X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAT sniping?

Along the lines of Sir Nerds post.....
    I think if Pr gets more realistic we can look forward to less HAT sniping. A demonstrational video has been provided below...

http://splodetv.com/sissy-w-rocket-launcher

Re: HAT sniping?

That is NOT a shoulder fired weapon, it is not designed to be fired in that manner.

Comment

What weapon is it. Someone pointed out that the Eryx has a secondary launch apparently so recoil isnt so much of a factor?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It's a double fire mechanism. There are two propulsions: the first is to propel it 20 to 30 feet out of the launcher. the second is the rocket propulsion that carries the missile to its target. So it can be fired shoulder-launch.. but it's a better idea to crouch with some way to stable yourself.
        Thousands challenge, millions fail.

Comment

WTF? It is NOT a shoulder fired WEAPON!!!!!

Comment

It is a Mounted Recoiless Rifle, I have seen these personally in Afghanistan. They are ALL mounted on something, even animals. The smaller version of these can be used from the shoulder, this varient is to be mounted on something. In Chagracharen, they have these facing the village to stave off any Taliban that may want to play.

Comment

Doesnt seem to be completely recoilless then. So its not a rocket, its a cannon?

Is it like this, 75mm cannon?

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/12/16/...s-armed-vespa/

Unrelated but a cool vdeo from the same link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyZ-raQseg
              Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 11-25-2007, 12:27 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I thought he meant the Eryx lol
                Thousands challenge, millions fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Doesnt seem to be completely recoilless then. So its not a rocket, its a cannon?
                  The phrase 'recoilless rifle' is truly a misnomer. It's just a blanket term that applied to many weapons that fire heavy projectiles. The reason they are so named is because of the different mechanism used to fire the round out the barrel, it's similar to the action of a rifle but not quite. When you fire a recoilless, the gas expelled by firing the round doesn't completely follow the round out the barrel - instead some of it is allowed to escape out the rear of the weapon to counter the force of the round traveling out the barrel. Ever see video of a soldier firing one of these puppies? One of the standard operating procedures is to clear the area to the rear of the operator, as this discharge can be quite dangerous.

Fun fact: these weapons are not rocket launchers. Rocket launchers fire fin-stabilized rockets with a smooth bore.

At any rate, now that I've done homework to back up what DoorGunner already told you (it's a good idea to take DoorGunner at his word, I've found.), HAT sniping is relatively under control on TG's server. It gets reported and the player gets dealt with, and it's always made clear that it's definately against the rules to do. HAT vs Infantry is not only annoying to the team being "sniped" but it's completely detrimental to the team using the HAT. There's plenty of weapons to deal with infantry, but only a couple to deal with armor. Mis-using this weapon severely reduces a team's operational abilities versus vehicles. Remember, kids - HAT sniping hurts both teams, keep it controlled!

Comment

is shooting LAT to inf allowed ???

Comment

Originally posted by [KOR]Frag_Out View Post
                      It has been discussed in length many times before, and to sum it up: Yes. Don't abuse it tho ;)

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

http://splodetv.com/video/insurgent-...-vs-us-marines

OMFG HAT SNIPING!!

Watch the video to the end, the man who fired the weapon is the one being interviewed. He should get banned from the RL server for this one. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by eol View Post
                          It has been discussed in length many times before, and to sum it up: Yes. Don't abuse it tho ;)

Eol find that thread for me please,,, the one that says Hat sniping is ok....

last i remember it was No Hats sniping at all..

Comment

Originally posted by [KOR]Frag_Out View Post
                            This sticky provides some insight :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Viking View Post
                              http://splodetv.com/video/insurgent-...-vs-us-marines

OMFG HAT SNIPING!!

Watch the video to the end, the man who fired the weapon is the one being interviewed. He should get banned from the RL server for this one. Check it out.
                              No- he fired it into a hard target - essentially the same as firing L-AT into a bunker defended by infantry.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X