What a difference a day makes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a day makes!

Played a round on Phoenix on Monday afternoon that didn't go to plan, I lead the squad with a degree of ineptitude that even surprised myself. Firstly I'd like to apologise to Gunnerysergeant and my other squad members for that and to thank them for doing their best. To make matters worse I recevied shall we say negative feedback from a couple members of another squad. To add to my poor leadership whilst trying to cap train we received precisely no help from anybody else for pretty much the whole game, as you can imagine it went badly. Decided there and then that I would give up trying to SL, wasn't worth the hassle, even if I'm only doing it because all the other squads are full.

Played a round on the Brit/Chinese train/bridge map (sorry forgot the name) today. Thanks to my squad members I had a whale of a time. We defeated a very acomplished bunch of players on the other team. Enjoyed every second of the game. Donhros, Gunnery Sergeant, Klinger, and the others(very sorry I am terrible with names) had a brilliant round and kept me laughing all the way through. We finished off as top squad I think. Reminded me that squad leading is not always that hard with the right players if you're prepared to listen to their advice. Thanks fellas restored my faith in the game immediately.

Hope to see you all out there again soon.

All the best

Wick

Re: What a difference a day makes!

I hear this little voice in my head that keeps whispering "write a ribbon nomination....write a ribbon nomination..." :D

Glad to have your faith restored in things man.

Comment

Glad to hear that your sticking around. I too had lost all faith in the game these last few weeks and i decided to take a leave for a while but ill still be around. Ill prolly be coming back sunday. Wickens i know that sometime you get frustrated over the game. To tell you the truth, imo i think the best thing to do is take a short leave to get you back down to ur normal level.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
        Played a round on the Brit/Chinese train/bridge map (sorry forgot the name) today. Thanks to my squad members I had a whale of a time. We defeated a very acomplished bunch of players on the other team. Enjoyed every second of the game. Donhros, Gunnery Sergeant, Klinger, and the others(very sorry I am terrible with names) had a brilliant round and kept me laughing all the way through. We finished off as top squad I think. Reminded me that squad leading is not always that hard with the right players if you're prepared to listen to their advice. Thanks fellas restored my faith in the game immediately.
        :) There are good days and there are bad days for all of us.

Having good squad members, as you mentioned, can also make a world of difference. I had what was probably my best SL session in a long time earlier in the week on Daqing! I almost wrote up an AAR on it but had neglected to take screen shots to give proper credit to all the squad members (the only ones I can remember off the top of my head is Cola88 and Belhade). In any case, its sessions like that which make me feel like the tip of a spear. You just point the guys in a direction and they go off and get the job done. Granted we still lost the round by 88 tickets I think but as a squad we kicked serious butt. :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...