Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted PR installation?

Any idea what would cause this?

Haven't touched a thing. PR was working fine last night. Tried a bunch to get on the TG server just now but nobody was leaving so I hopped on the battlearena server for a little insurgent lovin'. Loaded the map and got something similar looking to the above pic. I got about 1 frame every 5 or 6 seconds. Disconnected, and tried to reconnect. Same story, but this time it CTD'd. Reloaded, got onto the TG server, and took this screenie once I loaded up kufrah. Also, the maps don't show up when I click on servers in the list or while loading. Still get one frame every 5-10 seconds. I have no new processes running or anything, and I haven't touched any drivers. Other 3D programs work fine. Dell I6000d 1.6 GHz, 2gig 400MHz ram, X300 w/ Omega 3.8.273, XP Pro, yadda yadda yadda. Corrupted PR installation? Demons? Gnomes looking to Profit!?

|
    |

Re: Corrupted PR installation?

could be graphic glitches, like your card is really really warm. Open your case and see if you smell burning eggs and plastic.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Reinstall your gfx drivers maybe after deleteing the bf2 cache.

my doc>bf2>mod <<--- delete that

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I use a utility to measure CPU, GPU, HD, & RAM temps, so I knew that wasn't the problem. But good thinking Trooper. I wouldn't want to release the magic smoke. I ended up deleting the folders in 'My Documents>Battlefield2>mods>bf2>cache' and restarted the machine. Now it works like a champ.

*shrug*

Thanks for the help guys.

|
        |

Comment

i have almost had the exact same thing happen...somehow my settings(video) got change all i did was redo them and it worked...i don't know if this is the same lol so nevermind me!

also on a side note i somehow team killed when i wasn't even alive.. and nope wasn't a mine or anything...just got punished for who knows what!.

ok i'm done!

Comment

Either reinstall gfx drivers and/or DirectX 9.

If you reinstall your graphics drivers, make sure you use default settings at first to start.

You may also try and delete the shader files from \My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\ folder... [delete all the folders in there]. Then when you restart Battlefield, and load a map, it will do that 'optimizing shaders' thing, and have a fresh batch of shader files. (This usually fixes most graphical problems in BF2).

EDIT: Doh lol, I didn't read your last post *doh*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X