Apologies...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies...

And no this isn't another 'please unban me' type thread...

Just a quick sorry to all those on the US side of Qwai River tonight who suffered under my rather inexperienced leadership. It sure looked like we had the map won towards the beginning when we took the fishing village but it sadly wasn't to be as they got a tank around to government offices and managed to completely cut off our forces at the same time the littlebird squad lost several pilots and choppers.

My time in command certainly highlighted how much communication and coordination is needed to win the battles in this mod, as well as how quickly things can go bad when things fail to come together as they should. I hope that next time I pluck up the courage to apply for commander I have the same fine squads assisting me and a little less bad luck with the Chinese armour!
    | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
    Charge for the guns' he said:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

Re: Apologies...

Nothing to apologize for man. Everyone has to start somewhere and most people find that TG is a great place to be for that. Most people are more than willing to help you out and will give you some great advice. Keep an eye out for some of the more experienced commanders and gather their advice.

However, keep in mind that trying your hand at CO is nothing to ever apologize for. We encourage those kinds of things. Every ounce of experience anyone can get makes them a better player, and this is especially true for squad leading and commanding. Keep at it man, it does get easier.

Welcome to TG!

Comment

LOL- Dude, don't worry about it. If they banned shi**y commanders I'd be gone long ago. I have commanded 4 times....3 with horrible outcomes....1 vicotry (last night).

|
      |

Comment

yeah people have put up with my annoying voice on the commander channel. If I dont get any flaming on these forums, it must be pretty hard to offend them.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
          yeah people have put up with my annoying voice on the commander channel. If I dont get any flaming on these forums, it must be pretty hard to offend them.
          Hell ya. We all have our moments of course but this is easily the most level headed group I've ever gamed with. :icon14:

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Destroy the bridges, mine the roads (or watch over with a HAT kit, even better) from them and fortify office.
            The map is biased against usa really so it sounds like you did ok still

The road to watch (co-ord F7)

Here the traffic is likely to travel in straight lines and is audible even as it is still a shadow on the horizon. Attacking from this point minimises the chances of you missing even at great distance

This is just a example, the tank has gotten a bit too close here though you have good cover and plenty of chance to escape

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

No worries dude.

I was gonna say it was my fault.

My squad defended North Bridge.
              Smoked a few tanks
              Took Fishing Village
              took out a APC
              Then I crashed to desktop leaving a new guy to be SL
              from what Nerds_r_Cool told me within 5 min new guy had lost the rally and gotten himself killed losing the stronghold on that side of the map.
              You did good though coridnating air moble and keeping us togther from what I rember before disco'ing. Keep at it, we need more CO's
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X