Battlegroup Night 12/5 8pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlegroup Night 12/5 8pm

Strap on a helmet and join the 5th this week as we travel back in time to WWII for this weeks Midweek Modness. Join us with the recently released Battlegroup-Frontlines mod as we assault the Uman Pocket, Stalingrad and cross the Dniepr River. Expect large and small battlefields as we look to experience both close infantry battles as well as opportunities to experience some of the larger vehicle heavy maps. So get your gear and see you on the battlefield. This event is for TG Forum members only and will be held on the private server.

H Hour: 8pm Eastern
    D Day: December 5th, 2007
    Gear Up: http://www.bgfmod.com/index.php?section=news
    Password: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8191/dogtagspc2.jpg

Lucky Shot

Re: Battlegroup Night 12/5 8pm

This mod claims to realism: How does that stand up?
    Skud

Comment

I would relish to fly in a Heinkel He-111H with a few other players, but i will see if i can DL the 1.3 gig file in time, how long do you think it will take to DL with a DSL connection?

Comment

It's torrent only, unfortunatly.

So depending on your seeding speed, it could be 1-8 hours.
        Skud

Comment

it's also on fileplanet. http://www.fileplanet.com/182798/180...rontlines-v1.0
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
            Play with us on Wednesday and report back. It's been out since Friday.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I'm looking forward to trying this. See you guys on Wednesday! :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Skud, its not torrent only, i DL it from Filecloud. and gross, I have DSL connection and it only took me like under two hours.(1:34). It really is a good mod and does have some realism. I got it like an hour from when it came out. Anyway it is also made by BSS and they did a good job.

First off, the guns sound so cool. Second, there are no crosshairs on the guns like in PR. Also, the only factions are Russia and Germany. I think they are adding Canada, USA and British. The planes have smoke trails off the bullers so that you can see where you are firing. It is realy cool. Just incase anyone wants to know, when your flying the the planes both single seater AND double seaters, first screen you see is the cockpit view. If you press F9 it takes a view from about 3 feet back from the cockpit, so like chase view but not quite. In order to see the crosshairs in the planes you need to push X. It took me all weekend to realize that there were crosshairs. Anyway, looking forward to it.

http://www.bgfmod.com/

that is the actual website of the mod.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  I would say the realism would combat PR, and amazingly has less insta-proning, and jumping issues within PR. The vehicle and infantry movement is very well done. On the downside - the spawn system is vanilla, jumping been nerfed so bad you can't get over a lot of fences, you spawn in <5 seconds, flag system is vanilla conquest, flags can be insta-capped by single soldiers within 10 seconds, and in most cases more armour & planes than infantry.

Hope to see you guys, I'm in if theres a fair playerbase.

Comment

I have it installed now, I plan on checking out each class before I play. I'd prefer if we all keep the maps FRESH and new to us before we all play :D
                    Skud

Comment

I think I can show up for a bit on this one, just have to get the thing installed. It sounds like a good game. Anyone played it yet?
                      "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

zaboo: less instaproning.... nope when i was playing i was constantly getting insta proned by SVT troopers.... it works just as well in bgf asit does in vbf2 or pr

Comment

In my opinion it seems like something a 13 year old had helped work on. The plane interiors are incomplete, and every gun sounds like it is twice the caliber and being fired indoors. I will still play it with you guys just for fun ;)
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Yeah, I'll keep it installed for this event, only because TG teamwork will make it much more enjoyable.

Things were laughably frustrating and easy at the same time.
                            Skud

Comment

Yeah, i dont know if its just me, but its so easy to get kills in the skies. i had a 20-2 score murdering the "aces". Mayb its just me :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X