Styrofoam's Map progression thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styrofoam's Map progression thread

ok well im making a map for pr. thats gonna have a trench base, an old shack village, and something else but i dont know what just yet.

i will be posting pics of my map to everyone in this thread for you feedback and just to show you what it looks like.
    feel free to ask for screenshots of specific areas for me to show you.
    i will try to post a couple of pics every few days to see how it comes along. and hopefully have a beta test of the map.

Fightin the endless war.

Re: Styrofoam's Map progression thread

heres the firsat batch of piscs

this is basic layout of the trench.

this is zoomed in on the center part of the trench

this is the village 10% done

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

What are all the "brown squares" in pic #2?

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo
        What are all the "brown squares" in pic #2?
        Looks like some sort of dugout to me, with a tarpaulin or camo netting over it.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

your correct its camonets

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

dont take this to hard as im not a prof. mapper but these are just a few questions i have after seeing your WIP
            (trying to be constructive) :)

the trenches look more like a maze then a actual trench network.
            Flags? what is the planed layout? the cap radius im guessing will have to be very small?
            what would be the recommended player size on this map?

keep up the good work! one can only learn by doing more!

Comment

Looks quite interesting if you were to ask me. :) I can only imagine what kind of carnage that will develop once a few attacking squads hit those trenches. *grin*

- The village, make it large and have it house two flags. It would be kind of cool to see, and experience, fighting in such enviroment. Perhaps strech it out so that it reaches to the tree-line behind the village in the picture.

- In order to make the trenches even more interesting. :) Increase the size of the trenches at one side and have them located in parts of forrest. It would then allow the attacker to sneak in under different circumstances that charging over an open field. Im thinking 'Fallen' [but with a smaller forrest] that then goes over into an open field, the village and then then the trenches.

- Add some features that will give those attacking the trenches some advantages.

Please interpret everything suggested as positive suggestions, and not critism in any form. :)
              sigpic
              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Remember tac mod's Operation Compton? Forest for half the map with trenches stretching across the other half. Slaughterhouse for the attackers, mostly because they charged across that field while the Chinese mowed them down. I'd definitely make it easier for the attackers with a forest or something. I loved the map when it worked out, and if you could get this to balance it will be a blast!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  Remember tac mod's Operation Compton? Forest for half the map with trenches stretching across the other half. Slaughterhouse for the attackers, mostly because they charged across that field while the Chinese mowed them down. I'd definitely make it easier for the attackers with a forest or something. I loved the map when it worked out, and if you could get this to balance it will be a blast!
                  Uh, I thought the Brits were the defenders.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                    Uh, I thought the Brits were the defenders.
                    Don't think we had Brits in tac mod, but its been a while since I've played it so it could've been the US defending and the Chinese attacking

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                      Don't think we had Brits in tac mod, but its been a while since I've played it so it could've been the US defending and the Chinese attacking
                      Oh actually I just remembered, there was a China v Brit map called operation Compton in PR v0.5, that was the one I was thinking of.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
                        - The village, make it large and have it house two flags. It would be kind of cool to see, and experience, fighting in such enviroment. Perhaps strech it out so that it reaches to the tree-line behind the village in the picture.
                        i put a second barn in the village and made the village actually go past that tree line.
                        and i made the two barns the cps but you have to attack them from behind or from the side cause the front part is a sniper paradise.

- In order to make the trenches even more interesting. :) Increase the size of the trenches at one side and have them located in parts of forrest. It would then allow the attacker to sneak in under different circumstances that charging over an open field. Im thinking 'Fallen' [but with a smaller forrest] that then goes over into an open field, the village and then then the trenches.
                        can you explain a little more, im confused on what your saying. maby an image to explain it.
                        are you saying make the trench wider?

- Add some features that will give those attacking the trenches some advantages.
                        theres a small hill that snipers can get on and snipe from.

thanks for the feedback people, i will work on my map more later and possible put up a few more pics.

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

this is the town about 80% completed

im think at each barn i should have a cp but i think it just might be a little to small of an area. the town is about 150Km by 200Km.
                          Last edited by imaword; 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM.

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

Originally posted by imaword View Post

this is the town about 80% completed

im think at each barn i should have a cp but i think it just might be a little to small of an area. the town is about 150Km by 200Km.
                            200km!?!

That looks like it might be good for one, maybe two flags. Throw some two-story buildings in there, maybe some ditches or something along the edge too and it'll make for some great fights.

Comment

i was thinking that each barn could be a cp

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed