guid banned - any advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guid banned - any advice?

So the last couple nights ive tried joining TG server or DVB server, and after about a minute of being in the server i get kicked for 2 minutes because of an 'AIMBOT' warning....

well needless to say i dont use any kind of cheating software, not why i play this game.

so just now i tried to join again, hoping that it was punkbuster just being ****ty like it usually is. nope turns out im now GUID banned, which Im prety sure means blacklisted from ANY battlefield 2 server.

Prety frustrating, thankfully Im busy mapping and testing v0.7 right now so its not a big problem, but dbzao just told me that its probably someone stole my cd key and got banned.

Not only is punkbuster rountinely missing most common cheaters nowadays, but theyre also BANNING legit players! That is just complete crap.

So anyone else ever experience this? Is there anything I can do besides buying another copy of Battlefield 2? I dont care about buying another copy, its very cheap now and Ive already bought the game 2 or 3 times for friends and lan buddies.... but buying the game so a cheater can keep on playing, now that just pisses me off completely!!!

Just venting here.... any help is much appreciated..
    :(

Re: guid banned - any advice?

Oh man, that sucks. Have you shot thier tech an email yet?
    Skud

Comment

fuzzhead the haxx0r! Is nothing sacred anymore? ;)

Definitely need to get in contact with the PB guys.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hey Fuzzhead,

Not sure if it's related or not, but I was on the main Battlefield site yesterday and noticed an article about how they are really cracking down on cheaters and padders:

"Stat Wiped Players and Delisted Servers from September

The effort against cheaters and padders goes on. We continue to investigate every reported case of cheating or padding in Battlefield games, then wiping the person's stats if appropriate. If you believe someone is cheating and padding, please visit this section of the EA Customer Support site for information on how to report them.

September saw a huge effort from the EA Customer Support team that resulted in over 700 Battlefield padders and cheaters having their stats wiped right down to zero. The servers they play on were also a focus for our anti-padding efforts. The team delisted 30 padding servers across both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142.

In addition to this extensive manual effort we also continue to work on new methods to discourage stat padding. This will be combined with continuing other anti-cheating efforts as we believe everyone deserves the best playing experience possible in Battlefield."

Is it possible you played on a server that was delisted or somehow got caught up in their "cracking down"? If you're on PR most of the time, this seems unlikely but thought I'd let you know about this article anyway.

Comment

that happened to me....you can email them all you want..they won't remove the ban

so all you can do my friend is go buy another copy of the game..

keep running your spyware programs also
          Last edited by cfss; 12-02-2007, 01:19 PM. Reason: because

Comment

the only thing different i did was i tried BGF.... thats where the AIMBOT accusations from pb started.... (dunno why i was doing terrible lol)

ive sent both evenbalance and EA emails.... im asssuming i wont hear back from either of them

Comment

you'll hear back from them but they wont remove a GUID ban.lol...trust me i tried...and they didn't even tell me what the "hack" was i so called did.lol just said if u wanna play on PB Servers buy a new copy of the game...so just shell out the 10 bucks again lot quicker than waiting to for them to do anything....

i agree with you man they ban the legit players and let the hacks play away....i don't get it
              Last edited by cfss; 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

F*CK Punkbuster, Retarded thinking Idiots, who gives a SH*t, spam me with more stuff I need to download to a GAME!!! FN JERRY'S KIDS WITH POWER!! DUH DUH [email protected]!, He CHEATING [email protected]!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  the only thing different i did was i tried BGF.... thats where the AIMBOT accusations from pb started.... (dunno why i was doing terrible lol)
                  makes me wonder if I want to even try battleground. I dl'd last night but thinking about uninstalling without taking a look after that happened to you
                  sigpic

Comment

You can start a Trouble Ticket with evenbalance....... Make sure you give them all pertinent info. They are slow in responding......... also go back to the original server that you got banned from and see if they are running additional security measures. These additional security scripts occasionally "trip up" and ban people via punkbuster (this ban from additional security scripts usually turns out to be a blanket ban for every server as it is done through and enforced by PB, even though it wasn't PB that caught it). Sometimes you can get unbanned via the original server and this will clear you up.

P.S. You better have a good reason to get unbanned and an Admin who understands scripts or your screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKOPS NERDS_R_COOL View Post
                      You can start a Trouble Ticket with evenbalance....... Make sure you give them all pertinent info. They are slow in responding......... also go back to the original server that you got banned from and see if they are running additional security measures. These additional security scripts occasionally "trip up" and ban people via punkbuster (this ban from additional security scripts usually turns out to be a blanket ban for every server as it is done through and enforced by PB, even though it wasn't PB that caught it). Sometimes you can get unbanned via the original server and this will clear you up.

P.S. You better have a good reason to get unbanned and an Admin who understands scripts or your screwed.
                      MAN read my posts A GUID ban will not be removed..period
                      buy a new game....only way to play again...
                      i have already been through the whole process .......trust me!.lol

Comment

I had no problems with BGF.. And I use a modified BF2.exe (To support >2gb ram - Darn Vista hog). I constantly fail BF2.exe md5 sum checks on servers that look for that kind of stuff.

Comp BSOD'ed to much, so back to XP (again). Hehe.

Quite the situation... any chance someone got your key (IE. Walked up and wrote it down, or shared with friends?)

Good luck!

Comment

I had the same problem with counterstrike, somone took the cd key, and got my account banned, i apppealed and it got resolved.

Comment

Yes, but you may forget...

Valve = community
                            EA = $$

Oh: 99Lynx, Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                              Yes, but you may forget...

Valve = community
                              EA = $$
                              Truth acknowledged.

If possible Fuzzhead, try changing your BF2 password so at least this cheater can't play.
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X