Punkbuster Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster Sucks

Ok, I've dealt with punkbuster crap like the rest of us since I've been playing PR and BF2.
    I've had just about enough. It's gotten to the point where even if I disable my crappy McAfee Personal Firewall, I'll still get kicked from the server, sometimes just saying 'Your connection has been lost' and other times punkbuster messages like 'lost communication: handshaking failed' or 'heartbeats stopped.'

I've also had my share of random messages like packet loading corruption error...

I just wanted to know if anyone else is as fed up as I am, and if you would like to share your PunkBuster hatred.
    Thank you.
    Thousands challenge, millions fail.

Re: Punkbuster Sucks

I have only ever been kicked by punkbuster once, and that was because I forgot to put my cd in to play the game and it defaulted to the bad no cd patch I had installed.
    Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

HAH! Someone beat me to the punch. What, if any, fixes or deletions are there to fix these issues. I see "PunkbusterA and PunkbusterB" in my task manager.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to never have had an issue with punkbuster... *knocks on wood*
        sigpic

Comment

ooooh how about being banned from playing completely which i had to deal with and then going through the whole complaint system thing they have and being told i used a hack blah blah blah but not telling me what the hack was or anything....all i got was "you need to buy a new game" funny how they ban the ones who don't cheat.lol

Comment

somehow Punkbuster_A got unchecked in my services.ini and I ran out of 4 letter words to mutter trying to figure that one out.

my latest peeve is the freaking blue screen of death that just started popping up after playing for 1+ hours. While it has absolutely nothing to do with punkbuster, it sure makes me feel better blaming Evenbalance for this problem too.

...I ran out of ham yesterday at lunch for my sandwich and recall Punkbuster having something to do with that too...bastards.
            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
              somehow Punkbuster_A got unchecked in my services.ini and I ran out of 4 letter words to mutter trying to figure that one out.

my latest peeve is the freaking blue screen of death that just started popping up after playing for 1+ hours. While it has absolutely nothing to do with punkbuster, it sure makes me feel better blaming Evenbalance for this problem too.

...I ran out of ham yesterday at lunch for my sandwich and recall Punkbuster having something to do with that too...bastards.
              OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahahaahhahahhhahahaa

you crack me up m8,,, thats the funniest thing ive read in a long long time :) :)

Comment

pb gave alot of people trouble over the summer. Even now I think it can take upto 100 meg while scanning hard disks, it can definetly lag you but I dont usually get errors anymore.

Try reading their faq for uninstall and reinstalling, do that a few times with reboots, etc and see if it helps.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

have you tired this????? have you updated punky lately manualy????

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

sometimes it doesnt update on its own and usually a simple manual update clears things right up....

dont know if you have tried this but putting it out there incase you havent :)

Comment

I just want to know why A and B are writing to my hard drive all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                      have you tired this????? have you updated punky lately manualy????

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

sometimes it doesnt update on its own and usually a simple manual update clears things right up....

dont know if you have tried this but putting it out there incase you havent :)

Yeah, I did that a while ago, when i was updating to the new 2142 patch...
                      I don't know, it comes and goes. Hopefully it was just in a bad mood that day..
                      I've given it a couple of days to cool off, maybe i'll boot up PR tonight and see where it takes me lol.
                      thanks though
                      Thousands challenge, millions fail.

Comment

Mcafee sucks- I have it too.....I hwas having the same problems you are having and I fiddle f**ked around with it until it worked. I went into the firewall, and specifically gave PunkbusterA and PunkbusterB permission to access the internet. Now I don't get kicked anymore....except for the occasional You have lost connection to the server. But I think that might be server oriented.

|
                        |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...