are fine in my opinion. Some even are natural to have spawn camping (like Hills)... but that is avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                            7 Gates - increased dome of death around british main
                            Is there a way to keep the team with a dome of death to be restricted from building assets inside the dome of death? You can build bunkers there free from retaliation from anything other than a HAT.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I was on USA playing pheonix just now and as usual we lost, though the bias is better on this 32p version then we used to play in 0.5.

Anyway we have a permanent spawn point far left, it seems vunerable to spawn camping.
                              Ive marked the enemies with a cross, the one on the left was a vodnik and the one to the south was a rally point I think or several troops at least.

The spawn point was under fire at the same time as the marketplace and surburbs were fought over. I took the screenshot after the game ended, hence the zero tickets but marketplace was usa till just before the end.

Theres a building at D8, if the spawn point was inside the building you could at least duck before being shot at. This situation reminds me of Road to Kyongan'Ni where there is a spawnpoint where the USA land vehicles spawn, that gets attacked before the base can be captured

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X